Direct sunshine?

• Thread starter ClintDP79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ClintDP79

ClintDP79

I’m growing 3 plants outside and they’re doing ok BUT....
Weed is illegal here in NZ, and I’m renting a house. The plants are quite big now and are no longer easy to hide. The thing I want to know is how much direct sunlight do the plants actually need?
One plant is flowing and the buds are developing nicely. The other has a ton of female pre flowers and the other is still growing daily.
Thanks.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

12 hours or so would be ideal. it's diminishing sunlight hours, heading towards late summer, early autumn.

sydney is about 13 hours 20 minutes presently.

sounds like the plants will do alright as it is. just gotta conceal, if necessary. gotta beat any frost, if late harvest.

ClintDP79

ClintDP79

Concealing is hard with the layout of our property. We have neighbours that literally looks right down on our garden 🤔☹️. Is there that much of a difference between direct and indirect sunlight? I mean if it’s getting natural light then surely that’s still ok.

Nugg

Nugg

Get a par meter..then you know exactly how much you can shade them... there is a formula for how many umols needed per day... sunlight gives out way more then needed in a day,so you could give less and still be in your range..search DLI requirements..what about the smell ??? Good luck hiding that....

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

as much sunlight as poss.

as to concealment, it also depends on your movement. but you did say your garden, so use other plants to cover (?).

Latest posts

Top Bottom