Digi Ballast

• Thread starter Grover6sixty6
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Grover6sixty6

Can some one please help. I have a lumatek 600watt digi ballast. When i plug it in to the outlet and then i plug in the lamp the light doesn't ignite. I have waited 20 -30 mins for the light to fire up and nothing. This is my first time using a HID. Sometimes it fires and sometimes not HELP HELP HELP.:fubar:mad0233:

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Not sure what your problem is but you should ALWAYS have the hood/lamp plugged into said ballast before connecting the ballast power cord to receptacle.

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
What kind of bulb is it? Most ppl i know using Lumateks are using more standard bulbs, not the expensive grow bulbs. Any chance you're using a Hortilux?

hubcap

hubcap

does the ballast fan turn on? (if it has one)

does the ballast make funny noises? (clicking?)

make sure all is plugged in?

if its all plugged in correctly, and the ballast switch (if it has one) is set to 120V......
the lamp SHOULD ignite.
if you have another bulb, replace it.
bulb still doesnt light? bad ballast and return it for another.

-hub

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Listen to Baba G! I almost killed myself last month screwing a bulb out of a hood that was still plugged in! One of the scariest moments of my life...

X

xchaoticmetalx

Def want to make sure everythng is plugged and ready to go, before flipping the switch or turning said ballast on. Don't ever screw in or out a bulb/ connect lamp cords while ballasts are plugged into a outlet.

K

krizznapp

Can some one please help. I have a lumatek 600watt digi ballast. When i plug it in to the outlet and then i plug in the lamp the light doesn't ignite. I have waited 20 -30 mins for the light to fire up and nothing. This is my first time using a HID. Sometimes it fires and sometimes not HELP HELP HELP.:fubar:mad0233:

By any chance are you using a Plusrite bulb? Ive had 2 of them not light-up when on a timer.Had to go back to the Hortilux eye:mad0233:

G

Grover6sixty6

I found out its the bulb i'm using. Its a SolarMax bulb Lumatek is send me and adapter so the bulb will ignite. Thanx every1 for the info. I really appreciate it. Thanx

purpleberry

purpleberry

I have a agrosun bulb that lasted a couple rounds and now wont fire on any lumatek ballest, now i hear i cant use hortilux bulbs, even though they use to work. grrrrrrrr

O

OGrower707

Grover sixty sixty6, I hear your pain brotha, I just worked the entire day putting finishing touches on my flower room so I could switch my girls from vegg to flower. Here it is 10:50 pm and I finally got all 24 ladies under my two 600's, and dammit...only one of my lights will fire. These ballast are brand new and I swear by galaxy, but come tomorrow morning Ill be at the hydro store for an exchange, all digi ballast have these problems. I personally think lumatek is more notorious for these type of malfunctions, but my galaxy did the same thing. ~OG 707~

O

OGrower707

I went into the shop today and found out it was my bulb,, I knew my trusty galaxy didnt fail me hahhaaha

G

Grover6sixty6

I'm going on Wednesday to my local hydro store to see if its my bulb or the ballast. I'm really hoping its the bulb. Ogrower707 Try using Grolux sylvania bulbs. I hear they preform spectacularly with digi ballasts. I will let you know when I pick mine up. The bulb is 92000 lumens. Well i'm glad you got it worked out.

G

Grover6sixty6

Well I get home today plug in the volt booster then plugged in the lamp, then plugged the ballast into the outlet and wouldn't you know the light fired! Woo Hoo. Letys hope it fire's up next time!

G

Grover6sixty6

Volt Booster

Here is a pic of the volt booster that was sent to me by lumatek.:sun

100 4598
Top Bottom