Dirtbag is poopin in a tent!! ⛺ Adventures with the Spiderfarmer SF4000

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Just quitting tobacco, never gonna quit smoking dope lol.

These Ksss are awesome btw. Finally got some wicked visuals.
You and me both bro, just as soon as I finish this pack of natives. 😂 No, pack and a half maybe. At least I've made it this far, to additive free. They finally taste "normal" and my addiction is not as severe. I don't crave them as much after several months. Marlboros good riddance.

The key here is not smoking any of those "other" kinds, so I can whittle it down a little more. Vape pens are just another trap. Better yet, get them for cheap off the Res. (more pure). Those are even better, but even more disgusting.

IMG 20211018 232542
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I used to do 3 packs of reds a day, then @BionicKroniK married me and she wanted me around longer so I decided to quit. I had the patch, the pill and the gum all at once. I was mean. Crazy addiction. It pissed me off that I was that addicted to anything, and it fueled my need to quit. A full year from one new years to the next is how long it took from starting to quit to my last cig. I never want anything to have that level of control in my life ever again except maybe, oxygen....

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I used to do 3 packs of reds a day, then @BionicKroniK married me and she wanted me around longer so I decided to quit. I had the patch, the pill and the gum all at once. I was mean. Crazy addiction. It pissed me off that I was that addicted to anything, and it fueled my need to quit. A full year from one new years to the next is how long it took from starting to quit to my last cig. I never want anything to have that level of control in my life eve again except maybe, oxygen....
Yea, I need to follow suit. I smoked from age 7 to age 30, then quit, cause of the same thing, actually. Started running 5 miles with her, then 7, then 10 and even 15. Working out regularly, best shape of my life. I didn't smoke a cig for almost 7 years, I think. But picked it back up in one week at a coffee shop. First it was once a month, then once a week, then once or twice a week. Eventually it was buy a pack, and normalized again. Those days are long over.

I need to quit again, cause I can feel my lung getting as bad as they were back then. Changing brands, and doing some other things has knocked it back some, but I have a bad hacking cough for many years now, it will certainly be the death of me one day, perhaps. I'm well aware. I used to care for people on ventilators, of all things.

Stupid is, as stupid does. It's a mindset.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I don't know which one was the hardest to kick, cigs or painkillers.
What jacked up lives we lead. And people wonder what's wrong with us.
I think cigs are much harder, actually.

I've been addicted to heroin, fentanyl, Dilaudid, Crack, Coke, Adderall, Ritalin, Dexedrine, Ephedrine, virtually all the Benzodiazepines (clonazepam, Diazepam, Lorazepam), I could ingest, (by the fist full) I used to get stoned off of pharma grade Diphenhydramine, or Midazolam. (give versed when your dead)👍 I was a certified idiot, and like to mix and match. Always chasing the bell ringer. I'm sure I've left something out.

It's a sickness, no doubt. Because it becomes the only source of stress reduction. The only method of motivation. Bottom line; Humans are largely directed by emotion, not thought, as we would like ourselves to think. Even when we think we are. I believe when were unbalanced with our emotional state everything else goes out the window; and all energy goes into servicing that basic need, above all else.

It's just the "what" that makes us feel good. For me, sometimes it was launching myself off 40 foot vertical drops in the mountains, during a blizzard. Or standing off a moose or cat in the mountains, hunting, doing crazy shit. Having fantastic sex. Winning a 9 ball championship. Playing Football. Or getting drunk and fighting, or sticking a needle in my arm.

Anyhow, that's all I have. I'm clearly not an expert.😅
It's adrenalin, and neurotransmitters... Some people get a high from it, and will seek it out any way they possibly can. I think certain peoples brains are simply wired for it, somehow. It's a requirement.

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I think cigs are much harder, actually.

I've been addicted to heroin, fentanyl, Dilaudid, Crack, Coke, Adderall, Ritalin, Dexedrine, Ephedrine, virtually all the Benzodiazepines (clonazepam, Diazepam, Lorazepam), I could ingest, (by the fist full) I used to get stoned off of pharma grade Diphenhydramine, or Midazolam. (give versed when your dead)👍 I was a certified idiot, and like to mix and match. Always chasing the bell ringer. I'm sure I've left something out.

It's a sickness, no doubt. Because it becomes the only source of stress reduction. The only method of motivation. Bottom line; Humans are largely directed by emotion, not thought, as we would like ourselves to think. Even when we think we are. I believe when were unbalanced with our emotional state everything else goes out the window; and all energy goes into servicing that basic need, above all else.

It's just the "what" that makes us feel good. For me, sometimes it was launching myself off 40 foot vertical drops in the mountains, during a blizzard. Or standing off a moose or cat in the mountains, hunting, doing crazy shit. Having fantastic sex. Winning a 9 ball championship. Playing Football. Or getting drunk and fighting, or sticking a needle in my arm.

Anyhow, that's all I have. I'm clearly not an expert.😅
It's adrenalin, and neurotransmitters... Some people get a high from it, and will seek it out any way they possibly can. I think certain peoples brains are simply wired for it, somehow. It's a requirement.
Some of us wind up there and we are not wired for it but find it difficult to leave it alone anyway. Refer the Hell's Kitchen expierment. Even when pulled out and put back on our feet in a clean state, we still find ways to relapse.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Some of us wind up there and we are not wired for it but find it difficult to leave it alone anyway. Refer the Hell's Kitchen expierment. Even when pulled out and put back on our feet in a clean state, we still find ways to relapse.
Agreed. It's a lifelong struggle.

For me, I found if I try to go too far, too extreme, in any direction, I'm so intolerable; ie. when I was a teetotaler. I make a good zealot. Because both ways are being a fiend.

The middle area is where I shoot for these day. Some people can drink, and not make it an issue, I salute that. Some can do the same even with cigarettes, or crack, perhaps. I cannot, unfortunately.

I look to navigate a middle road, and feel some success over the last decade. I'm certainly a work in progress, but I can live with that part. I'm not willing to live as a fanatic for the sake of a few more years in this world. Or for being in a rush to punch out, for that matter.

Just maintain the status quo. Win a few more battles, maybe.🥳
I consider everyday above ground a blessing.

The research there doing on psilocybin, is quit promising for these kinds of problems. Cause it fills the gap, it's non habit forming, and it's very safe.
This is where i studied my Neurology, up on Nelson 7, if I remember right, Ben Carson was the head of Neurology back in 1996-97 or so. It's cool there doing the research.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If we're getting all reality here I'll just be blunt... and don't think I haven't had my struggles either and I hold my self to this account because its what makes you put one foot in front of the other and without doing that you go nowhere.

It's starts out a temporary relief then it becomes a why not just have relief all the time fillowed byball about numbness, escape and avoidance.

Then ya hit the self worth destruct button and all of a sudden your not worth nor deserve any better and your decisions very much reflect this. Driven by guilt for what ya knew was a problem but didn't accept until your self worth is low enough that you don't deserve better nor is it worth trying to achieve better because yeah... your not worth it.

Followed by repercussions for you previous decisions that lead to self destruction that are now catching up. Usually by this point friends and family are alienated out of shame or debt to support the addiction.

Anyhow can see how the direction continues and the longer it goes the harder it is to pick your sorry for yourself ass up, put one foot in front of the other and don't look past the next step.

Slowly but surely you start to realize your view of yourself is all that's holding you down and you can start looking down the road to rebuilding and no longer need to put all your effort into one step at a time.

We can make excuses for ourselves or we can take ownership and control.

Can break that cycle early or can ride it all the way down and maybe not make it back to a single step.

But we are the only ones responsible for our success, failures, happiness and decisions. Fastest way out of any life shit storm is to gey the fuck up, face it step by step and put yourself on a path to self love so you don't end the fuck up back there.

I not a believer in excuses, they will only hold you back.

There is no such thing as I can't... only I won't.

Ok good talk ppls next preaching g will be Sunday. Don't forget to bring you $0.02 for the collection plate.

Night 🌙

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I guess what I'm trying to say is this; people are going to have vices. It's life. Find one's you enjoy; less harmful, if possible. Cigarettes' are addictive, cause man has created them to be especially so. That's the reality. Some things can be put down, by some. If not, there's the alternative. It' killed my grandfather, and he was a great guy. Bless his soul.

If you insist on holding your heart in your hand, do so with eyes wide open.

Once the damage is done, it's done. I have chronic migraines, not just from drugs, but from repeated head injuries, ear infections as a kid, growing up... Swimming in bad water, (pollution) it was the 70's, and pollution was everywhere, and I was often in it, to the neck up, as a 7-10 year old. Years of football., mountaineering, skiiing. Or sitting front row at Ted Nugent Concerts. My wife lives with her epilepsy. I see her over doing things all the time, and it's wrecking her. She needs to be held back. Ride the shortbus, whatever. She's had a recent shoulder replacement, (that took well) from falls on concrete, and has back problems. (prior fractures) I don't trust her sometimes, I have to reign her in. I. She goes to downtown Seattle or Lake City, like a trooper. I'm happy where I'm at in life, but I'm also brutally honest.

I want her functional for the next decade, at least. If possible.

I've put a Good decent, hardworking young friend in the ground earlier this year, cause he thought he had a handle on stuff; and none of us seen it coming. Crazy, just like that, gone. This man was talented, and generous. A Veteran. A talented musician.
10542002 1541554972741654 2917271299131004725 n 1

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I guess what I'm also saying, is enjoy things while you have it. Life is not a destination, it's a journey. None of it's guaranteed 100%,
It's part of being balanced, and that's always a good thing.

Much of life is about Homeostasis. Keeping that blood at 0.9% and ph 7.35-7.45. There are many things people can do to increase longevity. Having balanced approaches is one of them. Whichever side of the spectrum of lifespan you happen to fall within. We all have different vantagepoint, from which we view the world.

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

Interesting. Keep in mind the guy I got the spiked punch from hunted it from about 50 plants, ours is #13, so there is a strong possibility yours won't be quite the same as mine. How many plants have you got going?. He also saw a fair bit of variation in that one iirc. But for the pheno I grew I saw it start to purple around week 6 or 7 of flower
DB I only popped 6 seeds that 4 were female. I choose the one that I felt was the best one and I cloned and am flowering that plant. Yield is not great and I am starting to see the purples coming out start of week 7. Having some foxtailing issues but I have turned the lights down. I only ran base nutrients, Cal Mag and Silica so it was caused by lights. I have them turned down now. It is frosting up well but I will probably not run it again. The way I see it right now I will be lucky to get 1 1/2 per light

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Having issues doesn't mean you're a bad person, it just means you're like everyone else.
We all have issues, how do we handle them is the determining factor of the rest of our lives.
Agreed. Everyone's got issues. We either lay them out, or simply keep them concealed.

Both approaches have advantages, and pitfalls. Everyone knowing everything, can be turned against you, and nobody knowing, things get bottled up inside, and eventually need some sort of valve. That's where that balance thing I keep bringing up. It's where trust, and things like knowing what to throw out there, and what to hold back comes into play.

At the end of the day, you have to play out the cards that your given.

For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
DB I only popped 6 seeds that 4 were female. I choose the one that I felt was the best one and I cloned and am flowering that plant. Yield is not great and I am starting to see the purples coming out start of week 7. Having some foxtailing issues but I have turned the lights down. I only ran base nutrients, Cal Mag and Silica so it was caused by lights. I have them turned down now. It is frosting up well but I will probably not run it again. The way I see it right now I will be lucky to get 1 1/2 per light
1.5 per light isn't terrible. Most of the really good strains I find are weak producers. SP was not a huge producer for me either. But I just grow for me now and couldn't care any less about yield.
Sorry to hear it didn't live up to expectations. Fwiw, my buddy didn't keep 27 females of it either. There was really only true one winner in his hunt.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
1.5 per light isn't terrible. Most of the really good strains I find are weak producers. SP was not a huge producer for me either. But I just grow for me now and couldn't care any less about yield.
Sorry to hear it didn't live up to expectations. Fwiw, my buddy didn't keep 27 females of it either. There was really only true one winner in his hunt.
Agreed. do like taking in a nice haul, but more than anything, I'm interested in quality, and variety over quantity.
I recommend trying something like a prolific 8-9 week Kush, or other Heavy Indica, that's where I've always had the best luck. Good hauls, nice strong thick bud, easy to grow. I've certainly always had good luck with Blue Dream, and White Widow.

Unless you got really excellent control over the grow (darkness) parameter, I would steer clear of NL, or SD They can be diva's.
Size only happens when plants are fully engaged in later onset flowering, fully.

The web say's otherwise.
12 Highest Yielding Strains
  • Blue Dream. Blue Dream is widely considered one of the best overall strains in the United States. ...
  • White Widow. ...
  • Northern Lights. ...
  • Sour Diesel. ...
  • Cheese Quake. ...
  • Purple Trainwreck. ...
  • Super Silver Haze. ...
  • Green Gelato.
  • Critical Kush
  • Amnesia Haze

Barneys farm bubba kush
Last edited:
Rooke

Rooke

I guess what I'm trying to say is this; people are going to have vices. It's life. Find one's you enjoy; less harmful, if possible. Cigarettes' are addictive, cause man has created them to be especially so. That's the reality. Some things can be put down, by some. If not, there's the alternative. It' killed my grandfather, and he was a great guy. Bless his soul.

If you insist on holding your heart in your hand, do so with eyes wide open.

Once the damage is done, it's done. I have chronic migraines, not just from drugs, but from repeated head injuries, ear infections as a kid, growing up... Swimming in bad water, (pollution) it was the 70's, and pollution was everywhere, and I was often in it, to the neck up, as a 7-10 year old. Years of football., mountaineering, skiiing. Or sitting front row at Ted Nugent Concerts. My wife lives with her epilepsy. I see her over doing things all the time, and it's wrecking her. She needs to be held back. Ride the shortbus, whatever. She's had a recent shoulder replacement, (that took well) from falls on concrete, and has back problems. (prior fractures) I don't trust her sometimes, I have to reign her in. I. She goes to downtown Seattle or Lake City, like a trooper. I'm happy where I'm at in life, but I'm also brutally honest.

I want her functional for the next decade, at least. If possible.

I've put a Good decent, hardworking young friend in the ground earlier this year, cause he thought he had a handle on stuff; and none of us seen it coming. Crazy, just like that, gone. This man was talented, and generous. A Veteran. A talented musician.
View attachment 1180210
He looked happy the smile and eyes would make us all wanting to be friends with him sorry for your loss bro😞

Top Bottom