DIGILUX 1000 Watt HPS Bulbs

• Thread starter paulycali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

paulycali

This thread is for people running the new Digilux Digital HPS Bulbs. I am wondering how they compare to Hortilux and Sunmaster bulbs. They seem legit so whats your take on them? Thanks farmers and hope you can help me out

P

paulycali

Dont make me pick one up with any REAL feedback! C'mon hook a brother up. Need info

B

barneyfife

i just seen these today at 1 of the hydro stores i usally shop at. so havent used no first hand exp.
anyway 1 of the guys that i talk 2 often there told me when i asked about them.
that there made by cap the same peeps that make the nex gen digis.
so if your runnin digi ballest there better bulb for them.
and he says if i remember right they put out 56,000 more lumens than the horti.
but i think they lack the enhanced spec. of the horti.
idk i have all nex gens so i my give them a run when its time for bulbs. sorry couldnt give you any actual grow info with them bro lol.

P

paulycali

Thanks for stopping by and dont mean to be an ass but i already know all this info your telling me. They actually have a better spectrum than hortilux from what i can tell and its not 56,000 more lumens its a total of 156,000 lumens compared to 145,00 for the hortilux and competitor bulbs. Test one out and let me know! LOL!

B

barneyfife

im not due for new bulbs yet sounds like your closer to pulling the trigger than me.
so youll proberly be testing them and letting me no lol.
if your sure about the spectrum being better than the horti than it sounds like a winner to me.
dude told me not much blue spec but if they do than thats great. i will try them next time i buy bulbs.

P

paulycali

Yeah my buddy over at cap promised me he would send me one and since there flying off the shelf like hot cakes it doesnt seem like one will be coming my way. Hopefully he still will send one. They said more will be coming in towards the end of the month. We'll see what happens. No hard feelings no worries there. Anyway have a happy farming day and i will chat with you later

R

red_eye

I had a guy at a shop try to push them on me. Trying to find some experience from fellow farmers myself, but there seems to be lack of info. More lumens doesn't necessarily mean that the plant can use them.

Is the PAR rating and spectrum on track with the horties?

Thats the info that will make me consider the purchase...

T

Tesseract

I was running some Solarmax 1k's in CAP Nextgen Ballasts. Every single bulb failed after 1 month of use. The Hortilux bulbs work great though, no probs. Weird thing is I used some 600w solarmax's in my last grow space with no probs. I would love to see how these stack up against the H.

I think I may have gotten a bad batch of bulbs...

R

red_eye

Found a video comparing the Eye Hortilux 1K and the Digilux. They let the bulbs warm up and they take foot candle measurements and LUX measurements in the last 1/4 of the vid. The Digilux is 20% brighter...

I've never embedded a vid, hope it works --> :tmi

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e_lEgacnH4[/YOUTUBE]

Linky - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e_lEgacnH4

T

Tesseract

Awesome Red EYe! Thanks

I trust in Hortilux but these seem pretty great too! are they typically more orange like the Sunmasters and Solarmax's or are they a little more even spectrum like the Hortilux's?
T

R

red_eye

I think that the big thing about these bulbs is that they run at the correct frequency for digital ballasts. They are more efficient and have a longer life. Thats from what I've read. But I want to know is if a farmer out there has noticed if there is an increase in yield from the extra output.

The SunPulse bulbs out now have VERY mixed reviews. Not very good from what I've read. Lots of trich production, but lower yields...

I wonder if these are the same type of bulbs???

I don't want to waste any money, b-cuz I can't!

A

antimatter

digi ballasts and digi bulbs would make me feel like throwing money away but they sure do look cool though. Give me a wireless lamp and then we can talk more about throwing money away.

R

red_eye

I talked to the guy that made the video. He did a PAR test and said that they produce 3-5% more than the EYE... Hmmm.

A

antimatter

What bugs me is a 4x4 can produce about 2lbs max, a 5x5 maybe 2-3lbs running mag ballasts and you literally can't fit more bud in that space and the quality is good enough so what benefit would a digital ballast and a digi bulb have over the good old mag producing the maximum amount of bud that can be fitted in an allocated area? I just don't see how that little bit more light would = more yield if your already maxing out the space.

Illmind

Illmind

Well more usable light denser buds, denser buds more weight. Which is what I think they're going for.

A

antimatter

Well more usable light denser buds, denser buds more weight. Which is what I think they're going for.

Buds can only get so dense though eventually your just spinning your wheels by adding more light ive seen 80-100w per squarefoot produce equal quality to 40w-60w per squarefoot so take that for what its worth.

G

goleboy

We just set up a 10k room down here in Diego for green leaf wellness, running all digilux bulbs, I was horti freak previously but after putting 48 ladies under these 10k they definitely seemed WAY happier under the digiluxs, we are running all GG Hercules 1000 ballasts with 3 tons ac, 1/2 HP chiller and doubled inspired setup , C02 and sealed room running odyssey kush and OG and a few other testers. Be on the look out for " OG Godfather" Nugs and cutting from green leaf wellness over the next couple months, this is the " fruitridge original " strain so they say, which really wasn't their original strain but a bought strain Fromm my boy in NOR Nor cal , now we bringing it to the BEACH! But digilux definitely worth it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom