Digi-lux grow bulbs

• Thread starter GrowMaster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Has anybody tried the new digilux bulbs?? if u have please elaborate on them how did u like them and did u see any difference from the bulbs u were using before u switched, im going to give them a try and see if I like them better then the Ihorts, there spouse to have 25% more blue spectrum and 10,000 more lumens and there 10 bucks cheaper then the Ihorts........GM

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Phantoms why? dose it matter I know there digital only.......GM

Illmind

Illmind

Ya they dig only. How u like those phantoms? If u get a sec youtube has a digilux vs hortilux test n to save u some time digilux wins every category hands down. I would go for it pimp. Ushios are also a reasonable choice.

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Ya they dig only. How u like those phantoms? If u get a sec youtube has a digilux vs hortilux test n to save u some time digilux wins every category hands down. I would go for it pimp. Ushios are also a reasonable choice.

Right on bro, thats what I like to here, I talked to there rep for a long time when I was at my bros hydro store the other day and he convinced me to try them and from what I can tell they should be a little better then the ihorts, not to mention the same company that makes these bulbs, makes caps controllers and Quantum Ballasts and a bunch of other hydro shit, so they should be solid, ya I was going to give Ushios a try a while back but the fact that they say conversion bulbs on them shyed me away from them, but I do have to of them in my mother room right now and I like them and so do the plants......GM

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Not sure what you mean by saying Ushio have conversion on their package???
Ushio offers conversion bulbs but they def have a regular 1kw HPS and they work great, I prefer the German made over the China made Digilux, I"ve used a bunch of both and I notice I yield slightly better with Ushios in my experience and I can def claim the Digilux has a more blue end of the spectrum but I don't notice any improvement with my plants with the Digilux, personally I don't care for Hortilux since they slacked on catching up to the digital game. I have yet to have a bad experience with Ushio, have heard some uncomforting things about Digilux though...

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Not sure what you mean by saying Ushio have conversion on their package???
Ushio offers conversion bulbs but they def have a regular 1kw HPS and they work great, I prefer the German made over the China made Digilux, I"ve used a bunch of both and I notice I yield slightly better with Ushios in my experience and I can def claim the Digilux has a more blue end of the spectrum but I don't notice any improvement with my plants with the Digilux, personally I don't care for Hortilux since they slacked on catching up to the digital game. I have yet to have a bad experience with Ushio, have heard some uncomforting things about Digilux though...

No not on the package in hydro farms index book that all the hydro stores order from, and I dident say Ushio were bad I do like there MH bulb havent tried there HPS, and the rep for digilux told me all about the probs they had with the bulb when they first came out, but it was the manufacturers fuck up not theres, and that its all taken care of now with a new bulb design and new manufacturers for there bulbs now, and they have one of there own company guys in china now at the factory making sure they build them right and use nothing but quality parts, ill see how they go believe me if there not good ill let everybody know......GM

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
GM for the digilux, make sure to pull on the end of the bulb before you take it home from the store. If they are broken is usually happens there during shipping. May save you a trip to the store.

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

Norm bought a case when the price change on the case lots for the horties happend. I think if I remember correctly 4 wouldnt fire out of the box and a couple just burned out around 2 months.

Illmind

Illmind

Ya i feel u.. Them sales reps can be pretty persuasive. But honestly ushios Hilux super hps would be my rec to u. And i was gonna say if running a quantum def run the digiluxs they are supposed t orun at full potential in that ballast. I personally havemt had a working light meter for ages and i miss the hell out of it. All these new lights, reflectors n balasts with these claims n now i cant even prove em wrong. Man i h8 running into sales reps at the store... That being said bro youll be just fine whatever u choose with your skill set. Hoepfully the mark ass sales rep wasnt full of shit and they fixed the problems, ive even heard of them exploding. Sunpulse too. This was 1- 2 years ago tho im sure the flaws have been exploited and taken care of. Just for me trusting a company who would release a sketch product to begin with turns me away...

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Ok guys thanks for all of the feed back much appreciated, so I went down and picked up 7 of the digilux, I like them so far a nice solid built bulb and they even have a born on date on them, and there a little bulkier then the ihorts check them out, there packaging sure is alot nicer then all the other bulbs....GM

DSC04438
DSC04440
DSC04441
DSC04442
DSC04443
DSC04446
GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Here is the light wave comparison between the ihort and digilux according to this digilux should be a little better.......GM

DSC04439
GrowMaster

GrowMaster

And the born on date when it was made, I like this feature I like to know when shit was made and how old it is when I buy it......GM

DSC04444
dankworth

dankworth

plantlightinghydroponics has them for 60 apiece for hps
55 for mh
I like them well enough, especially for the price
I have wondered about Ushios.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Here is the light wave comparison between the ihort and digilux according to this digilux should be a little better.......GM

Damn, haven't seen the born on date! That's good they fixed some issues and seem to have quality under control. Def the nicest box I've seen for a bulb, the big box that houses the 6 of em is all black and red too, pretty smooth!

As far as that comparison there of the charts, I wish the y-axis of these graphs had the units listed or that all these bulbs used the same standard graph. This would atleast give us a more true look at comparing the spectrums of various bulbs. Personally I'm not a big fan of Hortilux bulbs and haven't used em for a few years, been switching between the Agrosun Red which is the same exact bulb as the Ushio(Hi-lux) & did a batch of Digi luxs too, I've got some SunPulse bulbs I ultilized for a couple veg cycles but really didn't see the biggest change and went back to hps for whole cycle. I only veg for a week or so, so the mh wasn't impacting the way some seem to get from it.

Can't wait to see how you do with these new bulbs! You grow the biggest OG type of nugs around!!!:cool0019:
If they get bigger you are gonna make my eyes pop outta my head...:dance

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I'm definitely interested in their 600mh.

outwest

Venom818

Venom818

Ya i feel u.. Them sales reps can be pretty persuasive. But honestly ushios Hilux super hps would be my rec to u. And i was gonna say if running a quantum def run the digiluxs they are supposed t orun at full potential in that ballast. I personally havemt had a working light meter for ages and i miss the hell out of it. All these new lights, reflectors n balasts with these claims n now i cant even prove em wrong. Man i h8 running into sales reps at the store... That being said bro youll be just fine whatever u choose with your skill set. Hoepfully the mark ass sales rep wasnt full of shit and they fixed the problems, ive even heard of them exploding. Sunpulse too. This was 1- 2 years ago tho im sure the flaws have been exploited and taken care of. Just for me trusting a company who would release a sketch product to begin with turns me away...

i have quantums ill try the digilux's also got some solistek as back up thnx to the homie that showed me mad love on all these ballast

Latest posts

Top Bottom