Dirtbags Do-over... 🤪 Back to Organic!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
At this point, as a city guy, i would explain that i regret it a lot but as a family man i have realized how much I need to look out for my health and taking care of my family and I just can't deal with the health hazards of showing up to work in such ludicrously unsafe conditions AND SO best of luck, it really sucks it has to end this way but there is no way I can look my wife in the eye and tell her it's worth risking my health to do this job at this time.

I say as a city guy bc this might be bridge burnt depending on the personalities in play.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Roof first,drainage last ax hole!!!
Lol, the funny part is the shop is built at the base of a slope of bedrock, there is no digging any drainage in the back of the shop without using a rock breaker on an excavator. It should have been done when it was built, the place has been leaking on the floor in the winter since the 90's, because there is no easy fix for that one.

The roof being completely rotten is the main issue, and its not my responsibility to replace it. They know its going to cost a fortune and have been afraid to spend the money with the future of the club being uncertain. Its struggling financially due to low membership numbers.

But now, lol, when they open that baby up its going to be way worse than it could have been if theyd just replaced the roof years ago like i recommended. I wont be surprised If the trusses and ceiling need to be replaced now, its probably just full of mold and rats up there. The roof and plywood sheething need to be replaced for sure.

If any kind of inspector gets dragged into this theyre fucked.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Lol, the funny part is the shop is built at the base of a slope of bedrock, there is no digging any drainage in the back of the shop without using a rock breaker on an excavator. It should have been done when it was built, the place has been leaking on the floor in the winter since the 90's. because there is no easy fix for that one.

The roof being completely rotten is the main issue, and its not my responsability to replace it. They know its going to cost a fortune and have been afraid to spend the money with the future of the club being uncertain. Its struggling financially due to low membership numbers.

But now, lol, when they open that baby up its going to be way worse than it could have been if theyd just replaced the roof years ago like i recommended. I wont be surprised If the trusses and ceiling need to be replaced now, its probabpy just full of mold and rats up there. The roof and plywood sheething need to be replaced for sure.

If any kind of inspector gets dragged into this theyre fucked.
How many employees? Sounds like a Union would be appreciated by that asshole boss... just saying we have a rep out there 😁

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
How many employees? Sounds like a Union would be appreciated by that asshole boss... just saying we have a rep out there 😁
Right now im the only employee from Nov to March. In the summer there is me and 2 other seasonal grounds workers.

I'm seperate from the clubhouse operations, they have a staff of about 4 people from March to October.

But yeah my boss is a board memeber. The board rotates members ever few years so they never know the whole story and are often ignorant to how things operate there. Ive had about 6 different bosses in the last 12 years and none of them know/knew what theyre talking about.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lol, oh yeah this is just one of 2 buildings that need a new roof. The equipment and fertilizer storage building also leaks like a sieve. Been asking for a roof for that one for a decade too.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Right now im the only employee from Nov to March. In the summer there is me and 2 other seasonal grounds workers.

I'm seperate from the clubhouse operations, they have a staff of about 4 people from March to October.

But yeah my boss is a board memeber. The board rotates members ever few years so they never know the whole story and are often ignorant to how things operate there. Ive had about 6 different bosses in the last 12 years and none of them know/knew what theyre talking about.
So im ot sure I should discuss this here but... did he terminate ya? I'm not sure you care to but I'm not half bad at making an employers life miserable when they fick over employees. If you care to know about all the rights you have (and there are soooo many more than most realize) shoot me a PM have some pretty big settlements i done. Can't represent ya but can definitely give you some info... not to be confused with advice lol... have to cover my ass there.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So im ot sure I should discuss this here but... did he terminate ya? I'm not sure you care to but I'm not half bad at making an employers life miserable when they fick over employees. If you care to know about all the rights you have (and there are soooo many more than most realize) shoot me a PM have some pretty big settlements i done. Can't represent ya but can definitely give you some info... not to be confused with advice lol... have to cover my ass there.

No, they wont fire me. Im the only person alive who knows anything about how the place operates, and its extremely complicated with a 40 year old irrigation system. Not to mention the agronomic aspects, and the fact that i hold the pesticide license for the club. If they piss me off enough they will be screwed should i decide to flip them the bird.
That text he sent took an awful lot of balls honestly. Because i could bury that place in a heartbeat.

Ill shoot you a PM.

Rooke

Rooke

Talk about a skeleton crew holy crap.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lol this is what my facebook feed looks like right now.

135544785 2854668911475273 3222112770437014520 o

134715566 10157552530036455 5938940750755759532 n

119939721 1291190751212574 6831341254545432360 n

Latest posts

Top Bottom