Did this hermaphrodited plant mess up my other plants?

• Thread starter mmmhmmm2010
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mmmhmmm2010

I'm in week 4 of the flowering mode. I have a young plant I planted way later than the others that has now became a hermaphrodited plant. I went in today n noticed a sack. Open. Further inspecting the plant I found at most 3 open sacs. And maybe 5 closed ones. I'm not asking about any Info on the Hermie. I know it's not a -FEMALE- so I'm getting it out of here. But did it ruin my other plants. This is my first grow. Is there anything I can do to help my situation. Or are the other 2 just simply ruined?

I would upload a photo of the -open- sacs. But when I touched them they came off. I didn't know what I was looking at... I wish I wouldn't of touched them now that I've read into it. I watched helplessly as pollen dropped. Please help 🥺

-First pic is the culprit, his/her self.
-Second pic is a singular nut I pulled off his ass.
-3rd pic is my other babies. May God be with them... Seriously... Cause I kinda over watered the one on the right a little. So this whole things just a learning experience for me I guess... 🥺

I need to know
- what's genna happen to the other plants. Like what's he process on that?
-is there anything I can do to -TRY- to stop the pollination process?
-is the whole thing just a lost cause? Like Should just I chop em up n restart with feminized seeds?

Did this hermaphrodited plant mess up my other plants
Did this hermaphrodited plant mess up my other plants 2
Did this hermaphrodited plant mess up my other plants 3
Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You're in early flower, so it's not going to ruin your crop. You will get a few seeds in some of the buds.

You may want to spray down the tent with water, which deactivates pollen.

M

mmmhmmm2010

You're in early flower, so it's not going to ruin your crop. You will get a few seeds in some of the buds.

You may want to spray down the tent with water, which deactivates pollen.
You think I should spray my plants too by chance? cause I over watered the one... Or you think spraying the tent is enough? N a unrelated question for ya. You think my over watered plant will bounce back? Just from looking at the photo. it's the one on the right. you can see the bottom leaves are all limp. The soil is dry now. The plants still recovering tho

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You can wipe down the tent with a damp cloth, but yes, I would spray the plants. You won't be spraying them to the extent that the soil gets wet.

You will want it to dry out as soon as possible, so you may want to open the tent for a few hours, until it's dry.

M

mmmhmmm2010

You can wipe down the tent with a damp cloth, but yes, I would spray the plants. You won't be spraying them to the extent that the soil gets wet.

You will want it to dry out as soon as possible, so you may want to open the tent for a few hours, until it's dry.
Dude you are the-fucking-man. Thanks for making me feel better bro.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah spray with water will make the pollen sterile. Look for the hairs to turn brown and die back m, first sign that a plant has been pollenated

M

mmmhmmm2010

Yeah this ^^^ you can still smoke the buds but just remove the seeds. May lose a bit of potency but absolutely fine to smoke. Back in the day all weed had seeds in it.
Ok sweet. So are these the hairs your talking about seeing turn brown in the video below? Or are we talking about the hairs coming out of the bracts. .. Sorry I'm really new to all this. Cause I got some brown colored pistils as you can see. and I got some brown colored pistils here and there too.

Madmax

Madmax

The buds are made up of many bracts so you will see hairs browning on the buds and at the nodes.

D

dougied86

Did u over water the plant that hermied? I had one of my plants hermi on me just couple days ago. Only on the new growth and was larf needing trimmed anyways. I moved mine also into its own tent far way. After I trimmed the few branches that turned it looks good. Haven't seen any more pollen sacks no nanners yet ill be watching. Now I wanna just watch it and see if it does anythibg else different. But please keep us posted. I always like to try to find out what caused it if wasn't genetic. First pic the freaking hermit. Second pic on of his old room mates freaking out. It's like flu all over again.

Last edited:
M

mmmhmmm2010

Did u over water the plant that hermied? I had one of my plants hermi on me just couple days ago. Only on the new growth and was larf needing trimmed anyways. I moved mine also into its own tent far way. After I trimmed the few branches that turned it looks good. Haven't seen any more pollen sacks no nanners yet ill be watching. Now I wanna just watch it and see if it does anythibg else different. But please keep us posted. I always like to try to find out what caused it if wasn't genetic. First pic the freaking hermit. Second pic on of his old room mates freaking out. It's like flu all over again.
I had all my plants outside for the first few months. Ina not so sunny spot :( so my guess is it was just stress that caused it to become hermaphrodited. I have no idea tho. I also randomly acquired my seeds from what I smoke, when I buy it (if I'm lucky enough to find one). I moved the Hermie outside tho and left my non hermaphrodited ones inside. This is also my first time growing. So I have no idea what I'm doing. I actually never over watered them in the first place. I was not watering them enough. If you look at the pics you can see how un healthy they were towards the bottom. And I kept waiting to water them because I thought they were wilting due to over watering lol. So your guess is as good as mine haha I'm a moron. Don't take tips form me.. They've made a full recovery. Growing big and strong. Thanks to all the people on here. Hopefully harvesting ina few weeks :)

Top Bottom