Dialing in drip feed system in coco

• Thread starter rockcube69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rockcube69

rockcube69

Quick question, about drip feeding times, I’m currently dripping till runoff 1 hour after lights on, it takes about 5 mins to get a run off. Should I add a another 3-5 mins feed 6 hours after the first feeding? I know coco every watering needs 10-15% run off, Or split to 5 feeds a day 1-2 mins each? I heard people dripping 3-5 times a day 30 seconds? I feel like they wouldn’t achieve run off at every watering at 30 seconds. Any advice guys?

rockcube69

rockcube69

Pretty much I’m tired to divide instead of one big 5 min feed, To multiple feeds thru out the day

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
What size pots are you using??

I just add watering events as the plants get bigger. I have a few tents but most are 20-25 seconds until runoff. I know I have to add time or possibly another watering if the runoff is decreasing after a week or two. Sometimes I will add 5 sec to each event instead of adding a new one. My veg plants get up to 4x a day on a 9/3 light cycle. Flowering plants 3x a day but I just added a 4th in the last week to help flush.

This is my first crack at auto watering so lots of trial and error happening. I don't try for 20% runoff every watering just the daily total. I never water during dark so that first one of the day usually doesn't runoff much. Its the subsequent feedings that start pushing more and more through as the medium has then become saturated.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Here’s how I do it. I built my own auto watering setup and feed by time. 3gal fabric pots. I start my flower run with 3 evenly spaced events per day, to runoff. I monitor the EC of the runoff. When the runoff EC rises above the input EC, I add another event and evenly space them again. When I notice that the first even of the day doesn’t get any runoff, usually around week 3, I add an event in the middle of the dark cycle. About half the duration as a light on event. This is just to keep the coco moist and prevent salt buildup. In full bloom I’m running 5-6 events per day. The trick is to keep the coco as consistently moist as you can. This type of growing is basically hydro with some safe guards. So if you’re not watering, they’re not eating.

This is some Lithium OG Kush I just harvested last week.

rockcube69

rockcube69

Im using 3 gal pots with coco and perlite, I was in a 4 inch cube then transplant to 3 gal for flower to harvest, If I split my water feeds up does It sometimes mean I’m using more water than before? My 55 gal res only seems to last me 3-4 max

mikeross

mikeross

I know coco every watering needs 10-15% run off, Or split to 5 feeds a day 1-2 mins each? I heard people dripping 3-5 times a day 30 seconds? I feel like they wouldn’t achieve run off at every watering at 30 seconds. Any advice guys?

I grow in pure coco with nothing cut in, small pots fed multiple times per day with a low EC. I've found that I only need runoff at my last watering per day. I like to give a heavy feed at the start of the day, followed by a few lighter volume feeds and ending with a heavy feed for last feeding.

For instance:
1st watering 1minute
2nd-4th watering 40seconds
Last watering 1minute

This is an awesome timer. It allows you to really dial in multiple different feeds for whatever duration you like. What I like best about it is its really cheap, been very reliable and it has 2 separate outlets that can be programed on different schedules. I have 1 plug hooked up to my feed pump and the second outlet hooked up to circulation pump set to come on 20mins before my feed pump kicks on.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087Q7JNJ...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Enforcer

Enforcer

I grow in pure coco with nothing cut in, small pots fed multiple times per day with a low EC. I've found that I only need runoff at my last watering per day. I like to give a heavy feed at the start of the day, followed by a few lighter volume feeds and ending with a heavy feed for last feeding.

For instance:
1st watering 1minute
2nd-4th watering 40seconds
Last watering 1minute

This is an awesome timer. It allows you to really dial in multiple different feeds for whatever duration you like. What I like best about it is its really cheap, been very reliable and it has 2 separate outlets that can be programed on different schedules. I have 1 plug hooked up to my feed pump and the second outlet hooked up to circulation pump set to come on 20mins before my feed pump kicks on.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087Q7JNJ...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
18 on/off programs and down to the second!! My current timer only has 8 programs and minute minimum. Just picked up the 2 pack. Thanks bro.

Top Bottom