Desiel 8th week of flower is it time to flush?

• Thread starter Jsimp342
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jsimp342

Hey everyone first grow desiel from growers choice, these babies have been in flower for almost 8 full weeks. Seeds said it’s a ten week flower. Should I start flushing now?
Leaves have been yellowing, trichomes seem clear too cloudy to amber lol little of everything hard to tell for my first grow..

77 degrees 50 rh exhaust running full time fan going inside also to push air around

Desiel 8th week of flower is it time to flush
Desiel 8th week of flower is it time to flush 2
Desiel 8th week of flower is it time to flush 3
Desiel 8th week of flower is it time to flush 4
Desiel 8th week of flower is it time to flush 5
Desiel 8th week of flower is it time to flush 6
Desiel 8th week of flower is it time to flush 7
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Hey everyone first grow desiel from growers choice, these babies have been in flower for almost 8 full weeks. Seeds said it’s a ten week flower. Should I start flushing now?
Leaves have been yellowing, trichomes seem clear too cloudy to amber lol little of everything hard to tell for my first grow..

77 degrees 50 rh exhaust running full time fan going inside also to push air around
More information is needed. What are you growing in? Are you feeding nutrients? What kind? How much? Things like that.

2Bad

2Bad

I flushed my first grow i'm going to attempt a no flush plant next round . I've heard flushing is alot of bro science.

steamroller

steamroller

I don't water to run off, but used only water for last week . I am FFOF and Coast of Maine soil and FF ferts .
I don't really consider it a flush like others do .
More a fast if it even counts for anything ?
Nice plants .

Choppr

Choppr

What do Trich's look like? those do not look ready to me, more bloom fert - (several weeks away possibly)

J

Jsimp342

What do Trich's look like? those do not look ready to me, more bloom fert - (several weeks away possibly)
I see some clear some cloudy even a few amber here and there, first grow so I’m going off pictures online of trichs To base it off of

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I'm looking closely at own Sour Diesel plants. Flowering for 59 days now, and pistols went brown on all four plants last week. Trichomes are mostly clear. Look at the lower and midheight buds. Do they still show white pistols and new growth?

At this point I'm in the bud fattening stage. Another 2 weeks and even the lower buds will be fat.

J

Jsimp342

I'm looking closely at own Sour Diesel plants. Flowering for 59 days now, and pistols went brown on all four plants last week. Trichomes are mostly clear. Look at the lower and midheight buds. Do they still show white pistols and new growth?

At this point I'm in the bud fattening stage. Another 2 weeks and even the lower buds will be fat.
Ok here’s some not so great but best I could get pics.. I think trichomes are pretty cloudy but I see a few clear ones here and there. pistols on bottom are a little more white but some brown to them for sure

I was worried about how much yellowing I have and leaves dying like crazy, thinking before harvest yellowing but maybe I had nute lockout. I think close enough to keep going with flush. Hoping anyways!

C68EF65A EE65 48C0 A50F 360C98737B7D
4A343579 DF1C 4A38 8622 E2EEC9E16264
432A4B07 5B0D 4F20 976F 7C4F448EC9CC
F0159F89 04DD 4CF4 B71B 1138E90AF9C0
9ECA40C4 12D2 429D A0D8 FC75A234E2BE
9F3E2386 F525 40B0 97B1 0CF96E07FBE5
B61EA936 DAF1 41DE ADDF 10482187AF1A
J

Jsimp342

I might have jumped the gun on the flush, few days into ninth week.. started flushing a week ago. I think maybe two more weeks. Is it ok to flush for 3 weeks ?

5A65C121 16CA 4BBB B5CA B6EF515DEE0A
F744FD7D 9391 4BA3 BE4F EEB9F4EF22E2
Bullybeans420

Bullybeans420

Yes start flushing

J

Jsimp342

Yes start flushing
I think they’re getting close.. thricomes are little of everything some clear a lot milky and definitely seeing a few amber color. Think it can push another week? Flush is just about two weeks now. Will I benefit anything from another week of flush? Or would it just make sense to cut down maybe even if a little early?

Wish I gave one more week of nutes before flush but oh well

57431B11 B903 470C AECC 721FD85C5928
D00B7384 0B9C 4C66 98B9 FE20AA38376E
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I think they’re getting close.. thricomes are little of everything some clear a lot milky and definitely seeing a few amber color. Think it can push another week? Flush is just about two weeks now. Will I benefit anything from another week of flush? Or would it just make sense to cut down maybe even if a little early?

Wish I gave one more week of nutes before flush but oh well
My Sour Diesels are finishing week 9 in flower, and they are definitely further along than yours. The white pistils pretty much stopped on the tops of all the buds, except perhaps some buried in the canopy. After that the calyxes have been fattening up, and the buds - especially lower ones - have really been getting fatter.

You can of course test your crop. Cut off a nice bud, let it air dry for a day or two, then try it. It won't be cured and tasty, but you can judge the high from it just fine. My samples were quite strong, and I've decided to harvest on Sunday, perhaps Monday. I flipped the lights on Feb 15. Trichomes do not show hardly any amber on mine, but they have changed from mostly very clear to mostly very cloudy. (Perfect).

I'm not quite flushing. I'm doing drain-to-waste from a 30 gallon reservoir, and when I decided to harvest soon I had just refilled it. So instead of dumping all that, I'm just adding a bucket of RO water each day to dilute the nutes down. Started at EC 1.0, now down to 400 or so. No significant yellowing seen in any leaves yet, but I went very 'bushy' on this crop, and I have a lot of leaf mass to buffer nute changes. Top leaves have been darkening and turning purple a bit lately.

J

Jsimp342

My Sour Diesels are finishing week 9 in flower, and they are definitely further along than yours. The white pistils pretty much stopped on the tops of all the buds, except perhaps some buried in the canopy. After that the calyxes have been fattening up, and the buds - especially lower ones - have really been getting fatter.

You can of course test your crop. Cut off a nice bud, let it air dry for a day or two, then try it. It won't be cured and tasty, but you can judge the high from it just fine. My samples were quite strong, and I've decided to harvest on Sunday, perhaps Monday. I flipped the lights on Feb 15. Trichomes do not show hardly any amber on mine, but they have changed from mostly very clear to mostly very cloudy. (Perfect).

I'm not quite flushing. I'm doing drain-to-waste from a 30 gallon reservoir, and when I decided to harvest soon I had just refilled it. So instead of dumping all that, I'm just adding a bucket of RO water each day to dilute the nutes down. Started at EC 1.0, now down to 400 or so. No significant yellowing seen in any leaves yet, but I went very 'bushy' on this crop, and I have a lot of leaf mass to buffer nute changes. Top leaves have been darkening and turning purple a bit lately.
So I got really looking today and there is a good amount of amber thricomes, maybe even close to 20 or 30%!!

I let the plants dry out a bit this weekend by accident.. left plant got more dry than right plant) and I just watered them before I looked at thricomes…

Should I cut them now while stressed or wait three-four more days to dry out again and get stressed

week ten of flower and been flushing for two weeks now.

any advice greatly appreciated!

42C15E4E 31F6 4CE1 9048 7BA0B0AEE26D
8E5B18D3 CDF8 459A 96A8 2DC261AE1994
780ED3AA 4FC6 4AF6 A1D5 173BB0EEDA5F
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Flushing is bro-science.

I taper down to little to no feed (plant depending) but I don't flush. My definition of a flush is pouring an over-abundance of water through the soil with the idea of washing out salts and fertilizer build-up. The flaw in that idea is the PLANT STILL REQUIRES SOME NUTRIENTS right up until harvest. You can actually slow your finish down if it's mis-timed,. Start tapering down on nutes if you haven't already. Plain water the last week or so prior to harvest is fine. A full fledged flush isn't doing anything to help you, and it can actually hurt you done too soon. How do I know? I've done it ... I'm a graduate from the school of hard knocks. lol

Cypress66

Cypress66

Flushing is bro-science.

I taper down to little to no feed (plant depending) but I don't flush. My definition of a flush is pouring an over-abundance of water through the soil with the idea of washing out salts and fertilizer build-up. The flaw in that idea is the PLANT STILL REQUIRES SOME NUTRIENTS right up until harvest. You can actually slow your finish down if it's mis-timed,. Start tapering down on nutes if you haven't already. Plain water the last week or so prior to harvest is fine. A full fledged flush isn't doing anything to help you, and it can actually hurt you done too soon. How do I know? I've done it ... I'm a graduate from the school of hard kno

Cypress66

Cypress66

100% agree I have dialled every thing down on the last two garden and the other side of things are for a lot of the last ten years of the other garde ns i always flused for the last two weeks and to be honest I was told that is the way aquaman @ and many more people who are on the farm have my upmost respect for teaching me different ways not on just that many more things that I have been listening to have been a lot of help to the way that I am farming in the cost and many other things that I was told the last garden of mine was only given plain water for the last two days and the taste and the quality is the same as the other ones that have been flushed bro science is the way to describe it imo peace☝☝✌

J

Jsimp342

100% agree I have dialled every thing down on the last two garden and the other side of things are for a lot of the last ten years of the other garde ns i always flused for the last two weeks and to be honest I was told that is the way aquaman @ and many more people who are on the farm have my upmost respect for teaching me different ways not on just that many more things that I have been listening to have been a lot of help to the way that I am farming in the cost and many other things that I was told the last garden of mine was only given plain water for the last two days and the taste and the quality is the same as the other ones that have been flushed bro science is the way to describe it imo peace☝☝✌
I ended up giving one more plain water and going dark for 36 hrs so I will end up cutting right before lights would turn on.. they look great to me! Btw I guess I didn’t technically flush I just went plain drilled well water for two weeks just like I would usually water. I think the natural well water helped pump them up still

A86CC80D EA63 4184 BD75 A9588DDC2745
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I ended up giving one more plain water and going dark for 36 hrs so I will end up cutting right before lights would turn on.. they look great to me! Btw I guess I didn’t technically flush I just went plain drilled well water for two weeks just like I would usually water. I think the natural well water helped pump them up still
There's nothing wrong with what you did. It becomes a problem when someone decides a "flush" means running 25 gallons through a 5 gallon pot every 2-3 days for the last 2 weeks.

Don't laugh, you'd be surprised what some well meaning knuckleheads have done.

Cypress66

Cypress66

Beautiful and many buds makes a gardener feel proud of himself and he is entitled to be looking sweet peace✌✌

Latest posts

Top Bottom