Deleaf ? It's Getting Crowded! :\

• Thread starter Medigrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
whitebob

whitebob

Damn that’s a beautiful crop friend.
Too bad you took 3 too many leaves and it’s all going to die now. There’s always next time :D:p
Seriously tho, very impressive
indeed it is a beautiful sight. when you going to invite us over to help devour it?:smoking:

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It looks like your grow AND your trimming worked out great! I might have trimmed a little deeper, under the top canopy...but it is great as it is and I can't really tell if it needs to go any deeper or not. My screen is hard to see (or maybe my old eyes!) and it really depends on the strain...plants have gotten a lot shorter over the years and what is good for a tall plant might not be suitable for a new school strain...but yours look great!

Medigrow

Medigrow

It looks like your grow AND your trimming worked out great! I might have trimmed a little deeper, under the top canopy...but it is great as it is and I can't really tell if it needs to go any deeper or not. My screen is hard to see (or maybe my old eyes!) and it really depends on the strain...plants have gotten a lot shorter over the years and what is good for a tall plant might not be suitable for a new school strain...but yours look great!

Hard to take a proper picture to show canopy's depth. I wanted to remove leaves over few days, will probably remove others in few days, turning brown, so I may hurry things a bit. I don't know how long it takes from brown hair's debut til end of ripening.. But.. Im watching like hell :)

Medigrow

Medigrow

Finally... YES defoliation is *** important, even with a light defoliation, i've been able to achieve a 8-10% more production. And I'm not even talking about the trimming job, which was a charm on the defoliated plants. Plus, lower nuggets were so much more dense vs non-defoliated...

From now on, defoliation all the way!

Reactions: Ina
P

Pass2TheLeft

Finally... YES defoliation is *** important, even with a light defoliation, i've been able to achieve a 8-10% more production. And I'm not even talking about the trimming job, which was a charm on the defoliated plants. Plus, lower nuggets were so much more dense vs non-defoliated...

From now on, defoliation all the way!
Sorry to disagree i think of leaves like batterys if you remove your batterys your light goes out.in the last few weeks during the fade your plant uses up stored energy to finish its self if your lower flowers are small try pulling your plants over and keeping them as low as possible then the bottom goes aswell as the top

B

Burned Haze

I personally go ape shit on my fan leaves over the course of week six. Fluffy buds that don't get enough light just aren't worth the time it takes to trim em these days.
It might not amount to fuck all but I snip the stem of the leaves with scissors, my logic being, it may be less stressful than yanking and tearing.

100% agree , I also lollipop the plant and then after day 10 of bloom I gradually I go through my trellis / bottoms and remove any worthless buds or leafs that’s will blocks anything . It’s def time consuming but worth it, more times I do it I’m down to do it everyday till it gets super “ super sticky buds” era. I love cannabis but hate becoming a human lollipop to work ( so I just get mst of it done before that = mission success )

Medigrow

Medigrow

Sorry to disagree i think of leaves like batterys if you remove your batterys your light goes out.in the last few weeks during the fade your plant uses up stored energy to finish its self if your lower flowers are small try pulling your plants over and keeping them as low as possible then the bottom goes aswell as the top
I'm not here to debate as it can goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on, you get the idea?

Try it for yourself! I tried and now i'm sold! =)

P

Pass2TheLeft

I'm not here to debate as it can goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on, you get the idea?

Try it for yourself! I tried and now i'm sold! =)
Yeah i have tryied it bro and yes it works well for me it made a huge difference not deleafing i went from just over a pound of dry flower to 2 pound per plant so i guess it was opposite for me

Medigrow

Medigrow

Yeah i have tryied it bro and yes it works well for me it made a huge difference not deleafing i went from just over a pound of dry flower to 2 pound per plant so i guess it was opposite for me

2 pounds per plant? One giant under each lamp? :) Limit number? Veg must be awful?

I guess it depends on strain but the one I just chop, nice difference, I will deleaf way more next run.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I was trimming a few leaves from the ladies today and saw a huge difference in the need for trimming. The Sativa's hardly needed any trimming, while the full Indica's leaves were getting very wide, so I just trimmed a few lobes off of them to allow them to continue producing energy, and by allowing some extra light to hit the lower bud sites, they are getting much wider. I have a Black Diesel and a Train Wreck going, but the yield isn't too great because they stay too short with a heavy canopy and not mch underneath. Even with pruning, it never seems to produce well. I'm going to try some gibberellic acid around week 6 of vegging to try to coax a little more length out of them, hopefully encouraging side growth, like Sativa's grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom