Dense buds

• Thread starter Robustness
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
General wisdom, always up for re-definition, is that the reds, such as a HPS, is best for producing tight buds. Most people use them and far red LEDs to achieve this effect. There is also evidence that UVa and UVB can increase trichome production, so some finishing lights have a lot of blue in them as well as red. I've had the best results from using both, when possible and practical.
Too bright of lights can cause problems with loose buds, as can insufficient light levels. Like the 3 Bears, you need to find the light that is JUST right!

G

GanjaGoblin

1200 watt quantum board?
any cheapo light that has an “equivalent” is prob going to leave you disappointed

hps or cmh will do good too.
read the forums, majority of people asking about bud quality are growing with crappy blurples
which coincedentally put off alot of heat lmao.
heat also makes light wispy buds, things making sense?
crap azz blurple=lots of heat+shitty light spectrum = garbage weed> black market garbage= good in some peoples minds so they post about how their bud was good, but not as good as a hps/cmh/qb growers bud

H

Hdinkleman

hlgs are excellent qbs, they make them at 3000, 3500 or 4000k

i add uva with a kind led 28 watt micro spectrum flowering bar and i add uvb with a t5 bulb.

i run the uva with the normal light cycle and i use the uvb for approx 20 mins a day throughout flower. i definitely have more trichs this grow than last, they are so big and long i can pick them individually off with a pair of tweezers at day 35 flower

G

GanjaGoblin

hlgs are excellent qbs, they make them at 3000, 3500 or 4000k

i add uva with a kind led 28 watt micro spectrum flowering bar and i add uvb with a t5 bulb.

i run the uva with the normal light cycle and i use the uvb for approx 20 mins a day throughout flower. i definitely have more trichs this grow than last, they are so big and long i can pick them individually off with a pair of tweezers at day 35 flower
Good to know just made the switch

Latest posts

Top Bottom