Did Nevada County just pass new MMJ ordinances?

• Thread starter Mississip Hip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Thats what I heard.

NO indoor........FOUR outdoor, with sherrif's approval...

thats what I heard.......

Can anyone confirm this?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes. Are you in Nevada Co? There's a lot more to know, they've created a hell of a mess. However, there are limitations on what actions they can take and how far by state law.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

No, but I have a buddy there. He is very unclear as to what the real deal is. He is a hermit type. I was trying to research it and didn't see anything with google.

I figured the Farm would know.....:)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hold on, lemme give you some links.

Story with pdf's of the ordinance and associated legal documents. There are certain aspects of the ordinance that are going to prove unenforceable, such as the requirement to have permission from landlord. The county cannot legally establish the right to make this a requirement.

green punk

green punk

There goes "some" of the best quantity of quality CA has to offer. That stinks.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

No indoor?WTF?this is just more bullshit.In my county to the south its no outdoor which they say kids would have access too,but i beleive its because alot more peeps could afford and do outdoor much more easily than indoor so its their way of saying you can do it but its gonna cost you alot effectively blocking the masses from producing their own meds.We need a state law to clearly define whats legal or not,none of this county sheriff and the good ole boys network deciding for us.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok, guys, how are they going to enforce no indoors? How are they going to enforce the rule about noticing the landlord, legally speaking? They, just like the Amador County BoS, have created a bit of a legal mess. Looking at pix, I swear some of them could be related!

obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
i live here and indoor was not banned ...
it only affects unincorporated parts of the county . any property under 2 acres can only grow indoor . 1000 foot rules to bus stops schools church's yadda yadda . it goes on and on ... no growing on any vacant land . any indoor growing must be in an outbuilding not attached to residence . outbuilding must be permitted and to code ... the whole thing is bullshit i understand a growers group is being put together to recruit a new sheriff , DA and supervisor .. they were voted in they can be voted out .
at the meeting the people spoke up and 90+ % were against it being passed unfortunately the sheriff , DA and BOS didn't listen to what the people wanted . injunctions and restraining orders are being filed by the asa and some big time frisco lawyers

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Thanks for the responses guys. Butte county is voting in June......throw us some positive vibes.

We got enough signatures to bring the measure to a vote.

I hope it plays out well for the growers. There is a funky wave right now in the movement.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
There's a thread going on the Mag about this ordinance, and after reading through what some participants have had to say about it, I am STUNNED, completely and totally stunned that the BoS passed this. And the timing is such that no measure can get onto the ballot in time for this year's vote, as I understand it, they would need to hold a special election. Perhaps a recall election could be rolled into that, eh?

Of course, this could end up, very well likely will end up pushing the price of a pound back up. Push it back underground, add risks to the game again, and what happens? Especially if it's occurring in conjunction with storefronts closing, people WILL have their meds and they'll go black market if they have to.

ttystikk

ttystikk

There's a thread going on the Mag about this ordinance, and after reading through what some participants have had to say about it, I am STUNNED, completely and totally stunned that the BoS passed this. And the timing is such that no measure can get onto the ballot in time for this year's vote, as I understand it, they would need to hold a special election. Perhaps a recall election could be rolled into that, eh?

Of course, this could end up, very well likely will end up pushing the price of a pound back up. Push it back underground, add risks to the game again, and what happens? Especially if it's occurring in conjunction with storefronts closing, people WILL have their meds and they'll go black market if they have to.

The People WILL have their meds and they'll go to the black market if they have to.

..and they have been for 80+ years now! Where the fuck do our elected idiots get the idea that just because they write some stupid shit down and call it a 'law' that people will feel morally or ethically obligated to do something against their own best interest, even (especially!) when it isn't hurting anyone else?

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

They get that idea grom the masses of sheeple that just say baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

We all live under the "new" definition of liberty.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

It seems every major county has these ridiculous restrictions. Mendo has 25 plant limit right? Mendo's still popping right? Yeah its just to save face for the old people that hate mmj. Nevada county has two types of folks, those who are like us and those who hate us. Unfortunately the haters have big political power and money, hence the ordinance. Haven't heard of one case yet though, interesting to see how this will all work out in the end.

fractal

fractal

They put limits regarding how many plants you can have on a certain parcel size of land right? that's shameful, makes it seem like the wealthy have more rights than people who can't afford to own 20 acres of land. If you have a normal sized 1 or 2 acre rural property you can easily grow 20 or 30 plants what is the deal with parcel size limits?

ttystikk

ttystikk

If a law is immoral, it is your right and duty to disobey it.

Damn straight- and the more people hold our idiots in gov't accountable to this principle, the less bullshit we'll have in this country- a worthy goal if ever there was one, right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom