Dehumidifer placement for 4x8 tent. Cant drop RH

• Thread starter Siz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Siz

Siz

Ive been chasing my tail with dehumidification. When my (80pint) unit was placed inside the tent I was getting condensation on the tent wall.

Now I placed my unit outside the tent and its no where near as efficient. I have my intake and exhaust fan all the way up. I also plugged in my backup unit (95pint) and it made no difference running 2 dehus outside the tent.

Anyone run into this problem? Ive been going crazy trying every setup.

CannaPics

CannaPics

I run a 70 pint in a 1.5 car garage in an area that gets stays humid in the summer and have no issues at least getting down to 45-50 percent. What kind of space is your grow area in?

Newty

Newty

Was the condensation on the whole tent or just near where the dehumidifier was? Was the unit close to the walls? If so is there anyway to move planters around so you can put unit in the middle?

Reactions: Siz
Grower1974

Grower1974

Sounds odd. I run a 30 pint Frigidaire unit in my 15X12 grow room and no issue controlling RH from 45-70%.

Tent itself usually is around 5% RH higher only. I also always have between 10-15 plants growing perpetually.

Siz

Siz

I run a 70 pint in a 1.5 car garage in an area that gets stays humid in the summer and have no issues at least getting down to 45-50 percent. What kind of space is your grow area in?

I have my 4x8 in a 14x14 room. 1 ton AC and my ideal air dehu outside the tent.

Was the condensation on the whole tent or just near where the dehumidifier was? Was the unit close to the walls? If so is there anyway to move planters around so you can put unit in the middle?
Condensation was right above the exhuast of the dehu and I cant really put it in the middle as my plants are trellis’d and not much space :/
61285D7C DA28 436A A179 AAEE46D2A876

BA1E58A1 B207 4BF0 8ED0 DD9FE0352992

Newty

Newty

I have my 4x8 in a 14x14 room. 1 ton AC and my ideal air dehu outside the tent.

View attachment 2118195

Condensation was right above the exhuast of the dehu and I cant really put it in the middle as my plants are trellis’d and not much space :/
View attachment 2118196
View attachment 2118197
I have the same tent! Do you run an 8" exhaust?
I wonder if someone makes some kind of moisture catching bags that you can hang where the condensation is forming that will absorb moisture caused by the dehumidifier running.

CannaPics

CannaPics

Also would this be considered a 80 pint or 40 pint? View attachment 2118201

They advertise it as a 60 pint... Looks like a more professional unit than what I run.

Ideal Air 60

I double checked and mine is only 50 pint.

50 Pint

Mine handles 380ish sqft with 10 foot ceilings and concrete slab with humidity that doesn't dip below 70-80 and routinely sits close to 100 during the summer.

Do the untis control the lung rooms humidty and your tent is out of whack or are both out of whack?

CannaPics

CannaPics

The only thing I can think of is perhaps pulling the dehumidifier away from the wall some. I checked my manual and it was 18 inches from any wall to ensure it operates properly. Check your manual to see if it says anything about it.

Siz

Siz

I wonder if someone makes some kind of moisture catching bags that you can hang where the condensation is forming that will absorb moisture caused by the dehumidifier running.

Yes I have a 8” exhaust with a 6” intake and I have them both running around 40-60% on a ac infinity trigger for humidity.

They advertise it as a 60 pint... Looks like a more professional unit than what I run.

Ideal Air 60

I double checked and mine is only 50 pint.

50 Pint

Mine handles 380ish sqft with 10 foot ceilings and concrete slab with humidity that doesn't dip below 70-80 and routinely sits close to 100 during the summer.

Do the untis control the lung rooms humidty and your tent is out of whack or are both out of whack?

Basically chart looks the same entire time. It keeps the tent around .8 vpd. I had the same issue last run its fine until week 3 and on when I really need to drop the rh.

Also tent temp runs same as lung room but rh in tent is higher.

Definitely something wrong. A good 50-60 pint unit should pull 2 gallons out of the air (under 1000sq ft) in 24 hours.

I will pull that much. During Veg ill pull up to 4-5 gals in 24 hours.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps pulling the dehumidifier away from the wall some. I checked my manual and it was 18 inches from any wall to ensure it operates properly. Check your manual to see if it says anything about it.

ive had the dehu in several spots it pulls the same anywhere in the room.

Siz

Siz

Do you keep your bottom mesh vents on the tent open?

Newty

Newty

Do you keep your bottom mesh vents on the tent open?
I run an intake fan for an active intake system so I keep my mesh vents closed, unless I'm having a temp or humidity issues then sometimes I will open one. If I wasn't running an intake fan, I would keep a mesh vent open on the opposite side of the tent the exhaust is on, this way the exhaust pulls the freah air all the way though the tent.

Siz

Siz

I run an intake fan for an active intake system so I keep my mesh vents closed, unless I'm having a temp or humidity issues then sometimes I will open one. If I wasn't running an intake fan, I would keep a mesh vent open on the opposite side of the tent the exhaust is on, this way the exhaust pulls the freah air all the way though the tent.

Are you running your intake and exhaust at full speed?

Newty

Newty

Are you running your intake and exhaust at full speed?
No, I use a AC Infinity Conteoller 69. My exhaust is a 8" set at a minimum speed of 3 with a temp trigger set at 78 degrees with a transition temp of 2 degrees. My intake is a 4" set at minimum of 5 with a temp trigger of 78 degrees and transition temp of 2 degrees. This means my exhaust will always run at 3 and intake at 5 but if my temp hits 78 both fans will raise 1 speed setting and for every 2 degrees over 78 it gets, the fan will go up another speed setting.

Top Bottom