Dirtbag is poopin in a tent!! ⛺ Adventures with the Spiderfarmer SF4000

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This tune speaks to me. Been playing it on the 12 string guitar and singing it since I was about 18 years old, great song to bust out at a party near the end of the night.
The way it describes the inspiration for the creation of music, I find pretty awesome.

It's based on an old Finnish ballad hundreds of years old.

Truly they lie, they talk utter nonsense
Who say that music reckon that the kantele
Was fashioned by a god
Out of a great pike's shoulders
From a water-dog's hooked bones
It was made from the grief

It's belly out of hard days
It's soundboard from endless woes
It's strings gathered from torments
And it's pegs from other ills
It's belly out of hard days
It's soundboard from endless woes
It's strings gathered from torments
And it's pegs from other ills

So it not play, will not rejoice at all
Music will not play to please
Give off the right sort of joy
For it was fashioned from cares
Moulded from sorrow
From sorrow

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Something a little closer to home. This is a band from Victoria BC. I Love these guys because they sound so much like my band. Something I don't know I've ever mentioned was the fact I was in a touring band from age 18-25, travelled all over Canada.
Not gonna mention the name lol. But this video reminds me a lot of those days.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Not from the UK but this song always gets me heading towards a night of bad decisions and gets the body movin

Haha my band played this at our high school variety show in 1997. Went over well. Ended the show with a fucking spot on performance of stairway to heaven with the wind section of the skool band accompanying. I slayed the guitar solo high as a fuckin 747, got laid that night lol.🕺

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This is probably the first song I remember listening to at about age 13, that made me feel something really deep in the music. I had just lost a friend to a car accident, he was 16, and this song just resonated with me. I was falling hard for a girl at the time too and something about this song just really captured that time, this one brings back a lot of my youth for sure.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Nice, I must say I did get some really nice weed from a dispensary in Port Angeles last time I was down there. Sour tangie, tasted great, looked great. Besides the price I could handle legal weed like that.

In Canada the legal garbage is mostly grown in massive greenhouses with very little care by the looks of it. I know broken coast cannabis is extremely nice, but they didnt have any gram options and and 1/8th is like $50.
Yea, agreed. It's the same everywhere. Good herb has value, and you recognize that part, well said. I do agree, lots of bunk being grown. The key to exploiting that would someone like you or me (perhaps) getting in a partnership with those kinds of morons, and righting the ship, increasing his crop valuation. But how to leverage something like that? (the million dollar question) most would simply learn everything you know; then show you the door. Or just treat you like hired help. (no partnership). No thanks.

It's sad but the reality of the situation. Motherfuckers with capital own the situation, and everyone else is SOL. Capitalism at it's finest.

The activist, the people who've sat in prison cells, the people who've been suppressed and political outcast for decades, long time cultivators and innovators, all cut adrift, for almighty $$$, and control. We see you... will cut your crop. The fight continues on for all the small farmers.

If people band together on the issue; it can be pushed back some. But I think it will take sustained efforts.
This kinda over the top greed makes me want to become some sort of modern day Jonny Appleseed, but how to accomplish. It's hard to say.

Would be really cool if government and greedy people could just let a plant be a plant for once.🙄 Let the cream naturally rise to the top for once. I suppose that's asking too much of our countrymen, perhaps. We were far better off here prior to I502 and was under the medical model.

Rec Cannabis is for the birds, IMO. Or simply just free it completely. It's all about this now. Nothing else matters.

I502
Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yea, agreed. It's the same everywhere. Good herb has value, and you recognize that part, well said. I do agree, lots of bunk being grown. The key to exploiting that would someone like you or me (perhaps) getting in a partnership with those kinds of morons, and righting the ship, increasing his crop valuation. But how to leverage something like that? (the million dollar question) most would simply learn everything you know; then show you the door. Or just treat you like hired help. (no partnership). No thanks.

It's sad but the reality of the situation. Motherfuckers with capital own the situation, and everyone else is SOL. Capitalism at it's finest.

The activist, the people who've sat in prison cells, the people who've been suppressed and political outcast for decades, long time cultivators and innovators, all cut adrift, for almighty $$$, and control. We see you... will cut your crop. The fight continues on for all the small farmers.

If people band together on the issue; it can be pushed back some. But I think it will take sustained efforts.
This kinda over the top greed makes me want to become some sort of modern day Jonny Appleseed, but how to accomplish. It's hard to say.

Would be really cool if government and greedy people could just let a plant be a plant for once.🙄 I suppose that's asking too much of our countrymen, perhaps.
I'll tell ya a little story about one of the guys that started Broken Coast which is arguably the #1 producer in Canada for quality pot.

When they were bought out by Aphria he went to them and offered to assist with their greenhouse in Ontario. They flew him out and he toured the facility, said it was a disaster,... condensation raining from the glass ceiling, wild humidity and temp swings.. He offered about a dozen upgrade recommendations and no shit, they told him they don't care about the quality, they want to mass produce mids for the mass market and if the improvements cost too much to implement it wasn't gonna happen. They couldn't even pull off decent B grade in that schwaggy glasshouse.

Top Bottom