Different Phenotypes For Scott's Og And Commerce City Kush?

• Thread starter Tepictoton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tepictoton

Tepictoton

As the title says, anything known about their different phenotypes?

Running a pack of each right now.

Both the Scott's and the CCK are showing two distinct phenos, one bushy and one more stretchy.

Seeing my situation, with having limited space (height), I prefer the shorter, bushy ones. But can one say anything about the fruits they will bear, or can the end result be at random? In other words, does for instance, the shorter pheno of Scott's give a better smoke then the stretchy one, or is there no way to tell this? Is there any connection between showing more bushy growth or more stalky growth and the make-up of the end result?

Also have some venom og's running in there, but for now, not one has shown me clearly she is a female...that is after 49days of vegging...the confirmed females from the scotts and cck have already been cloned and will be switched to 12/12 soon.

Any input will be highly appreciated!

M

Mr.23

Interested in the results. Got a pack of commerce city and rugburn at socal cup

Tepictoton

Tepictoton

well,

what I can say for now:
The CCK has blown me away. All seeds came up in two days(germinated them directly in a jiffy, so I mean they already where above 'ground' in two days!) and the way it looks now I will get 7nice looking ladies from that one. And all of them are showing very short internodes and fat indica type leaves.

The Scott's OG, man am I having some bad luck with those...Not one confirmed female from 12seeds. Already had to toss out 10 of them, so maybe there are two females. and from these two, only one has the trades I am looking for, namely vigorous growth, but short and bushy. Will probably clone both of them (the nicer bushy pheno already has been cloned) just to not loose any of them. They might surprise me and give me my first keeper that is a bit more stretchy?

The Venom, also no having lots of luck with that. From the 24seeds popped, for now I only have two confirmed females and already had to toss out 18males. Hoping these other 4 turn out females too. From those that are left, only two show the trades I am looking for.

In the end, knowing myself, I will probably clone all of them, just in case..

J

jeff1962

Ive had presex males fool me a few times
.ive never had that many males..it seems mine are at least 50/50..

M

Mr.23

At 49 days vegging for the most part most if not all should have shown sex. Those are high number of males.. i would clone everything. I think its Scott who mentioned to clone even the runts as he has had some of the best flowers from those almost discarted runts.

Tepictoton

Tepictoton

Okay,

thank you for your input. What can I say....still growing strong, but unfortunately only 2males for the Scott's...

Now I will have to figure out how to solve a huge problem, involving me loosing my house and now have to figure out how to find a new place and move everything...

So if the move turns out to be a big distance I might have to sacrifice them, which would be with a lot of pain in my heart, because after two and a half months one does get to know these little ones like children...

kds710

kds710

I have one Scott's OG going it seems to be the stretch pheno

Tepictoton

Tepictoton

...one of the cck's seems to be a hermy...3weeks into flowering and can clearly see balls here and there, but unlike ones I saw before, thee seem to have both bananas and pistells...

my stretchy Scott's is definatele starting to frost up the fastest. Rest are doing fine too. Will try to give some more updates soon...

kds710

kds710

...one of the cck's seems to be a hermy...3weeks into flowering and can clearly see balls here and there, but unlike ones I saw before, thee seem to have both bananas and pistells...

my stretchy Scott's is definatele starting to frost up the fastest. Rest are doing fine too. Will try to give some more updates soon...
My Scotts has been in 12-12 since Feb 17th and seems to be doing plenty of growing structure and height wise but not showing much of any flower development at all really, just pistils I think within another 7-10 days it should begin taking off. My 501st OG's are doing the same.

Tepictoton

Tepictoton

Week 4 today,

scott's doing great, sure is stretchy but turning nicely white now and budsites are all over the place...

the cck turned out to have some male flowers, picked them out and the did not return!

all looking great, will give them a good feeding tonight and then hand their care over to my partner while I am of to a short one week vacation.

S

SoiledMyself

Had two Scotts ladies that I flowered in small pots, went through a move and lost the clones tough to germ slowish to veg for me and didn't stay "fresh" in the jar too long but the smoke from both was straight fire and id put it in the realm of some well know clone onlys

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

i got a 12 pack of scotts og but kept half for future use...and they are doing really well...veg very fast compared to other strains they are double in size...still only on their 4th -5th leaf set, so still young

Tepictoton

Tepictoton

http://invalid.com/ZljB2Ar

Guess a picture says more then a thousand words...so happy I have a nice mother(actually have two :-)) of this pheno now...

Commerce City Kush: two distinct phenos. One is definately going to be stronger, it has almost double the resin production of the other pheno. Also, the more resinous pheno, smells strongly of citrus, whereas the les resinous one smells more chemy.

I also have one Venom OG in the room, and this one is turning out very differently from the phenos I had last time. It is very stretchy and for now seems to have a more soury smell then my previous run(which was more citrusy/chemy with that piny OG funk smell mixed together).

My Scott's actually seemed to veg slower then the rest, but once switched to flowering soon catched up with the rest. It was clearly way ahead of the rest after 4weeks of flowering, showing decent resin production already at that stage of the cycle. Also, it is one of the more darker green plants I have ever seen, the foilage is realy dark green.

Planning on letting them sit till day 68. Thay have had more then 60days vegging, and are in 7l smart pots. They have been fed Advanced Nutrients and are in Plagron light mix soil.

Top Bottom