Love EJ... But I prefer the dry stuff.

Scratch in a little of this...

IMG 20201027 134625242

Water with a little of this...

IMG 20201027 134415421 HDR

And a little bit of this...

IMG 20201027 134917869

Homemade LABS.

Doesn't stink to me... But I also live on a farm... Like the kind with animals that shit all over... And a lot!

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Oh it set me back lol... And yeah man EJ! It is some OG shit.
It's older than a lot of peeps here on the farm! ❤🌱❤ That was I think THE only liquid organic fert available for a while here in the 90's. I remember completely ruining my first and only try at ebb and flow with EJ. And definitely not because of the EJ. It was all the talk back in the day and very heavy on ads in HT, if you wanted organic and that was way before current trends

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
It's older than a lot of peeps here on the farm! ❤🌱❤ That was I think THE only liquid organic fert available for a while here in the 90's. I remember completely ruining my first and only try at ebb and flow with EJ. And definitely not because of the EJ. It was all the talk back in the day and very heavy on ads in HT, if you wanted organic and that was way before current trends
Lol yep, I remember the high times ads... And you're right when I first used it, it was pretty much the only organic nutrient line I could find.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Love EJ... But I prefer the dry stuff.

Scratch in a little of this...

View attachment 1050139

Water with a little of this...

View attachment 1050142

And a little bit of this...

View attachment 1050147

Homemade LABS.

Doesn't stink to me... But I also live on a farm... Like the kind with animals that shit all over... And a lot!

I wish Canada didn't suck so bad for finding products. I have never seen that here anywhere. And I just found out yesterday that Ag Canada just recently banned imports of a whole pile of EJ stuff including xatylist. We can't even get it anymore.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Here is a cool thread some of you might like to thumb through, after reading this it sort of sealed the deal and finalized my decision to run the EJ again..

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Goat shit ?

Horse... But smokes more like Labrador

I wish Canada didn't suck so bad for finding products. I have never seen that here anywhere. And I just found out yesterday that Ag Canada just recently banned imports of a whole pile of EJ stuff including xatylist. We can't even get it anymore.

And I'd never seen liquid. Ha
Found on Amazon. FYI.

Odiesel

Odiesel

Here is a cool thread some of you might like to thumb through, after reading this it sort of sealed the deal and finalized my decision to run the EJ again..

dude i bought all the EJ stuff when i first started my grow up again this year. Wanted to do organics but letting my stuff brew all the time became too much of a hastle and i think i was not monitoring PH enough and my plants hated me for it. I blamed the EJ but i think they loved it while being fed. Still got a gallon of bloom, grow, micro, cata, meta K and some molasses. I went all in buying there stuff lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

this is really odd to me,i have never been able to smell my compost or worm crap in my house ever,but i can see in difrent zones you might,use bokashi as part of your feed regime,has two benifactors,first is the microbes that eat your compost and second it takes all smell away and deep,i plant compost scraps from table and sprinkle a little on the pile before covering with leaves and mix in the pile,no coons or possum go digging for it.
but hey pro mix aint bad either ,ive used it,i just dont care for how much it cost,i can buy a bail of peat moss and bag of ag lime and dolimite lime,do 1:1 mix of lime and then add 1 cup of lime for buffer in each 7 gal of peat and have my own pro mix add a little microbes and done,actually had that planned for last year ,my chest stopped that project
back on track,i am curiuos to see how the ozmocote works out for you guys,see this is my idea of science,not a book but hands on experience,good luck to both of yall

At $25 per 3.8 cf bale its not worth mixing my own. I just break it up and maybe add perlite in a rubbermaid bin in my veg room inside.

And its more compost based dry organic fertilizer i was worried about the smell of. Like dr. Earth or happy frog.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

At $25 per 3.8 cf bale its not worth mixing my own. I just break it up and maybe add perlite in a rubbermaid bin in my veg room inside.

And its more compost based dry organic fertilizer i was worried about the smell of. Like dr. Earth or happy frog.
might be 25 for you ,but shipped to my house is 80 bucks,can you say nope hahah,for 80 bucks i can buy all the amends to do four times the amount of that bail,i even tried a bulk deal with pro mix,they wouldnt give so i just make mine.
matter of fact i just finished re amending my mix from potato barrel ,i dont know why i thought it was full of coco,but it was full of peat moss mix,looking good too full worms and i didnt disturb them much,then took both barrel halves and layed them out for a onion bed this year and as usual the no good for nothing garden chick i hired 42 years ago didnt help hahah

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

might be 25 for you ,but shipped to my house is 80 bucks,can you say nope hahah,for 80 bucks i can buy all the amends to do four times the amount of that bail,i even tried a bulk deal with pro mix,they wouldnt give so i just make mine.
matter of fact i just finished re amending my mix from potato barrel ,i dont know why i thought it was full of coco,but it was full of peat moss mix,looking good too full worms and i didnt disturb them much,then took both barrel halves and layed them out for a onion bed this year and as usual the no good for nothing garden chick i hired 42 years ago didnt help hahah

Im a bit closer to canada. ;-)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Got them potted up into their preveg pots. Made a starting soil from one gallon of proterra with 10% worm castings, 1 tsp GG 4-4-4, and then added 1/2tsp raw microbes per pot.. Wet them all down with EJ grow at 1tsp/g along with 5ml fish sh!t.

I'll let them sit in these for a week or so while I prep the main room. Hopefully have the room full blown growin by next week.
I'm VERY curious to see how this goes. Felt very strange doing this lol... So little control and very loose measurements haha. I guess I'll just trust the process... I guess I'd feel better if this wasn't some random process I've made up on the fly but whatever...lol
20201031 145837

Also @Kanzeon I think a few of yours are gonna make it into this round too if I can get on top of the thrips.. What were all the small ones that you took a week early? They're all rooted, but I lost track of what was what by the time I got them home lol...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ive used the sample bottle i got all throughout my grow. Running out of it now and week 4 of flower. Thinking of picking some more up soon
Still don't need to add but maybe every few weeks once inoculated. Its more of a precaution they will reproduce in the soil so long as conditions are good and there is a food source. But like most things they don't make money if they tell ya this.

Top Bottom