Did I manage to stunt my seedlings? And what went wrong?

• Thread starter Rudlow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rudlow

Rudlow

Hello, first time grower here, watched many videos and read many guides, but on my first try I think my seedlings (2-3 days in) got stunted. And I have few theories as of why, but not sure. Want to find out more before placing 2nd batch of seeds in.
I will try to describe my situation as best I can. I germinated my seeds with a wet paper towel method between 2 plates on a heat pad. Everything went smoothly and all seeds had a 1/4" tap root within 2 or 3 days. Then I planted them into 3" paper containers with FoxFarms Ocean Forest potting soil with extra perlite mixed in. UP until this point everything was fine. I had pots covered with plastic bags (see picture) and plants shoot up, again, fairly quickly (I want to say 2 days, maybe less). I did not remove plastic bags right away, maybe 24hrs after they sprouted (I noticed something wasn't right at that point), so I removed plastic bags (pots were still on a heating pad), then a day later I turned off heating pad. I also ran my 100W led light 24/7 during sprouting, later switched to 18/6.
Those are basically all the steps I took, maybe you see something wrong in this chain of action, or maybe you can tell me something from the pictures. I am afraid to plant new seeds, since they are quite expensive without knowing what I did wrong. Seeds were feminized photoperiod Blueberry OG and feminized photoperiod Critical Kush.

Anyway after very quick progress in the first few days it seems that they stopped growing. And I think leaves do not look healthy. I also add a log of my temp and humidity.

Thank You.

sorry for the focused background in pictures lol

Did i manage to stunt my seedlings and what went wrong
Did i manage to stunt my seedlings and what went wrong 2
Did i manage to stunt my seedlings and what went wrong 3
Did i manage to stunt my seedlings and what went wrong 4
Did i manage to stunt my seedlings and what went wrong 5
Did i manage to stunt my seedlings and what went wrong 6
Did i manage to stunt my seedlings and what went wrong 7
Did i manage to stunt my seedlings and what went wrong 8
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Agree w/ above; Also don't overdo it on the light seedlings don't need much and some of them look like they're trying to bend away from it a little bit

Plants grow roots below the soil first for up to several weeks before they start growing above the soil, so be patient good luck

Rudlow

Rudlow

Hello, just a quick update. My critical kush plants are growing nicely, but I had to throw away blueberry OG's, cause they were simply not growing. So the plants appear to be healthy, green and happy, but they are pretty short. They are very thick, where leaves are just growing into other leaves (see pictures). I was expecting them to grow taller and wider. Did I do smth wrong? Or should I simply trim them? I did cut the top once already.

Thank You.

20201122 110141
RippedTorn

RippedTorn

I know what your problem is. LEDs.

Your plants have glossy blue wrinkle patches, like the nitrogen isn't flowing through the plant. Your plant will stay compact and probably won't flower in less than 4 months.

Come on experts. Help the LED industry figure this out. Glossy blue patches over wrinkled/warped/kinked areas... Should be pretty easy to solve this problem, you don't get much more specific than that.

Rudlow

Rudlow

I know what your problem is. LEDs.

Your plants have glossy blue wrinkle patches, like the nitrogen isn't flowing through the plant. Your plant will stay compact and probably won't flower in less than 4 months.

Come on experts. Help the LED industry figure this out. Glossy blue patches over wrinkled/warped/kinked areas... Should be pretty easy to solve this problem, you don't get much more specific than that.

Are you serious? Can you elaborate?

Top Bottom