Dirtbags Do-over... 🤪 Back to Organic!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Gotta tells ya, this platinum cookies was never my absolute favourite strain to smoke although it is pretty good. Very smooth, tasty and a nice high. But im sure gonna miss it for its reliable production of dense frosty nugs...View attachment 1056372

I really liked the Platinum cut... For sure one of the best GSC's.
My Buddy just offered these up to me... May not wait until spring to drop 'em and pop 'em.

Screenshot 20201123 1457392
Screenshot 20201123 1457262

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Those are some nice looking plants you shared earlier too @BudGoodman, What is your organic soil mix? How long you been running it like that? Looks like you got a good handle on things for sure. Those seed plants look remarkably uniform.

Thats actually something im noticing with my plants is reduced internodal stretching. All 9 strains are growing quite densly. Any plants ive grown before this are normally a LOT stretchier.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Those are some nice looking plants you shared earlier too @BudGoodman, What is your organic soil mix? How long you been running it like that? Looks like you got a good handle on things for sure. Those seed plants look remarkably uniform.

Thats actually something im noticing with my plants is reduced internodal stretching. All 9 strains are growing quite densly. Any plants ive grown before this are normally a LOT stretchier.

Thank you... Much appreciated coming from you.
I'm using a local soil straight from the bag.
IMG 20201027 134740432 HDR

Those plants had only received two half doses of grow nutes, and homemade LABS, but have been up-poted 2 times.
Last harvest was the first time I'd used this soil... And that was just a five plant run in this same 4x4 tent... Digging it though. Feels good to be supporting at least three local businesses too.
Anyhow, really isn't a water only mix... But good shit.

The plants I'm sure are about to get a lot less uniform when the stretching starts... They've been under 16 t5's in a different 4x4... That's why they're so stacked right now. 😎

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Nice, I can appreciate the local support attitude!

I think, im gonna flip these plants here tonight. Ill take a cut of each one first, somewhere mixed into the chronic mint tarts is a spiked punch i want, I just dont know which one it is yet so ill need to take more cuts than i need. Hopefully i figure it out before the cut needs a transplant.

Theyre a lot smaller than i normally flip, but i dont really need quite this much pot let alone more so im good with it. Plus, they may speed right up once i hit them with Co2. And, theyll be more concentrated under the two lights. So overall bud size should be a bit more uniform.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Alright, let the good times roll! Timer is set for 12/12 and ive got a nice looking batch of mom cuts on the go. Really looking forward to this one!

I also picked up another 20# Co2 tank for a song with some welding supplies, so i should be able to keep the gas on for most of the flower cycle, as long as it doesnt drain completely in under a week or two. Looking forward to finding out!

20201123 202332
TinkTHC

TinkTHC

Thats basically the objective. I want to maintain the population of beneficials in the media without causing an excessive bloom of bacteria. And yes the idea is that the beneficials bubbling in the res should break down a lot of the insoluble nutrients to readily available forms to supplement the nutrient demand.

But again, i dont fully comprehend all this stuff. Im just tring to apply as much as ive read that makes sense to me.
Do you predict a better product from this type of growing style? More product?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Still

not explaining yourself...Dirtbag!

I think I did... Tink!
Abuse! Plant abuse...poor things! What’s the problem with feeding your girls?

Lol, these got fed. They just didnt get harvested.

LOL 😆!!! Not a Dirtbag a Swampbag!!! LMAO!!!

Now i find that offensive! 🤣

Do you predict a better product from this type of growing style? More product?

I dont predict anything really. But the reason im growing this way is to grow a more natural plant, and hopefully a more flavorful one as well.

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

I think I did... Tink
You DID I just Didn’t see it, my fault.

Lol, these got fed. They just didnt get harvested.
You still abused them😩😩!!!!

Now i find that offensive! 🤣
No you don’t 😏!!!! find anything offensive!!

I dont predict anything really. But the reason im growing this way is to grow a more natural plant, and hopefully a more flavorful one as well.
At the beginning of any journey you have to predict something or set a goal! I’m hoping you do the same! You must focus on the genetics and expression. If you want flavor then you have to decide what flavor and then determine plant that gives you that flavor and buy that seed. The flavor has more to do with the genetics 🧬.(For a natural plant you have to research what a plant naturally feeds off of. Then go to natural resources.)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Some observations...

These seem about on point for 2 weeks of vegging. I think if i went 3 or 4 they would be close to what my promix plants were.

Second, soooo much less water consumption! Ive used about 1/3 of what my coco or hydro plants used and almost half what the promix and salt nutes used. Its awesome. Almost zero runoff, and i let them get real dry..

Third, the leaves seem a lot thicker. Like, a lot thicker. Really fat and papery, in a god way. Theyre just overall different

So yeah, a bit slower growing, but i think i like this method a lot lot so far.

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

Some observations...

These seem about on point for 2 weeks of vegging. I think if i went 3 or 4 they would be close to what my promix plants were.

Second, soooo much less water consumption! Ive used about 1/3 of what my coco or hydro plants used and almost half what the promix and salt nutes used. Its awesome. Almost zero runoff, and i let them get real dry..

Third, the leaves seem a lot thicker. Like, a lot thicker. Really fat and papery, in a god way. Theyre just overall different

So yeah, a bit slower growing, but i think i like this method a lot lot so far.
Pictures please.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
At the beginning of any journey you have to predict something or set a goal! I’m hoping you do the same! You must focus on the genetics and expression. If you want flavor then you have to decide what flavor and then determine plant that gives you that flavor and buy that seed. The flavor has more to do with the genetics 🧬.(For a natural plant you have to research what a plant naturally feeds off of. Then go to natural resources.)

I dont even know what to say man..

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Whatever the case.. They're up now lol.
View attachment 1059138

And not sure if this is the best idea.. But i figured ill keep my grain spawn jars in the grow shed header house since its not being used at the moment. Temp stays consistently around 23-25 celcius. And ive got a single t5 light set to come on for 8 hrs a day, around 3 feet over the jars. Not sure that it matters, but i read that they will colonize faster with a wee bit of light for 8-12 hrs a day.

Next time.. Ill put a bit more grain in the jars lol.
View attachment 1059139
Click the little arrow beside my name for pics I took yesterday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom