Delicious Dark Purple Med run. Michigan no-card 12 max legal recreational. Gave the card up.

• Thread starter WolfieLee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WolfieLee

WolfieLee

Wow that's amazing. I have been interested in doing that very thing. These are 60 day automatics, however. I am wondering if someone on a lesser website was pulling chains. I believe the technique I described works as stated, making the cannabinoid distribution equal to all buds as long as they are maintained at the same level. Is that anything you can verify and name, by chance?

Bigk

Bigk

Ah Burnzy tagged me in this post earlier in the week. Sorry it took so long to respond. I guess I'm the resident bonsai freak lol!

A couple of things... if you check out this plant, it's about a year old. It's a fem Squirt by Humboldt Seed Company. Really heavy dank weed. Awesome fornsmoke. Awesome for pressing rosin.

I have NO plans to ever flower her. But you will notice a couple of things. 1) No nute deficiencies. Had a row with spider mites but that's a different story for and a different day. 2) Really little leaves.

The way that part happens is with root trims every 60 to 90 days. After a while it gets to be once every 6 months and then once a year.

Combine that with monthly pruning and a 3 inch tall pot and you've got a legit bonsai.

What cannabis bonsai ARE good at is producing aged clones. It is true that the older the plant the higher the thc output and potency. I'm running one of her clones now and cant wait to see how quickly this one frosts up.

I like keeping bonsais of my favorite strains... a lot :) Works for males too.

So how to do it? Mainline lol without removal of the second nodes. Seedling gets transplanted to bonsai container. Then grow to 6 nodes, top to the third. Remove the growth under node 3... all of it. Then work your remaining two branches straight out and tie/wire it in place. Take that top and clone it immediately. As soon as you have that clone rooted, let it veg for a week and then flip it to flower. You want to sex that thing before you get too deep into it.

As far as pruning? Just remember you cut 1 then you have 2. Be careful or you'll make a weak unusable bush. This one is about a week away from her monthly hair cut. She's just about out of control and ready to give up easily more than a dozen clones.
Insane looks very cool, I need to try something like this.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Wow that's amazing. I have been interested in doing that very thing. These are 60 day automatics, however. I am wondering if someone on a lesser website was pulling chains. I believe the technique I described works as stated, making the cannabinoid distribution equal to all buds as long as they are maintained at the same level. Is that anything you can verify and name, by chance?

Thanks :) It wont work on autos and those are really short term. Yes it's called mainlining. Grow to the 6th, top to the third, remove all growth from 1 and 2. LST the remaining two branches east to west straight out and level. Grow those to branches to three nodes. Then cut the tips off of the ends of both. Cut everything from node 2 on both sides.

Blue God -This one is mainlined. Oh I veg everything in bonsai pots (personal preference) and transplant 2 to 4 weeks before flowering. I've read a lot of people who don't like to mainline Indica dominant strains because <insert many reasons here>. I like to do it because I'd rather have 6 - 8 indica colas than 1. This plant has been and will continue to be a royal pain in the ass. It's a thick stocky thing. I actually split the main stalk in half. I knew better before I did it. But whatever. It's repaired and growing. The challenge with this is going to be managing the space between each cola. The side with 3? No problem. Oh that 3 node was stunted so I just cut it off earlier. The side with 4? Going to be fun. Every strain is different. I think that's one of the reasons this never gets old.
20201025 074927

Purple Mountain Majesty - This one is uh HST lol??? Definitely not low stress. It used to be a bonsai. But I had three bonsais of this strain. Just needed 1 so this one was tapped to give me buds. It went through a lot to get to this point. It was like the Squirt plant I showed you earlier, just not as old and with a LOT of branches more like in a bush format. Anyway it's been pruned, trained, bent, twisted, and here it is... finally. I'm just looking for 12 inches of flowering from each node.
20201025 074937

But yes the goal is to keep the tops on the same level so that the plant colas them all up. You gotta get some photo seeds... :) Some photo clones perform almost as fast as autos if you take them big enough and allow a great root structure to form (aero cloner) before you put them in the dirt.

This is the rest of my current veg. Lots going on.
20201025 075007

Yeah and the rooms are dirty. Its driving me nuts. New lights are here tomorrow so veg and flower inside are about to be switched. AND CLEANED DOWN. Gah! :))))

But at the end of the day... it's about the bud. Purple Mountain Majesty with a 60 day cure (not enough).
20201025 073501

Just take one step at a time. Autos are a great place to start and you're doing it. I recommend you grow out your first ones naturally. Don't worry about cutting anything until they pre flower. Then just trim the bottom 1/3 of the plant completely bare. And let it finish. Get a few successful grows under your belt so that you gain a deeper understanding of what you just did to yourself (hahhah). Then start reaching for the trippy shit.

Believe me, there are many many paths you can take to get to the final destination. The journey is the best part imo. The only "right way" is making sure your ph and ppms are right for the part of the grow you are in, your medium is straight, and your lights are putting out what they need to. But those are just like rules of the road. The road you decide to take, that's all up to you :)

Last edited:
WolfieLee

WolfieLee

We'll have to keep CLOSE tabs on the 4th sprout... it came up bent downward and the seed leaves and part of the stem got pinched: (

20201025 144749
20201025 144719

WolfieLee

WolfieLee

So. I will call this early. There are now four healthy sprouts. The first two are healthy seedlings so I turned off the lights for 6 hours today. When I turned the lights back on the pinched seedling perked right up! Fully one-third of the way to full germination.
20201025 184541
20201025 184605
20201025 184528
20201025 184434

WolfieLee

WolfieLee

Just take one step at a time. Autos are a great place to start and you're doing it. I recommend you grow out your first ones naturally. Don't worry about cutting anything until they pre flower

For sure! I will always take baby steps. This Grow was the largest leap yet. Only my Forth grow. The second grow INSIDE, and the last one actually never truly had a fully enclosed room, LOL. I intended to grow all outdoor plants (Autos, six of them) If you PM I can shoot you the link ) I got a good deal on the lights and moved indoors . I LSTed all of them and had harvested one early due to bud rot, and the Dark purple I show on page one, here. I always let the plant "Prune itself" and only gently pull the yellowing ones and if they don't fall off the plant I leave them. They always look like I ripped it up under the canopy but that's not the case. Those two had been through TWO dunkings of Mitey Wash for Spider Mites, and the rest of the Garden was about to get overtaken by a third wave of the rotten dirty pests. I was done anyway, my (NOW ex-Wife) had assured me it was over and that had taken the wind out of my sails and put a fear she would call the cops on me LOL... So I tore the room down and sent the plants to a Medical Legal MI grow house, but they never left Quarantine, he had to burn the remaining four plants from my third grow.

WolfieLee

WolfieLee

OK, found a framework for my hydro feeding schedule. This is for PHOTOPERIOD plants, so I will reduce these #s by roughly 66% and SLOWLY increase until The results look good for me. VERY slowly increasing, btw, very carefully. I hope to have the 10 Gallon RDWC 2-bucket (1 Grow site) set-up constructed before bedtime... Here we go... BOTH feet in the Water... but it MIGHT be tomorrow. One NEVER knows what snafu will arise during planning and execution. Ready set- go, one way or the other!

Gh flora exp dtw

WolfieLee

WolfieLee

A little excitement in the grow room. I took the humidity domes off the strong seedling sprouts and put them up closer to the light. I ended up wilting the two seedlings closest to the heater that way. Luckily I saved them both by watering and rearranging them in time, and leveling all the plants. Also added an extension cord so I could drop the Light low enough for all of them.

WolfieLee

WolfieLee

Apparently I have a lot to learn. I had three more plants Wilt overnight. No more Sprouts yet that leaves seven ungerminated seeds. The only thing I can think to do is try to Zone the temperatures which is what I will attempt. Also, I will replant the ruined seeds. I believe that was my fault I was too aggressive and packing the medium too tightly around the rockwool plugs, because those are the ones that did not germinate except for the one that came up all bent and pinched. Live and learn... sigh. Glad I bought extra seeds I'm going to have to get the colloidal silver out on this run, apparently. Or try running some from my bagseed collection and pop some clones, but only have on grow space... so basically I have to check and Hope the three that wilted are going to survive. I actually don't hold out a lot of Hope for two of them. The one that looks the best to me is the one that came out all bent at 1st and messed up looking it's looking the strongest of the ones that I wilted. Holding my breath we're going to see what happens.

WolfieLee

WolfieLee

Also should be posting the construction and completion of my 10-gallon RDWC build. I will use the strongest seedling for this... too much on my plate today for sure but I will sort it out.

WolfieLee

WolfieLee

Doing what I can do... Turned down the heater after leaving it off to lower the temp to 77, and bring it slowly up to no more than 85. Starting the construction phase of the DWC, as well. When I have "transplanted" the rock wool cube of the strongest Seedling over to the DWC, I will RE-Plant and be GENTLE about it... wish me better luck!
20201027 055642
20201027 055334
20201027 055452
20201027 055605

WolfieLee

WolfieLee

Good news. It looks as though at least two of the three that wilted will be surviving. So I should at least have six seeds for the next grow...maybe 7 after replanting if no more germinate at this point.

WolfieLee

WolfieLee

I'm not really sure? I recall it only being one word having to do with the potency of the cola Bud versus the rest of the buds on the plant. When you make all the buds level and therefore the top of the plant then every bud gets treated as the
Cola bud therefore maximizing your yield because that way every flower gets treated the same as the cola potecy as long as you can level them all out on the same horizontal plane. If "apical domiminance" means and or refers to that SPECIFIC process, then that is indeed the term I am looking for. It is what I am attempting to accomplish anyway...

JerryGarcia

JerryGarcia

I'm not really sure? I recall it only being one word having to do with the potency of the cola Bud versus the rest of the buds on the plant. When you make all the buds level and therefore the top of the plant then every bud gets treated as the
Cola bud therefore maximizing your yield because that way every flower gets treated the same as the cola potecy as long as you can level them all out on the same horizontal plane. If "apical domiminance" means and or refers to that SPECIFIC process, then that is indeed the term I am looking for. It is what I am attempting to accomplish anyway...

This sure sounds like apical dominance to me.

WolfieLee

WolfieLee

One strong one that didn't get wilted. One on the road to recovery and one pretty much completely recovered from wilting... and I'm afraid the other one is deader than a doornail but I'm not giving up all hope yet I'm going to let it go and see what happens... That's just how I roll.
20201027 190704
20201027 190722
20201027 190800

WolfieLee

WolfieLee

Did I mention I can be kind of rough on my plants? It seems like they all go through some little tiny bit of hell or another, anyway. I can be a little too rough on myself because I'm too much of a perfectionist so I never get what I set out to accomplish completely although my next grow room will be built into the house it will not be a tent... that will be the completion of my learning curve and I will have a two-room mother and automatic flowering room setup with some cloning shelves...

JerryGarcia

JerryGarcia

I think that your seedlings are dying/wilting due to lack of water. They only have a tap root at that stage, no lateral roots. You're giving them just a tiny little zone of moist soil to grow. Try saturating a larger area, and just wait longer until the next watering.

Top Bottom