Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Some happy plants.
Fuck am I ever slow today though. 🙃
20211106 134657

Moshmen

Moshmen

They're fuckin amazing live. Seen em like three times. Better than hearing them recorded on even studio quality gear.

@Dirtbag you ask for heavy, not heavily contemplative. Here's heavy 😎

Us old dudes grew up on slayer,anthrax, the real Metallica, not a big fan of today’s screaming vocals - still love it loud and heavy !

Moshmen

Moshmen

I played this song on stage a number of times with my band in my early 20's. One time that I'll never forget was in Halifax in 1999 at a hole in the wall punk bar that was decked out with blacklight shit, my cousin the bass player and I were on windowpane acid and just tripping balls, but we did this song so damn perfectly. We became the song. The last 45 seconds of this tune still haunt me, I was so high, the way it fades out to just dimebag riffing over the sound of rain... when I played this it felt like the whole world stood still. We had the rain effect and everything.

Even if you don't listen to the whole thing, listen to 6:00 onward. But it's way better when you know how it got there.

Windowpane and dime bag was a great combination for me . Lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lovin that rock wool shit !kinda wish I had the balls to switch, Lookin super tight as always
Take the plunge someday, it's a lot easier than it might seem. I find it 10x easier than soiless once you have an irrigation system setup. Nothing to attract pests, keeps the room clean, lightweight to bring in and dispose of, much faster growth, bigger yields, cleaner tasting bud, easier to manage nutrient usage, uses less water.. im smitten with rockwool. I was afraid to switch from promix/proterra soiless for like 18 years myself, but once I tried wool it was like, that's it? That was easy.. lol, was love at first grow.
I still don't like rooting clones in it though.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Floyd, Hermans Hermits, Cream, Yardbirds, Beatles, Tommy Dorsey.... you ain't old yet jr. 😎 🤣🥖
Old for a metal head lol. As a teenager In the 90's I wished I had grown up in the 70's..., mostly what I listened to then was music from the 60's and 70's, but also 80's/90's metal, with some grunge thrown in. I hated most other 80's pop music at the time, it wasn't until my late 30's that I got nostalgic for songs I'd heard on the radio in the backseat of my parents car.

I try to remain open to new music but I must admit to feeling as though a lot of it has lost the charm.. there are some great modern bands, but where is the next Floyd, Beatles, zeppelin, Metallica, Pantera,.. I haven't heard a band with that kind of Era defining sound since the 90's.

I guess that's what makes me feel old lol.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Old for a metal head lol. As a teenager In the 90's I wished I had grown up in the 70's..., mostly what I listened to then was music from the 60's and 70's, but also 80's/90's metal, with some grunge thrown in. I hated most other 80's pop music at the time, it wasn't until my late 30's that I got nostalgic for songs I'd heard on the radio in the backseat of my parents car.

I try to remain open to new music but I must admit to feeling as though a lot of it has lost the charm.. there are some great modern bands, but where is the next Floyd, Beatles, zeppelin, Metallica, Pantera,.. I haven't heard a band with that kind of Era defining sound since the 90's.

I guess that's what makes me feel old lol.
I totally hear and get you. Same thing for me.

Think about it: the worldview of people has dramatically shifted in the last 20 years and those of us from the past have difficulty dealing with it because it's being forced instead of a more natural progression. Music reflects that.

I used to love playing on stage, and I still love it, but it's not the same anymore.
After a while I just sorta faded out of that side of things.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Boy I sure spend a lot of time farting around in here. Constant doobie distractions and chasing sweet tunes lol...

Getting places now though, moved over the lamps, getting the LEDs up now.
20211106 161458
And gotta love when the hygros match lol. Yes, I run high RH in the nursery..
20211106 163827

Moshmen

Moshmen

I totally hear and get you. Same thing for me.

Think about it: the worldview of people has dramatically shifted in the last 20 years and those of us from the past have difficulty dealing with it because it's being forced instead of a more natural progression. Music reflects that.

I used to love playing on stage, and I still love it, but it's not the same anymore.
After a while I just sorta faded out of that side of things.
Just did seether and shine down dirty honey fozzy - next is evenessence and hailstorm and trying to hit the new Metallica show but damn ticket prices 2-300$ for shitty seats ! Disclaimer I didn’t look at the clips I attached I randomly picked a couple

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Just did seether and shine down dirty honey fozzy - next is evenessence and hailstorm and trying to hit the new Metallica show but damn ticket prices 2-300$ for shitty seats !
We don't buy tix. We just find a concert online, put it on the big screen and turn it up. Hell of a lot cheaper and I don't have to slap some stoner for reaching towards my stash.

Top Bottom