dehumidifier is in the room the tent is in

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

so i have my tent in a 8x12 room i have a 35 pint dehumidifier in the room the dehumidifier says 50 rh tent rh says 65 what am i doing wrong

NoonTwenty

NoonTwenty

I have a similar setup for my flower/dry tent and have battled humidity certain times of the year. The room is in a semi finished basement. A few things I've done:
Vent exhaust outside the house (carbon filter used on intake side of fan).
Furnace filter connected to intake hole on tent - air drawn into the tent passes through that filter.
Output of dehumidifier placed up against intake filter. - This raises the temp a few degrees, but it's never getting above 80 in the tent. Room temp is about 75.
This works pretty well for me. Temp is 80 daytime, 75 at night. Humidity hovers around 50-55% which is what many would say is about the upper limit. I've got lots of air circulation so no issues. Those plants start really drinking the water toward the end of veg into flower and that gets the humudity going big time. Hope that helps.

freezeland2

freezeland2

so i have my tent in a 8x12 room i have a 35 pint dehumidifier in the room the dehumidifier says 50 rh tent rh says 65 what am i doing wrong
Do you have an exhaust fan in the tent drawing the air from the room in?

freezeland2

freezeland2

So you have negative pressure in the tent when it’s closed? Have you tested that to be sure you are drawing air in to the tent? Is the exhaust filter in the tent possibly dirty or old?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

its all new i have a 6 inch exhaust fan in the tent blowing shit outside i have a 6 inch intake fan blowing air into the tent

freezeland2

freezeland2

its all new i have a 6 inch exhaust fan in the tent blowing shit outside i have a 6 inch intake fan blowing air into the tent
Can you control fan speeds? Maybe slow one of them and see what tent rh does. Sounds like the tent interior just isn’t getting the lower rh air.

2Bad

2Bad

Need more fresh air in the tent should only be a 5% diff at most unless recently watered. How big is the tent?

2Bad

2Bad

The 6inch fan isn't big enough.. you'll have to run it on full blast if you haven't already and see if that works. I have a 8inch in my 4x8 at #8 speed

edit:make sure all the filtered vent openings are open

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

The 6inch fan isn't big enough.. you'll have to run it on full blast if you haven't already and see if that works. I have a 8inch in my 4x8 at #8 speed
sorry i meant a 4x4

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

im venting outside no turn on intake not even a foot of ducting
exhaust maybe 3 bends 6 or 7 ft of ducting maybe

2Bad

2Bad

im venting outside no turn on intake not even a foot of ducting
exhaust maybe 3 bends 6 or 7 ft of ducting maybe
the bends and ducting adds more cfm i'm sure you prolly already knew but I figured id say it anyway.. what speed was your fan? temps in the room? were the filtered vent holes open/how many? Could be low airflow ... If upping your fan speed and vent holes doesn't work within a few days turn your dehumidifier down to 45%

Top Bottom