Dirtbag is poopin in a tent!! ⛺ Adventures with the Spiderfarmer SF4000

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

I only just chopped that plant and the other is still ripening in the tent. I've always felt embarrassed of my equipment and I always cause damage somehow. I have 4 timber cobs and a cheap 1500 Chinese qb and do fine. I really like to know that the genetics and stuff are worth my time and resources. I grow in coco with gh trio and calimag. I live in a mountain area with excellent h2o so I don't gave to ro my water
Nice job, and nothing to be embarrassed about, we all had to start somewhere...The main thing you got you some sweet grow! 👍 😎

Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
What initially caught my eye was your story. I saw the teachers and read about ptsd. In a nutshell I've lost 2 wives a military carrer and my job as a diesel technician all because of cannabis. The only thing that keeps me standing up and able to cope. This has been so therapeutic I don't think I could make you understand how much your kindness has helped me.s its the warmth I found on thc farmer that has kept me together. I still live in an illegal state and so I risk jail to grow in my basement but I'm not feeding the crime on the street. I'm not a bad person because I use cannabis. Thank you again for your kindness

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

What initially caught my eye was your story. I saw the teachers and read about ptsd. In a nutshell I've lost 2 wives a military carrer and my job as a diesel technician all because of cannabis. The only thing that keeps me standing up and able to cope. This has been so therapeutic I don't think I could make you understand how much your kindness has helped me.s its the warmth I found on thc farmer that has kept me together. I still live in an illegal state and so I risk jail to grow in my basement but I'm not feeding the crime on the street. I'm not a bad person because I use cannabis. Thank you again for your kindness
I hear ya, and tyvm for your kind words and for sharing, it's good to know that we're ALL making a better difference in someone's lives. We can't wait till Cannabis is totally legal in Hawaii, atm it's for Medicinal use only...We HOPE soon though! 👍 🤔😄

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Agreed, and thanks for sharing your story. I believe telling your hardest stories is important sometimes, clearly, as I do it probably too often about stuff some people would rather not hear.. here.

And yes, the farm is a very chill place most times. Just know we do sometimes get the odd jerk grace our threads from time to time, but our supermods usually straighten that shit out right quick.

Sorry to hear about the prohibition. Can't, even, fathom. I've had cannabis freedom for most of my adult life and it boggles my mind that in the 21st century some places are still punishing people for healing themselves however the fuck they want with cannabis. It's disgusting.

And as a free human being you have a spiritual obligation to defy the unjust law.

Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
Here we go, this will be my official review thread for the newest model of the Spiderfarmer SF4000 inside a 4x4 grow tent. My first time in a very long time growing in a tent... The units for this review were generously provided by @SpiderFarmerLED to run a cycle with and give the fine folks here at the farm my honest feedback on, and I plan to do my best to give this light every opportunity to live up to its potential. I'd like to extentd to them a big thanks.

The Light arrived very well packaged and I was pleasantly surprised to find the diode layout was not as I was expecting. Instead it's far more interesting with the diodes clustered in the corners as you will see in the pics. I expect this to greatly enhance the light spread.

I'll be starting up the grow in the next couple weeks hopefully if all goes to plan. Really excited for this one. The thread might be quiet for a while as I secure some clones, but I expect by early September we will be up and growing.

Some pics of the latest SF4000

External on/off, dimmer and daisy chain function.View attachment 1158684

Excellent Meanwell XLG 240 series driversView attachment 1158685

And this diode layout!! 😍View attachment 1158686View attachment 1158687

I'll be running it in a 4x4 tent with either 4 or 9 plants, using rockwool and dyna gro nutrients. Looking forward to this one.

This pic isn't mine, but it shows this thing lit up. Looks really, really interesting.

View attachment 1158690

Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
Wow I can't wait! I bought some panels a few months back to build a qb. I have 3 panels and am saving for a driver and ideas for a frame. These new qbs seem so effective. I started with a Mars h 600w blurple. I'm excited to watch this!

Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
I cant afford a sf. I bought 2 of these off ebay a Few months back in hopes of building one. Am I on the right track?. I built my cob light and was hoping to do a qb.

Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
Here's where I'm at. I been flushing her a few days. I'm not good with the microscope.
20210913 142708218

20210913 142728
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I cleaned up the branches and removed all the lower nodes, and topped each branch again to promote each one becoming 2 branches. Once each of those grow out 3 new nodes I'll double them all again. Couple more weeks we should be ready to get the party started.
20210914 175150

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
How do you trim? Scissors? I have seen aquamans brush, now i am curious what you do
Usually with my fingers lol. I trim as I smoke. But if I trim an oz to take somewhere I'll use bonsai shears.

Last day of summer folks. Soaking this day IN!!
Haven't had much time to update... been busy busy busy. My new business has grown bigger than me, faster than I thought it would. Picked up all the salting and snow removal contracts on the island last week! And snagged a 1 ton flat deck dually and a western wide out plow, also picked up a plow for my Kubota F3060 tractor. Snow and ice control this winter, and in the spring I'll split the business into 2 seperate residential and commercial divisions for property maintenance. Things are good.

I'll try to get a pic of the plant tonight though.

For now, some end of summer tunes.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Usually with my fingers lol. I trim as I smoke. But if I trim an oz to take somewhere I'll use bonsai shears.

Last day of summer folks. Soaking this day IN!!
Haven't had much time to update... been busy busy busy. My new business has grown bigger than me, faster than I thought it would. Picked up all the salting and snow removal contracts on the island last week! And snagged a 1 ton flat deck dually and a western wide out plow, also picked up a plow for my Kubota F3060 tractor. Snow and ice control this winter, and in the spring I'll split the business into 2 seperate residential and commercial divisions for property maintenance. Things are good.

I'll try to get a pic of the plant tonight though.

For now, some end of summer tunes.

You hit my era, I grew up on this, I went to every concert they were at in Vancouver. From the first time in the Gardens as back up to Cream. Then as the lead band in the Agradome with Iron Butterfly I think it was and onto the ?? big round building where the Canucks used to play off Haistings and Renfrew... at the PNE...lol brain fart memory lost.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You hit my era, I grew up on this, I went to every concert they were at in Vancouver. From the first time in the Gardens as back up to Cream. Then as the lead band in the Agradome with Iron Butterfly I think it was and onto the ?? big round building where the Canucks used to play off Haistings and Renfrew... at the PNE...lol brain fart memory lost.
I'm a bit jealous, Zeppelin was my #1 inspiration as a young guitar player, Jimmy's stoned out style of riffing is what I hear the most in my own playing, and that's no accident. Still to this day they're in my top 3 influences, I'd have to say along with the Beatles and funny enough, early Metallica

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Damn! 🤦‍♂️

Yesterday wasn't the first time I neglected to water, but I guess it's drinking more all of a sudden lol.

Maaaaaan.. guess I need to automate this bitch. Looks like I caught her just in time.

20210921 192331
Last edited:
Top Bottom