Difference between Jacks Bloom & Bloom Pro?

• Thread starter Thegreywizard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

Apparently Jacks has a Bloom feed & a Bloom Pro feed and they both have the exact same NPK of 10-30-20

So does anyone know what the difference is? This website specifically notifies you they are different products.

Are these supposed to be ran towards the end of flower as a PK Booster on top of Jacks 321 recipe?

brittfield

brittfield

They are basically the same. Jacks Nutrients is made for cannabis and hemp but it's based off of the old Jacks Professional Bloom Booster for professional greenhouse crop production for whole sale flowers and vegetables. The hemp formula just has a little bit of sulfur in it. You absolutely wouldn't notice a difference using either of their bloom boosters. Here you can click and zoom in on the label to compare the "recipe" https://www.jacksnutrients.com/online-store/10-30-20-Bloom-p101272610 vs https://www.jrpeters.com/10-30-20-blossom-booster

brittfield

brittfield

Just re checked those Fertilizer labels. The JR Peters Professional has Magnesium and no Sulfur, the Jacks nutrients has Sulfur, and double the zinc, iron, etc but less magnesium (that's why the schedule says use 1 gram epsom salt per gallon), I am glad I saw this because I have a 25 pound bag of the professional so I probably don't need to use epsom salt for the first two weeks of flower

Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

Ahh ok, thanks for that clarification. I'll pick up a bag of the Jacks Bloom soon so I have it ready.

So I don't want to use the Cal/Nit Jacks Part B with their Bloom formula?

brittfield

brittfield

Ahh ok, thanks for that clarification. I'll pick up a bag of the Jacks Bloom soon so I have it ready.

Nope, that would be too much Nitrogen. The first two weeks of flower you use the bloom for phosphorus. week 3 and 4 switch back to Part A/B. week 5 and 6 & 7 use Jacks finish for Potassium week 8 flush. That's according to the schedule 3-2-1 https://5efb2711-22d2-46e2-827b-2f8...d/3230c0_15310ae79d9b4e3cac50947c616d07f9.pdf (by the way

brittfield

brittfield

the bloom still has 10% nitrogen so 5.67 grams in a gallon gives you 150 PPM Nitrogen. Now, your Nitrogen is still there but with the bloom it's now getting a lot more ppm phosphorus, when you switch over to the finish you're still getting 100 ppm Nitrogen but a lot more ppm potassium. If you were to try to get those ppms of phosphorus and potassium with part A and B the Nitrogen would be way too high, it's already 200 ppm N with the 3-2-1 but the P and K lvls are much lower. Amazon has a 25 pound bag of the professional bloom w/ free shipping for $65, it will last years. the jacks bloom on their site is $65 with $20 shipping

Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

Great info, thank you!

I'm going to just pick up the 25lb bags of Jacks Bloom, Finish & their Clone mix and will follow their feeding schedule exactly with these additional dry nutes.

I bought Jacks A & B from growgreenmi.com when they had it on sale. Maybe I'll get lucky and catch Bloom & Finish on sale over the next couple of weeks. If not I'll just pull the trigger either way so that I have everything when I need it.

Thanks again!

Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

Ok so I've been following Jack's grow chart and think I'm coming up on week 5.

I used Jacks Bloom for the first 2 full weeks and then switched back to A & B for the last couple of weeks.

I'm really surprised I'm not using Bloom at any other time during flower?

So now coming up on week 5, I should switch to Jacks Finish? I want to run that for a full 3 weeks?

Should I be or can I supplement calcium in any way?

I think it would be helpful to run it as long as I can wouldn't it?

When I did organics, my flush was usually still calcium & sugar all the way until the end to help it keep bulking.

I'm hoping things finish up on time, but you know how it goes and sometimes you need an extra week.

What would I do in that instance? just run 4 weeks of the finish if that happens or should I run a extra week of A & B?

I guess it's hard to make that judgement call now when you won't know if you need that extra week up until the very end.

Last edited:
Top Bottom