Delicious Dark Purple Med run. Michigan no-card 12 max legal recreational. Gave the card up.

• Thread starter WolfieLee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WolfieLee

WolfieLee

The photo-journal style blog narrative:

By midnight tomorrow, the beans will hit their media, ready to go 2 runs this winter, utilizing Colloidal silver on the second batch for some free seeds... Here we go... Going to use each bucket for individual Flood to saturation with no waste. Soil mix is Aurora Innovations Roots Organic LUSH. 5 with Rock Wool 4" cubes. ( For testing advanced technique ; I will find the You-Tube reference when the time comes) I will attempt just using a rock wool plug and FIRMLY packed media to duplicate the same technique directly in the soil, if possible. The technique enduces a massive taproot befor it then sinks down into the medium... I will also tip-toe into the work of full DWC with just one of the plants.

20201019 132737
20201019 132945
20201019 133019
20201019 133100
20201019 133125
20201019 133307
20201019 133504
20201019 133701
20201019 133734
20201019 133807
20201019 134053
WolfieLee

WolfieLee

So. 10'x10' Vivosun tent is ready to roll with 700+ CFM airflow capabilities. Small window AC IF needed this winter. Never ran anything this size. Asking for a great deal of input, I am using a technique of LST / Bonsai to MAXIMIZE the potency. I read about it on a very defunct website and can't for the life of me remember what it's called. Basically, I pull all main branches down to make the canopy one level "Top" where every bud is, actually the TOP of the plant. This forces the enzymes to treat all buds as the COLA. I would like to know if anyone has heard of this and can verify and NAME it. PLEASE, LOL. This is a GOOD example, though it's lopsided...fuckin' stoner Gardening!
IMAG2162

Here are Harvest pictures of my Dark Purple from the SAME grow (it got burned early on in the veg stage by a flourescent touching it very briefly, so was all funky and lopsided) :

IMAG2072

Trichs:

Vlcsnap 2016 07 29 03h37m44s849
Vlcsnap 2016 07 29 04h42m28s888

WolfieLee

WolfieLee

following along. Looking forward to your grow.
Thanks for the Sub! I enjoy learning from the subscribers. If you can name the technique I described and showed, I would be much obliged, btw. Very much looking forward it has been a LONG time Coming!

NwolkZark

NwolkZark

Thanks for the Sub! I enjoy learning from the subscribers. If you can name the technique I described and showed, I would be much obliged, btw. Very much looking forward it has been a LONG time Coming!

Looks like your describing a scrog / screen of green method, with SOG / sea of green being the alternate which is often discussed.

WolfieLee

WolfieLee

Looks like your describing a scrog / screen of green method, with SOG / sea of green being the alternate which is often discussed.
Thanks. That was not what I meant. Sea of green, screen of green is what it ends up looking like, but I use a LOT of wind and a SI supplement and grew VERY woody plants... no screen necessary. I was talking about HOW the plant handles the enzyme distribution WITHIN the plant. Someone NAMED that specific process something I can't think of... Appreciate the input, no matter what, though...

WolfieLee

WolfieLee

Main lining?
Thank you. Also got to say no to this. Like I said, this is about what happens inside the plant with the enzymes, not really what you do TO the plant training it to grow in a certain way. The word is so close on the tip of my lounge but I just can't recall... something like synergy but not that... It also may have to do with the way the Plant hormones react when the buds are all growing on the same horizontal plane.

R

redshift75

No. Like I said, this is about what happens inside the plant with the enzymes, not really what you do TO the plant training it to grow in a certain way. The word is so close on the tip of my lounge but I just can't recall... something like synergy but not that... It also may have to do with the way the Plant hormones react when the buds are all growing on the same horizontal plane.
symbiosis?

Also MI grower here! love it.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Welcome to the farm. Looking good. Pretty sure you’re referring to bonsai? Your plants are bonsai trained. @MHippie
BurnZ

R

redshift75

I recommend you cover that fan with panty hose from dollar tree so you dont get something in the impeller at some point unintentionally. also works as a nice little filter with minimal restriction.

R

redshift75

+1
You talkin’ bout a finger?! 🤣
finger, knuckle, hair, loose clothing, yoyo string. its all no good lol. cheap solution is just get the duct clamps and 2 packs of panty hose. You can wash em out. You will find they get clogged. But you can rotate the fabric to clean spots. or cut sections. Whatever. Works great. but its no fun to lose a fan when you were doing something inconsequential until you lost the fan lol. I can raise my hand to having done it.

WolfieLee

WolfieLee

Wow, thanks guys! UMM... Honestly and embarrassingly I am UNSURE about Symbiosis, but I think it's a no as well. And Bonsai Is the technique (LST) I use, to achieve the desired "Level Playing field" LOL... So I guess I may never truly know, and that's OK, too...

WolfieLee

WolfieLee

Update coming SOON... Also, with General Hydroponics Nutrients does anyone have a rootling feeding schedule I can use for a 60-Day AUTO? It may get a Late start... I need to research...
Never tried Full- tilt Hydro, but Will use a lid splashing root soaker of a submersible water pump I have had for years with the last 4" Rock wool cube... and the bubble ring looks VERY nice, imo...

Last edited:
WolfieLee

WolfieLee

OK, so they were in under my deadline of Midnight, last night, LOL, but I was having trouble transferring pictures to laptop... I just finished stabilizing the temperature at near 90 for the seeds to sprout. Still have to find info and or guidance on Automatics in DWC... I have the PH and EC meters, but no feeding schedule and won't fly blind on this for darn sure. I have only to duplicate feeding from my last grow to make a good harvest of the rest of the plants, This plant produced FULL - Melt Ice Hash... Off to the races, t-Minus GERM day! P.S. They each got three of the pictured syringes of water... I have a video to track down...
20201020 082854
20201020 084259
20201020 084335
20201020 223041
20201020 223207
20201020 223846
20201020 234824
20201021 071257
20201021 071331

WolfieLee

WolfieLee

One more makes three sprouts. If the new watering don't pop the others I will splash a bit of rapid start rooting hormone in with the next watering, for sure a bit concerned about the low sprout rate...

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Ah Burnzy tagged me in this post earlier in the week. Sorry it took so long to respond. I guess I'm the resident bonsai freak lol!

A couple of things... if you check out this plant, it's about a year old. It's a fem Squirt by Humboldt Seed Company. Really heavy dank weed. Awesome fornsmoke. Awesome for pressing rosin.

I have NO plans to ever flower her. But you will notice a couple of things. 1) No nute deficiencies. Had a row with spider mites but that's a different story for and a different day. 2) Really little leaves.

The way that part happens is with root trims every 60 to 90 days. After a while it gets to be once every 6 months and then once a year.

Combine that with monthly pruning and a 3 inch tall pot and you've got a legit bonsai.

What cannabis bonsai ARE good at is producing aged clones. It is true that the older the plant the higher the thc output and potency. I'm running one of her clones now and cant wait to see how quickly this one frosts up.

I like keeping bonsais of my favorite strains... a lot :) Works for males too.

So how to do it? Mainline lol without removal of the second nodes. Seedling gets transplanted to bonsai container. Then grow to 6 nodes, top to the third. Remove the growth under node 3... all of it. Then work your remaining two branches straight out and tie/wire it in place. Take that top and clone it immediately. As soon as you have that clone rooted, let it veg for a week and then flip it to flower. You want to sex that thing before you get too deep into it.

As far as pruning? Just remember you cut 1 then you have 2. Be careful or you'll make a weak unusable bush. This one is about a week away from her monthly hair cut. She's just about out of control and ready to give up easily more than a dozen clones.

20201025 055502
Top Bottom