Dirtbag is poopin in a tent!! ⛺ Adventures with the Spiderfarmer SF4000

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Here we go, this will be my official review thread for the newest model of the Spiderfarmer SF4000 inside a 4x4 grow tent. My first time in a very long time growing in a tent... The units for this review were generously provided by @SpiderFarmerLED to run a cycle with and give the fine folks here at the farm my honest feedback on, and I plan to do my best to give this light every opportunity to live up to its potential. I'd like to extentd to them a big thanks.

The Light arrived very well packaged and I was pleasantly surprised to find the diode layout was not as I was expecting. Instead it's far more interesting with the diodes clustered in the corners as you will see in the pics. I expect this to greatly enhance the light spread.

I'll be starting up the grow in the next couple weeks hopefully if all goes to plan. Really excited for this one. The thread might be quiet for a while as I secure some clones, but I expect by early September we will be up and growing.

Some pics of the latest SF4000

External on/off, dimmer and daisy chain function.
20210817_141000.jpg

Excellent Meanwell XLG 240 series drivers
20210817_140948.jpg

And this diode layout!! 😍
20210817_140235.jpg
20210817_140238.jpg

I'll be running it in a 4x4 tent with either 4 or 9 plants, using rockwool and dyna gro nutrients. Looking forward to this one.

This pic isn't mine, but it shows this thing lit up. Looks really, really interesting.

Screenshot_20210804-164711_Samsung Internet.jpg

Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
It's confirmed, this grow will be 4 Wedding crasher plants in 3" delta blocks on Unislabs. Picking them up tomorrow and will likely have this setup by the weekend. Knowing how I do..

This will be a good insight into what is possible for us Canadians to grow with the legal 4 plant recreational count, using an affordable and discreet setup in a 4x4 tent. I'm excited now. This is gonna be sweet.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Would love to see a PAR/PPFD map of that LED!
Me too. I've asked @SpiderFarmerLED if they would kindly provide one and am waiting for a reply. I believe our communications sometimes get lost in translation. But im really curious to see the ppfd footprint map of this thing.

Ill be picking up the wedding crashers tonight, and I'm excited to be running this strain again.

For anyone that hasn't seen pics I've posted of it I will post a couple more. This fine lady is one of the nicest strains I've ever grown. Has it all imho, amazing bag appeal, fantastic aroma and a creamy/fruity flavour, excellent potency and a decent yield. When you see it next to almost any other strain it really stands out amongst the rest.

This here is the genetics that I will be working with for this grow log. These pics were taken the last time I grew it organically using earth juice nutes in promix under HID lights. This strain is an absolute trichome factory.

Screenshot 20210819 111517 Gallery
Screenshot 20210819 111500 Gallery

Last edited:
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Me too. I've asked @SpiderFarmerLED if they would kindly provide us with one and am waiting for a reply. I believe our communications sometimes get lost in translation.

Ill be picking up the wedding crashers tonight, and I'm excited to be running this strain again.

For anyone that hasn't seen pics I've posted of it I will post a couple more. This fine lady is one of the nicest strains I've ever grown. Has it all imho, amazing bag appeal, fantastic aroma and a creamy/fruity flavour, excellent potency and a decent yield. When you see it next to almost any other strain it really stands out amongst the rest.

This here is the genetics that I will be working with for this grow log. These pics were taken the last time I grew it organically using earth juice nutes in promix under HID lights.

View attachment 1158978View attachment 1158980
I remember.. the good ol’ days. Was this the run before the grow room fiasco or the organic one after? Fire to say the least.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I remember.. the good ol’ days. Was this the run before the grow room fiasco or the organic one after? Fire to say the least.
This is from the grow directly after I cooked all my genetics by accidentally unplugging my exhaust fan. 🤦‍♂️
I've learned to stop going in my room when I've been drinking. 🤣

That's the thing I was talking about though, after I lost my cut of platinum cookies, all my blackberry moonshine and dragons garlic, pre 98'-bubba and others I was gutted. But had that not happened I might not have filled the room with spiked punch and wedding crasher afterwards which are both superior to anything I had before.
Like I say I try to never get too attached to strains. They come and go. But, I'm happy to get another chance to run the WC. And being such a frost monster I'm really curious to see how LED affects the trichome development on this one.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
This is from the grow directly after I cooked all my genetics by accidentally unplugging my exhaust fan. 🤦‍♂️
I've learned to stop going in my room when I've been drinking. 🤣

That's the thing I was talking about though, after I lost my cut of platinum cookies, all my blackberry moonshine and dragons garlic, pre 98'-bubba and others I was gutted. But had that not happened I might not have filled the room with spiked punch and wedding crasher afterwards which are both superior to anything I had before.
Like I say I try to never get too attached to strains. They come and go. But, I'm happy to get another chance to run the WC. And being such a frost monster I'm really curious to see how LED affects the trichome development on this one.
YEAH I remember bro. You had the elite garden and lost it. Everything happens for a reason though.
Glad to see you back up and running regardless. All those new cats need the VETS back hahaha. Hope to be back myself soon. Here to lurk and help where I can in the mean time.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
YEAH I remember bro. You had the elite garden and lost it. Everything happens for a reason though.
Glad to see you back up and running regardless. All those new cats need the VETS back hahaha. Hope to be back myself soon. Here to lurk and help where I can in the mean time.
This site sure does have an ebb and flow of experienced growers. I can see how some get exhausted or frustrated for one reason or another and move on.

And yeah it hurt losing that library of plants, but luckily there is a bigger and better library down the street that I can still check strains out of lol. Honestly it's so much easier this way than trying to preserve all those genetics myself.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
This site sure does have an ebb and flow of experienced growers. I can see how some get exhausted or frustrated for one reason or another and move on.

And yeah it hurt losing that library of plants, but luckily there is a bigger and better library down the street that I can still check strains out of lol. Honestly it's so much easier this way than trying to preserve all those genetics myself.
Definitely. Scrolling through the new threads and I’m already like…. Hmmmmm hahahah.

Capital_Florica

Capital_Florica

3" delta blocks on Unislabs

I’ll forever find Unislabs fascinating. One could imagine how such a thing could aid in growing plants in spaceships. How much water at a time at most do they fill up with? This question maybe isn’t even applicable. My soil intuition says they’d be sitting in standing water but that’s not necessarily the case. It’s like this half hydro half soilless mind fuck. Do you ever have plants that develop inefficient root systems because of Mother Nature and thus end up being in an overwatered state per se?

Top Bottom