• Thread starter Trentski420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trentski420

Trentski420

Diagnosis excess or deficiency
Diagnosis excess or deficiency 2
Diagnosis excess or deficiency 3
hi all so it's only my 2nd grow a diagnosis would help in my eyes appears to be calcium def. Now I know that excesses can cause def in other nutes and vice versa I feel if anything I might be slightly over feeding but possible not.. what are the excesses that would cause such def? Given it is what "you" think it is? If It was calcium def?
Hope the pic is good enough prob should have shut the fan off

Trentski420

Trentski420

Oh yes on another note this plant is the 1 out of a 7 that I didn't do a single mid flower flush followed by a light nute solution .. which I am doing right now so hopefully this helps

hermit186

hermit186

Pictures of the whole plant would help but need a lot of information You have not provided.
That could be a ph problem. You need to tell us when what and how. Particular kind and quanities of nutrients.
What are you growing in and what strain of weed and lights how much and what kind.
I will tell you you got a problem with dead roots and is the start of what is showing need to add an enzyme to deal with that. You are on the edge of chasing your tail. I see three things and they are all related to nutrient lock out because of PH.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
View attachment 671757 View attachment 671758 View attachment 671759hi all so it's only my 2nd grow a diagnosis would help in my eyes appears to be calcium def. Now I know that excesses can cause def in other nutes and vice versa I feel if anything I might be slightly over feeding but possible not.. what are the excesses that would cause such def? Given it is what "you" think it is? If It was calcium def?
Medium? Ph?
Excess starts on the edge.. deficiency starts in the middle a lot of the time.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Looks like tip burn from too much salts and now the calcium is being locked out.

You gave the answer in your posts. Run some fresh water through and give lighter nutes to avoid further deficiency. Then patience. The hard part. ;-)

Trentski420

Trentski420

Looks like tip burn from too much salts and now the calcium is being locked out.

You gave the answer in your posts. Run some fresh water through and give lighter nutes to avoid further deficiency. Then patience. The hard part. ;-)
Thx a lot man that's twice now you've answered me EXACTLY what I was looking for when everyone else failed too do so... I cannot see my ph being off how would I check that? If I put thru at 5.8 what would run off come out if it was perfect 6.7??

Trentski420

Trentski420

I was doing some research everyone says the tips burning (yellow orangish burns at least) are general nute burn... After doing research it seems it basically is an excess of phosphorus or patassium... That's a hell of a lot more narrowed down than "nute burn"

Trentski420

Trentski420

Sorry to post 5 replies lol but this is my 2nd grow the first time I had this same problem but to much larger degree and i also clearly came to the conclusion that I had overfed them that grow so the calcium def caused by the excess is surely my issue I did come to this conclusion but it's good to be confident .. Cervantes helped get me to the conclusion

Reading over it again the thin blades I've noticed on that plant as well...

Some please explain intervenal chlorosis?

Trentski420

Trentski420

I believe this stuff gives me the issue
The coco+perlite get about 25% recommended dosage while the coco+perlite+ peat moss get about 50% recommended... The plants in question is one with peat moss (50% strength)

Does this stuff contain PGRs? From what I understand everything in my nute line is organic EXCEPT for this booster (of which I own) I believe with Grotek it's mostly organic EXCEPT monster bloom, monster grow, and I believe blossom blaster

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I believe this stuff gives me the issue View attachment 673745The coco+perlite get about 25% recommended dosage while the coco+perlite+ peat moss get about 50% recommended... The plants in question is one with peat moss (50% strength)

Does this stuff contain PGRs? From what I understand everything in my nute line is organic EXCEPT for this booster (of which I own) I believe with Grotek it's mostly organic EXCEPT monster bloom, monster grow, and I believe blossom blaster
Thats great stuff i highly recommend. ..but i can almost guarantee youre using too much... i like to pre dilute that stuff first.

Trentski420

Trentski420

IMG 0735
Ya for sure your definetely right on that lol my biggest issue is I've been told and read time and time again that these were roughly the correct numbers...

So I believe it's taken from hightimes.com WHAT MEDIUM ARE THEY REFERRING TOO!? In my mind these are correct numbers for a PEAT MOSS+PERLITE+COCO grow and COCO+PERLITE (no peat) is the medium that feeds daily always below 500ppm... Now I have half n half 4 WITH PEAT and 3 WITHOUT PEAT so I'm feeding the PEATS 50% strength every 3-4 days and the COCO+PERLITES 1-2 days at 25% strength... I'm starting to think that
Used such a small amount of peat that I'm basically left with a slower absorbing (newb friendly) version of COCO+PERLITE (this is basically what I was taught;my words not his)

P

Pot Boy

Excess....Lay back on the bloom nutes just give the ladies plain PH'd water the next few watering s...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thx a lot man that's twice now you've answered me EXACTLY what I was looking for when everyone else failed too do so... I cannot see my ph being off how would I check that? If I put thru at 5.8 what would run off come out if it was perfect 6.7??

Please remind me what medium is in your pots and really we need to know if your water is hard or soft etc.

But the lime or oyster shell is the calcium in the potting mix. It is there to buffer the acidic peat and keep the ph in check. Most water will not change that. I do not adjust the ph of my well water. It reads 8.0 with the general hydroponics test drops. But it is relatively soft and doesn't affect the medium.

Almost no potting mix type plant problem post is really ph caused or cal or mag fixable. Even though 9 out of 10 people post it is. Hell. Cal Mag plus only exists because Botanicare didn't put enough minerals in their supposedly complete feed for ro water. You don't need it with most nute programs even for hydro with ro water.

It is usually over watering or over or under fertilizing. Or both many times.

I hope this helps.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

And now re reading all the responses the issue may just be too much PK like everyone says. Same solution. Clear water only then put back a more balanced ratio nute at a lower strength solution.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
View attachment 671757 View attachment 671758 View attachment 671759hi all so it's only my 2nd grow a diagnosis would help in my eyes appears to be calcium def. Now I know that excesses can cause def in other nutes and vice versa I feel if anything I might be slightly over feeding but possible not.. what are the excesses that would cause such def? Given it is what "you" think it is? If It was calcium def?
Take a picture of the main stem also

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

I concur as tip burn is typical sign of over fertilization.

Trentski420

Trentski420

Medium:
Coco + perlite 50/50 (3 plants)
AND
Coco + perlite + peat moss 30/30/30 (4 plants * THE 1 IN PIC *)

Using RO water (20ppm).. comes from tap does RO effect whether the water is hard or soft or does the filtration not change this?

I'm growing multiple strains (I know not a good idea especially for beginner). So I'm only going to be running plain PH water on the 2 showing this deficiency OR should I just do so on every plant UNLESS tip burn is not an issue? Can no explain the 1000-1600ppm general guidelines from the screenshot above?

Latest posts

Top Bottom