Deformed leaves on rooted clones WTF

• Thread starter Tesla666
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tesla666

Tesla666

Hi

The last grow got the same issue but i've Made a lot of more clones and when i put the clones in the bloom tent some clones get helalthy and have not problem. Seems like the inmune sistem of the plant kill this kind of virus.

This time the new clones looks the same, i'm going to discard it and make another new clones but i need to find the ****ing problem.

Have spidermites on the mother plants but they look helalthy seems like a virus that the mites spread when they bite. (Spider mites are controlled now)

What do u think how can i stop this before root the new clones...

Need fucking help i'm very concerned.

Deformed leaves on rooted clones wtf
Deformed leaves on rooted clones wtf 2
Deformed leaves on rooted clones wtf 3
Tesla666

Tesla666

You put those in the dark? Look to be revegging
No actually 24/0.
I'm pretty sure thats a fucking virus that spread the mites...
Got 120 new clones rooting but i want to find the issue before they are ready... Thats a fucking headache last time got the same issue with another strains...

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
In all honesty that looks like some sort of nutrient issue to me. Like possibly some sort of phosphorus excess that' causing excessive stretching? Then your getting a K deficit somehow? Aqua certainly would be more inclined to give a correct diagnosis, but looks like a nutrient issue from where I'm standing.

I'm sure the spidermites are a problem too, but the underlying problem looks like nutes to me, or possibly even a genetic defect. Are the stems extremely fragile?

Last edited:
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Change the light schedule and see what happens. 18/6
It looks like revenging to me.
also if you have spider mites you probably have other pests. I would see if you have broad mites too.

Tesla666

Tesla666

In all honesty that looks like some sort of nutrient issue to me. Like possibly some sort of phosphorus excess that' causing excessive stretching? Then your getting a K deficit somehow? Aqua certainly would be more inclined to give a correct diagnosis, but looks like a nutrient issue from where I'm standing.

I'm sure the spidermites are a problem too, but the underlying problem looks like nutes to me, or possibly even a genetic defect. Are the stems extremely fragile?
Happens the same with other genétics few months. The strain is Gorilla Glue #4 clone only. The mother looks healthy

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Happens the same with other genétics few months. The strain is Gorilla Glue #4 clone only. The mother looks healthy
My guess would be the nutes then. Personally I think you've got a phos/potassium issue going on there. It can be a real bugger at that stage of early growth when the roots are attempting to take off. Cones I'm sure are a little different than sprouts, but the idea is the same. It's just that the sprouts are smaller, and your basically at that same stage, until those roots take hold, and the plant can extract what it needs without having to cannibalize itself. It's struggling to make that transition, and putting things into the roots.

I bet if you dig some of those up, they have otherwise healthy roots that are long and seeking out what it's after, but not finding. I do lots of postmortems to try and wrap my head around what the plant is doing when things go awry and I can't figure it out.

Sorta like this one. Lot's of good below, but struggling up top. It was seeking out what it could not find, but otherwise, the roots were healthy up to a point. If the plant doesn't like the media, it will seek out a new spot in the media in an attempt to compensate. I've switched to coco choir because I think it's a bit easier to manage the moisture and nutrient content. Soil seems to lose it's cation exchange capacity a bit easier, and I don't think it last as long. Coco can be brought back into line much easier, not to mention the superior moisture content.

I like barky soil, but coco seems more stable.
IMG 20210328 1511505451

Anyone want to take a guess at this deficiency? These have been lightly fertilized up to this point, so I don't think it's too complicated.

Personally, I'm leaning toward the opposite of what I think your problem. Phosphous deficiency.... Or possibly calcium? But I'm going to guess the former.
IMG 20210411 125029926
IMG 20210411 125034084

Last edited:
Tesla666

Tesla666

Finally get rid off spider mites Also pH issue detected metter was measuring 0.5 more than the real measure. Thanks folks

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Finally get rid off spider mites Also pH issue detected metter was measuring 0.5 more than the real measure. Thanks folks
Stay on top of them, chances are they will return if you don't. Especially this time of year. I would continue to do some form of treatments for several months after having them anywhere, allow them nothing, because they can replicate by the thousands, within a short time.

Also, consider how they got infected in the first place. Do you have plants on your patio, or in the house? Check them, and treat them also.

Check the undersides of your leaves for eggs, or mites. Usually the eggs are along the vein, they especially like uder sides of the junction where the leaves spread out. Bust that cycle, and you'll have them defeated. The spray I make kills them dead at all stages, and is very effective.

Adult spider mites lay their eggs on the underside of leaves. An adult can lay as many as 100 eggs over the course of a three-week period of time. Unfertilized, the spider mite egg will become male. Fertilized eggs become female, and it's typically about a ratio of 3 males to every female.

Last edited:
Tesla666

Tesla666

Stay on top of them, chances are they will return if you don't. Especially this time of year. I would continue to do some form of treatments for several months after having them anywhere, allow them nothing, because they can replicate by the thousands, within a short time.

Also, consider how they got infected in the first place. Do you have plants on your patio, or in the house? Check them, and treat them also.

Check the undersides of your leaves for eggs, or mites. Usually the eggs are along the vein, they especially like uder sides of the junction where the leaves spread out. Bust that cycle, and you'll have them defeated. The spray I make kills them dead at all stages, and is very effective.

View attachment 1118053
Adult spider mites lay their eggs on the underside of leaves. An adult can lay as many as 100 eggs over the course of a three-week period of time. Unfertilized, the spider mite egg will become male. Fertilized eggs become female, and it's typically about a ratio of 3 males to every female.
What spray do u use bro? Awesome advices u the king

Top Bottom