Diamond Density nutrient for flower and PGRs

• Thread starter needshelpguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
is a unique Bio-Stimulant, thanks to a high concentration of algae. This is a high quality concentrate of trace elements, amino acids, vitamins and plant hormones. (probably kelp is the algae, is my guess).

All something I'm already doing, so no thanks. I actually been putting a good heaping tbsp of kelp per gallon and ferment it, In vitro, during veg into early flower. I do believe kelp is a big key to the overall puzzle, that shouldn't be overlooked.
Algae

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

Thanks for the info guys I'm gonna stop using it, I only used it for 2 feeds so surely it'll be flushed by the time flowering finishes?
If it has Paco that is all it takes for the stuff to get into the plant. Bad shit. Trust me if it has Paco you can tell by the buds. You will have bid old giant snowballs on top of the buds

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Only info I can find,
Diamond Density rapid flower & hardener packs on weight and speeds up the onset of flowering. Formally OG Rapid, this living legend has had a re-brand.

One of the questions we get asked in our shop is 'Whatever happened to Superbud?' Well as it is not around anymore, many people were looking for a Superbud replacement.. and here it is. This product works in a very similar way to the old Superbud. However, this product does not contain any banned substances.

Diamond Density is a powerful flowering stimulant that can be used to:

1 - Force a rapid onset of flowering when used in week one of the flowering cycle.

or

2 - Increase weight and density when used in weeks 6-7 of the flowering cycle.

or

3 - BOTH!

marketing finally got me hahah, used to not feed any additives or anything when i was in soil, but you seem to get deficiency's if you dont use the whole range this was just a random add on hahah,
The more you know, teach me to do some research before jumping the gun...
That's essentially the problem in hydro in a nutshell, if you ask me. Hardly nobody has created a system that has all the elements needed, but with none of the $$$ milking that goes along with it, it's always, always an "add on" solution; I think the history behind all this is twofold.

For one, salts need to be naturally kept separated and added in order, to ensure no inactivation occurs. When these substances aren't mixed correctly, or in the correct per potions bad things occur. Precipitation is always a real enemy in these kinds of endeavors.

The second is marketing. If they can divide it all up, they can conquer anyone/everyone using there products, cause you will always service them. Needing that "one more thing" to take it too the next level. It's all a marketing exercise, and using knowledge as leverage to liberate dollars.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

If it has Paco that is all it takes for the stuff to get into the plant. Bad shit. Trust me if it has Paco you can tell by the buds. You will have bid old giant snowballs on top of the buds
What you mean by big snowballs?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Is this considered PGRs?
I would say no. I know I said yes before, but it depends on how your think of PGR's. In the common usage of the word, I would say no. (PGR's are generally considered synthetic) IMO, generally speaking the term.

The most common PGRs used for cannabis cultivation are:
ie.
  • Paclobutrazol
  • Daminozide (Alar)
  • Chlormequat Chloride
The above seem bad, very bad IMO. Just at a glance anyhow. Anything that's got quat in the name, I generally stay away from. (kumquat, gets a pass).

All plants have Plant Growth Regulators, but naturally derived, (we call them hormones) and can guide the developmental process. ie. Signal molecules. Auxins, gibberellins (GA), abscisic acid (ABA), cytokinins (CK), salicylic acid (SA), ethylene (ET), jasmonates (JA), brassinosteroids (BR), and peptides. All natural, so all good IMO, and can be used as leverage during any stages of development safely.

To be sure, these are my opinions; and I'm going to stand on just that. I don't claim to be a licensed phytologist. (whatever that entails).

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Here's my long winded (but abbreviated) thoughts on this subject; šŸ„ø This is a fascinating subject for me. So here goes.

I guess what I'm trying to articulate is this; Plant growth regulators (hormones) are all dangerous chemicals, and should be handled with care, especially in any concentrated forms. For instance, Lets just take a look at the ones I have my cupboard, for instance. The one I don't have up here is ethylene, but I'll touch on that one also.
IMG 20211015 160058441

So Salicylic acid; dangerous stuff, can cause blindness, can cause chemical burns. It is a precursor to and a metabolite of aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid). It is a plant hormone. It's also used for face peels, and is generally considered safe for human use at lower solution levels. Latin salix for willow tree. It is an ingredient in some anti-acne products. Salts and esters of salicylic acid are known as salicylates.

Although we don't always think of them as such;

Fulvic acid is the main constituent of all Plant Growth regulators (PGR). Fulvic is popular due to its power full electrolytic property. It maintains very good water & salt balance in crop. This balance improves the rate of photosynthesis. They are similar to humic acids, with differences being their carbon and oxygen contents, acidity (pKa value), degree of polymerization, molecular weight, and color. Fulvic acids are produced by microbial degradation of plant matter in a soil with sufficient oxygen. Fulvic and humic acids are extracted at high pH by treating soil humus with a solution of NaOH. Their dissolution is favored by the dissociation and the ionization of their carboxylic and phenolic groups at high pH. The insoluble fraction of humus remaining after its leaching by NaOH is humin. After alkaline extraction, fulvic and humic acids are then separated by further acidification

Glibberic Acid aka (3S,3aS,4S,4aS,7S,9aR,9bR,12S)-7,12-Dihydroxy-3-methyl-6-methylene-2-oxoperhydro-4a,7-methano-9b,3-propenoazuleno[1,2-b]furan-4-carboxylic acid; (it's long name). GA is widely used in the barley malting industry. A GA solution is sprayed on the barley after the steeping process is completed. This stimulates growth in otherwise partly dormant kernels and produces a uniform and rapid growth. GA stimulates the cells of germinating seeds to produce mRNA molecules that code for hydrolytic enzymes. (important stuff) Gibberellic acid is a very potent hormone. Since GA regulates growth, applications of very low concentrations can have a profound effect while too much will have the opposite effect. It is usually used in concentrations between 0.01 and 10 mg/L.

This is an important group IMO.

Auxin; aka Indole-3-acetic acid (IAA) is the most abundant and the basic auxin natively occurring and functioning in plants. When a plant cell comes into contact with auxin, it causes dramatic changes in gene expression, with many genes up- or down-regulated. It generates the majority of auxin effects in intact plants, and is the most potent native auxin. There are four more endogenously synthesized auxins in plants. All auxins are compounds with aromatic ring and a carboxylic acid group. Auxins typically act in concert with, or in opposition to, other plant hormones. For example, the ratio of auxin to cytokinin in certain plant tissues determines initiation of root versus shoot buds.

On the cellular level, auxin is essential for cell growth, affecting both cell division and cellular expansion. Auxin concentration level, together with other local factors, contributes to cell differentiation and specification of the cell fate. Depending on the specific tissue, auxin may promote axial elongation (as in shoots), lateral expansion (as in root swelling), or iso-diametric expansion (as in fruit growth). In some cases (coleoptile growth), auxin-promoted cellular expansion occurs in the absence of cell division.

Auxin participates in phototropism, geotropism, hydrotropism and other developmental changes. The uneven distribution of auxin, due to environmental cues, such as unidirectional light or gravity force, results in uneven plant tissue growth, and generally, auxin governs the form and shape of the plant body, direction and strength of growth of all organs, and their mutual interaction.

Ethelene is a colorless flammable gas with a faint "sweet and musky" odor when pure. It is the simplest alkene. Ethylene is widely used in the chemical industry, and its worldwide production exceeds that of any other organic compound. Major industrial reactions of ethylene include in order of scale: 1) polymerization, 2) oxidation, 3) halogenation and hydrohalogenation, 4) alkylation, 5) hydration, 6) oligomerization, and 7) hydroformylation. The hydrate of ethylene is ethanol. (grain alcohol, or ETOH).

So you can see, all dangerous stuff, but "tolerated" by organisms, even necessary. It's the dosage/concentration that's key here. Not necessarily the prescience or absence thereof. For instance; some people drink copious amounts of ethanol, but it doesn't kill them. It inebriates them.
68F09 inebriate
That's not to say toxic metabolites aren't produced, it's just that your body is capable of clearing them effectively.
The pathway of ethanol metabolism Ethanol is metabolized into acetaldehyde by alcohol

Some of those "synthetic" PGR's lead down the road of tumor formation, so I would steer clear of them. However, the more "natural" assault on your body has been going on since before you were born, (perhaps millions of yearrs) So you body has appropriate mechanisms in place to deal with these biological "challenges" šŸ˜‚ Or trouble makers. If you want to call them that.

Last edited:
needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Here's my long winded (but abbreviated) thoughts on this subject; šŸ„ø This is a fascinating subject for me. So here goes.

I guess what I'm trying to articulate is this; Plant growth regulators (hormones) are all dangerous chemicals, and should be handled with care, especially in any concentrated forms. For instance, Lets just take a look at the ones I have my cupboard, for instance. The one I don't have up here is ethylene, but I'll touch on that one also.View attachment 1179144

So Salicylic acid; dangerous stuff, can cause blindness, can cause chemical burns. It is a precursor to and a metabolite of aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid). It is a plant hormone. It's also used for face peels, and is generally considered safe for human use at lower solution levels. Latin salix for willow tree. It is an ingredient in some anti-acne products. Salts and esters of salicylic acid are known as salicylates.

Although we don't always think of them as such;

Fulvic acid is the main constituent of all Plant Growth regulators (PGR). Fulvic is popular due to its power full electrolytic property. It maintains very good water & salt balance in crop. This balance improves the rate of photosynthesis. They are similar to humic acids, with differences being their carbon and oxygen contents, acidity (pKa value), degree of polymerization, molecular weight, and color. Fulvic acids are produced by microbial degradation of plant matter in a soil with sufficient oxygen. Fulvic and humic acids are extracted at high pH by treating soil humus with a solution of NaOH. Their dissolution is favored by the dissociation and the ionization of their carboxylic and phenolic groups at high pH. The insoluble fraction of humus remaining after its leaching by NaOH is humin. After alkaline extraction, fulvic and humic acids are then separated by further acidification

Glibberic Acid aka (3S,3aS,4S,4aS,7S,9aR,9bR,12S)-7,12-Dihydroxy-3-methyl-6-methylene-2-oxoperhydro-4a,7-methano-9b,3-propenoazuleno[1,2-b]furan-4-carboxylic acid; (it's long name). GA is widely used in the barley malting industry. A GA solution is sprayed on the barley after the steeping process is completed. This stimulates growth in otherwise partly dormant kernels and produces a uniform and rapid growth. GA stimulates the cells of germinating seeds to produce mRNA molecules that code for hydrolytic enzymes. (important stuff) Gibberellic acid is a very potent hormone. Since GA regulates growth, applications of very low concentrations can have a profound effect while too much will have the opposite effect. It is usually used in concentrations between 0.01 and 10 mg/L.

This is an important group IMO.

Auxin; aka Indole-3-acetic acid (IAA) is the most abundant and the basic auxin natively occurring and functioning in plants. When a plant cell comes into contact with auxin, it causes dramatic changes in gene expression, with many genes up- or down-regulated. It generates the majority of auxin effects in intact plants, and is the most potent native auxin. There are four more endogenously synthesized auxins in plants. All auxins are compounds with aromatic ring and a carboxylic acid group. Auxins typically act in concert with, or in opposition to, other plant hormones. For example, the ratio of auxin to cytokinin in certain plant tissues determines initiation of root versus shoot buds.

On the cellular level, auxin is essential for cell growth, affecting both cell division and cellular expansion. Auxin concentration level, together with other local factors, contributes to cell differentiation and specification of the cell fate. Depending on the specific tissue, auxin may promote axial elongation (as in shoots), lateral expansion (as in root swelling), or iso-diametric expansion (as in fruit growth). In some cases (coleoptile growth), auxin-promoted cellular expansion occurs in the absence of cell division.

Auxin participates in phototropism, geotropism, hydrotropism and other developmental changes. The uneven distribution of auxin, due to environmental cues, such as unidirectional light or gravity force, results in uneven plant tissue growth, and generally, auxin governs the form and shape of the plant body, direction and strength of growth of all organs, and their mutual interaction.

Ethelene is a colorless flammable gas with a faint "sweet and musky" odor when pure. It is the simplest alkene. Ethylene is widely used in the chemical industry, and its worldwide production exceeds that of any other organic compound. Major industrial reactions of ethylene include in order of scale: 1) polymerization, 2) oxidation, 3) halogenation and hydrohalogenation, 4) alkylation, 5) hydration, 6) oligomerization, and 7) hydroformylation. The hydrate of ethylene is ethanol. (grain alcohol, or ETOH).

So you can see, all dangerous stuff, but "tolerated" by organisms, even necessary. It's the dosage/concentration that's key here. Not necessarily the prescience or absence thereof. For instance; some people drink copious amounts of ethanol, but it doesn't kill them. It inebriates them. View attachment 1179151 That's not to say toxic metabolites aren't produced, it's just that your body is capable of clearing them effectively.
View attachment 1179150

Some of those "synthetic" PGR's lead down the road of tumor formation, so I would steer clear of them. However, the more "natural" assault on your body has been going on since before you were born, (perhaps millions of yearrs) So you body has appropriate mechanisms in place to deal with these biological "challenges" šŸ˜‚ Or trouble makers. If you want to call them that.
Thanks for the info

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

How can I change the name of the thread to PGRs? Quite an interesting subject it would be interesting to know how many people use them unknowingly, or if people have any rebuttals to the info generally found online, are weed manufacturers allowed to use PGRs?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How can I change the name of the thread to PGRs? Quite an interesting subject it would be interesting to know how many people use them unknowingly, or if people have any rebuttals to the info generally found online, are weed manufacturers allowed to use PGRs?
I can do that for ya.

Top Bottom