Dirtbags Do-over... 🤪 Back to Organic!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Sacred Tree Organic Farms
Supporter
I used a high thc hash oil. 12 grams per cup of MCT oil and a tbsp of sunflower lecithin gives me roughly 35mg capsules.
I havent made them with plant matter in forever.

I dont cook it. I didnt feel the need to since im also supplementing feeding with Earth juice. The actual amount of dry organic nutrients i mixed in was relatively small. If i was doing a water only grow with heavily ammended soil id probably let it sit for a few days up to maybe a couple weeks after mixing before i planted into it. But i dont really think extended "cooks" are all that necessary. Get it wet, give it a little time for bacterial and fungal colonies to establish and start breaking down some food so your plant has something to eat when you plant it.
Nice okay, yeah the super soil is veryyyyy tricky tbh. Organic soil is still an option without the preamendmants.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Nice okay, yeah the super soil is veryyyyy tricky tbh. Organic soil is still an option without the preamendmants.

Agree. Partly why im not doing a supersoil. I feel that the hybrid approach of using a lighly fertilized soil mix, and organic "liquid sluge" bottled nutrients gives me a bit more ability to tailor the feed to what the plant needs.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

More water is more o2. Yes they perform respiration day and night but at extremely different rates.

Sure, but what I meant was that more water causes swollen vacuoles which gives plant cells their turgidity.

but you are totally right that the plants have no reason to hold their leaves out all turgid when they are not catching sunlight and that the change in turgidity also relates to the daily changes in the stomata, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sure, but what I meant was that more water causes swollen vacuoles which gives plant cells their turgidity.

but you are totally right that the plants have no reason to hold their leaves out all turgid when they are not catching sunlight and that the change in turgidity also relates to the daily changes in the stomata, if I remember correctly.
100% and thinking about that it could have to do with root pressure? Bit more water trapped in the leaves

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Sacred Tree Organic Farms
Supporter
Agree. Partly why im not doing a supersoil. I feel that the hybrid approach of using a lighly fertilized soil mix, and organic "liquid sluge" bottled nutrients gives me a bit more ability to tailor the feed to what the plant needs.
Never thought out that? That’s a good point! The super soil is seeming to be just a cheap option

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

Never thought out that? That’s a good point! The super soil is seeming to be just a cheap option

I ran well-amended ocean forest/happy frog with regular top dresses for my grow that’s entering late flower now, and two of four outran my amendment schedule and became deficient, forcing me to switch over to chelated nutes because I didn’t have time to let organic matter digest and become available.

With a strain/cut that you know the feeding habit of I can see dry-amended water-only organic being the easiest way by far. With any variety in the garden though, I wish I’d have had liquid organics I could tailor to each plant.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I ran well-amended ocean forest/happy frog with regular top dresses for my grow that’s entering late flower now, and two of four outran my amendment schedule and became deficient, forcing me to switch over to chelated nutes because I didn’t have time to let organic matter digest and become available.

With a strain/cut that you know the feeding habit of I can see dry-amended water-only organic being the easiest way by far. With any variety in the garden though, I wish I’d have had liquid organics I could tailor to each plant.

Yeah I had lots of similar mishaps with soil fed in containers. Now I like to always have a bottle of liquid organics on the shelf just incase I need it.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
This is seconds after lights on... "Organic soil".

IMG 20201123 0600066902

🤔

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
They start praying a little before lights on sometimes. Their circadian rhythm predicts it. I have some night vision time lapse of my plants doing it. The droop starts before lights off too. 👍

Interesting... Fast learners then... Was only the second time they'd been in the dark... Just flipped them, and I veg for 24hrs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom