Defoliation Road Map - Total Noob Here!

• Thread starter Dadtallica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dadtallica

Dadtallica

If anyone would be so kind as to mark up my pics and point me in the the right directions that would be stellar! It’s getting a little busy in there!

About to enter week two of flowering, currently on day 10. Middle two are at 58 days and the outer four are all at 53 days total. It’s a Mars 4x4 with a TSW2000 at about 80% and 21” with temps and Rh working out just fine with several fans, the ac infinity and a dehumidifier.

Sitting in a five gallon mix of FFOF/Perlite. Using mostly tap but sometimes just buy jugs of RO or spring water when I’m lazy. I’ve barely given them any calmag or nutes. They just started getting them a couple weeks ago. At four weeks i added a worm casting top layer and they loved it. Going to do it again next week.

These plants have done so well in their environment I’ve been hesitant to do almost anything to them. I try to keep up clearing the bottom out. As you can see the canopy is becoming largess lol.

I have the chance for a decent harvest so I want to make sure my buds are getting what they need. Thanks for any help! Happy growing! 🌱🤘🏻

Defoliation road map   total noob here
Defoliation road map   total noob here 2
Defoliation road map   total noob here 3
Defoliation road map   total noob here 4
Defoliation road map   total noob here 5
Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

What I usually do for defoliation after stretch is I'll leave the top two sets of leaves, then figure out how much actual canopy your light can grow like basically look at your plant from the side and see where the shade starts. Cut off everything below where it transitions to shade, then leave the top two sets of leaves on each aspiring cola. Then you want to strip all of the big fans coming out of your aspiring colas except the two top sets of leaves and where the shade starts at the bottom of the canopy. So basically always leave the top two sets of leaves on each cola then strip the big fans down to where you lollipopped up to and leave the set of leaves at that point so itll almost be like a plate of leaves at the bottom to catch all the light, open exposed buds, then the top two sets. My genetics are very indica heavy and Bush out really thick so for me it's mostly an airflow and light penetration thing. I know this is pretty hard to understand I'm not very good at wording things if you have questions feel free to ask

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Later on tonight after I get off work I can show you some examples if you'd like

Dadtallica

Dadtallica

Later on tonight after I get off work I can show you some examples if you'd like
That was helpful actually thank you. It’s just going to be a meter of getting in there and doing it. Would love to see some examples.

RookieBC

RookieBC

Defoliate everything that is blocking a bud site below it, everything below the screen, any fan leaves that are facing back in towards the main stem. Only take 1/3 maximum at a time off each plant and five time to recover. I defoliate evey single day a leaf here or there less stress on the plant and easier to manage overall.

Latest posts

Top Bottom