Deps Take Longer To Flower?

• Thread starter maya42
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
maya42

maya42

I planted an indoor AND a dep and started flowering them at the same time. For some reason the indoor is waaaay in front of the dep. My question is.... is that normal? The outdoor stuff is super healthy, no signs of any issues and obviously into flower.
Deps take longer to flower
Deps take longer to flower 2

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

It looks to me as if you have some issues going on for sure. Are you tarping for 12 hours, or less. How many light leaks do you have?

maya42

maya42

Checked yesterday for light leaks. 7 to 7 for tarp hours. I have some og in the back that's showing flowers, just behind. What kind of issues do you see?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What size pots are the indoor plants vs the dep? My experience with potted plants is that the smaller the pot, the faster the onset of flowering and finishing flowering. I wonder if that could be the issue (along with light quality).

maya42

maya42

What size pots are the indoor plants vs the dep? My experience with potted plants is that the smaller the pot, the faster the onset of flowering and finishing flowering. I wonder if that could be the issue (along with light quality).

I think that's it seamaiden. The pots are 10 gal. The dep are beds. The light thing is a definite. I was chatting with a couple of long time growers am they said it's normal, even more so with using Gavitas.

maya42

maya42

Ok so I've been gone for a week and I hoped the dep would pick up pace while I was gone. No such luck. The plants are green, but a pale kinda green, not yellow but a different green, almost army green or not a vibrant green. Any ideas? Buds are super small

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

the plastic might not be stretched enough. Does it seem evenly sunny in the dep house? Its hard to tell the difference though so early. Bubba and OGs do their swelling later in the cycle I think 3 kings is related to bubba right?

SpiderK

SpiderK

your gone for a week ?

so someone else is doing the 12 / 12 's ( also, with you )...... ? if you are doing 12's outside ( total darkness like tent ) you would not have issues they would act as indoors do under 12's ...... it's not the sun. the sun is providing much better spectrum of light by far than gravita's.....

so your tarps are not cutting off the sun because of some issue. can you show pic's of outside the greenhouse and how your pulling those tarps. you must put them on 12's at the same time every day and pull them in a.m. at the same time every single day ( 70 days in a row .... ) , if you or your partner missed a day or pulled tarps 3 hours late would stunt the flowering process...... is your black tarp thick enough ? pull the tarp over at noon and check it then for light leaks or you will see the tarp allowing some sun because its not thick enough.

and how are you pulling fresh air into that greenhouse ( during sun and during dark period with tarps ) ? how many fans inside.... ? and those lights up top should never be used. your location should be getting 8-10 hours of sun then the a.m, p.m., dawn - dusk lighting as well. when did you start them outdoor from seed or clone ? what month ?

and how did you run those lights up top of greenhouse ? ( month / latitude / compensation time )

narrow everything down until you find the stress issue .....

Last edited:
maya42

maya42

your gone for a week ?

so someone else is doing the 12 / 12 's ( also, with you )...... ? if you are doing 12's outside ( total darkness like tent ) you would not have issues they would act as indoors do under 12's ...... it's not the sun. the sun is providing much better spectrum of light by far than gravita's.....

so your tarps are not cutting off the sun because of some issue. can you show pic's of outside the greenhouse and how your pulling those tarps. you must put them on 12's at the same time every day and pull them in a.m. at the same time every single day ( 70 days in a row .... ) , if you or your partner missed a day or pulled tarps 3 hours late would stunt the flowering process...... is your black tarp thick enough ? pull the tarp over at noon and check it then for light leaks or you will see the tarp allowing some sun because its not thick enough.

and how are you pulling fresh air into that greenhouse ( during sun and during dark period with tarps ) ? how many fans inside.... ? and those lights up top should never be used. your location should be getting 8-10 hours of sun then the a.m, p.m., dawn - dusk lighting as well. when did you start them outdoor from seed or clone ? what month ?

and how did you run those lights up top of greenhouse ? ( month / latitude / compensation time )

narrow everything down until you find the stress issue .....

Lol. You're the first person to comment on the lights. The lights are fine for the purpose of vegetative state, not vegetative growth . I'm sure light leaks weren't the issue. I am putting my eggs In The soil basket. I've had this happen before, as a matter of fact , last year. I posted about it somewhere on here. I'm thinking some sort of soil imbalance . I used bagged soil mixed into the existing beds and added grean bicycles. I never had it tested, ever. I think I'll do this. I like to watch a plants growth and behavior for issues but these plants looked super healthy the entire time. Raised leaves and a good color with no visible signs of issues. But the budding process was slow, real slow.

maya42

maya42

lol' ....

good luck with your thesis ....
If your referring to the lights, I've used them for numerous crops with no issues And there were no light leaks. Directly responding to your post, never do fresh air and have no issues, 8 plus hours of direct sunlight, same time everyday 7 to 7.light were on untill 1130 pm .I'm Sure it's the soil. I had the same development last year with a new batch of soil. It was an extention of a greenhouse. The old dirt and plants did normal, but the new stuff did the same thing as now.I'll get it tested and report back when I have results.

Top Bottom