digital ballast help

• Thread starter brookky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

brookky

I am looking to get a 1000 watt digital ballast. I keep hearing good and bad things about lumatek. Has anyone heard of global green digital ballast. Any help please

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Global Greenhouse ballast are good, I have a few of them, no questions asked return policy(never had to use) and an intellivolt system that can run 220v or 110v.

I have about 25 Lumateks though and have had zero problems with them, some I have had for 6+ years now.

Tex

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I have a 600w lumatek. No problems even with conversion bulb.

F

frankie-smiles

Yeah, I've been looking for a 1000 watt digital balast. Gonna check that company out, don't come accross many decent digital 1000's.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Im running a 600w lumatek here no problems, wish i had got one sooner..

K

krizznapp

I have The lumatek 600. The first one was blue and went out after 4 months. Md hydro sent out another which was purple,it lasted 5 months. The last one #3 is purple and has a reset button on the back,it has been doing great since last May. I also have their 400 with no problems. From what I've heard the 600 is the only one that has these (glitches)so the service rep says but hell who knows. I like the Lumateks, they dont take up space they are quiet and for me best of all , you get a 5 year warrenty with them.

eyes

eyes

heard the global greenhouses are pretty good..id go with texas kid on this one.had the pleasure of checking out a galaxy but only a 400.quiet,cool.i know one person running a cap next gen 1000.no probs so far.stay 220 on the higher voltage digis.

eyes

eyes

yes higher wattage digis. 220 is a better power source that 110.for higher wattage digis id use the 220 power source if u can.220 can handle loads better than 110 anyday ,even though the 220, amps will be less,the wattagedrawn will be the same for both.any heavy duty inductive loads,motors,compressors and the like 220 all the way.faster start ups and better running.so because that 1000 has a pretty serious power draw,if u can go with a 220.im sure electricians here will chime in with there expertise as well.

Top Bottom