Design advanced extraction... any engineers? šŸ˜…

• Thread starter VinnieV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VinnieV

VinnieV

Hello folks!

So Iā€™m taking on a slightly bigger space - two F rooms and a V room. Iā€™m looking to have all three spaces vent through 8ā€ ducting, a carbon filter, corona discharge ozone then vented outside. For safety I want to vent this above the roof of my building - 12 meters from ground level. basically this me be a bit outside my skill set! So Iā€™m wondering if anyone has any resources for calculations etc that take into consideration bends, length of run etc.

The rooms are 4m x 4.5m

the fans are Q-Max 8ā€ - 1120m3/h and will likely never be run above 50-60%.

as far as bends go for the one pipe (10ā€? 12ā€? Bigger?) that is external and carrying to the roof, there will be:

a 90 degree bend going up 2 meters
a 45 degree bend going 4/5 meters
Another 45 degree bend taking it straight up again where it will go around 6/7 meters until it terminates. Likely with a roof cowl.

im hoping I can get pointed in any direction that takes my head out my hands...

Dbear180

Dbear180

If I remember correctly, for an ozone treatment to work the air needs to be static & treated in the space & then evacuated after a 15-20 min treatment. Think it had to do with the ozone bonding with the stinky air to neutralize it.

Fans pull better than push, run your end fan 100% of the time as your work horse & then dial in your other fans so they aren't working so hard to push the air out. Also use metal ducting not slinky ducting. The metal is smooth inside & will create less turbulence in your air flow. A 90 cuts your flow by at least 30% so have a boost fan after any major bends to speed the air back up.

VinnieV

VinnieV

If I remember correctly, for an ozone treatment to work the air needs to be static & treated in the space & then evacuated after a 15-20 min treatment. Think it had to do with the ozone bonding with the stinky air to neutralize it.

Fans pull better than push, run your end fan 100% of the time as your work horse & then dial in your other fans so they aren't working so hard to push the air out. Also use metal ducting not slinky ducting. The metal is smooth inside & will create less turbulence in your air flow. A 90 cuts your flow by at least 30% so have a boost fan after any major bends to speed the air back up.
I think youā€™d be right about the 15-20mins - I have noticed a good reduction in runs of 20m+.
thatā€™s a great idea with a fan at exhaust pipe pulling. Iā€™ll add that into the design before the final straight length that exhausts to the roof.
Much appreciated!

Latest posts

Top Bottom