Dirtbags Do-over... 🤪 Back to Organic!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beluga

beluga

This is why I have Baphomet hanging in my garage and I cultivate a large muscled bearded angry dude look. It intimidates most people enough that they don't bother me - and it helps invite the assumption that I'm large and stupid. You can learn a lot from that posture.
Always fostered the 'crazy gypsy who doesn't care if he dies' look, myself... haven't seen my bare chin since I was 16...

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

Anyone into the darker stuff?

Ok seriously though, I did go through a phase where I just continually searched for the most oppressive, evil music possible. I never got into straight up death metal, tech death, grind, etc though. I did spend some time into deathcore like Suicide Silence, Whitechapel, JFAC before I started moving towards less conventional stuff. That road took me first to Meshuggah, then to Dillinger, then to The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, then Gaza (maybe the darkest here) and Car Bomb.

I’m mostly out of that part of my life and I usually listen to light funky stuff for enjoyment these days, but I still love all of the above and I’m really listening a lot to newer hardcore like Gulch, Drain, Jesus Piece, Mindforce, etc lately.

edit: officially tagging bellumromanum whenever I get my deadlift to two plates LOL. Give it a few more weeks.

beluga

beluga

I look like an aging hipster with long hair, a beard, and a totally indeterminate race lol. Total mutt. Used to try to blend into my surroundings more but now I just dgaf. Just want to look healthy and unassuming.
Yeah, my dad is 8 different kinds of Slavic, some of which came from indo-aryan regions (Carpathian/Romani). Mom is Scottish and German.
So, I defs got that mutt look, myself. Wish I had some of that Latin/Taino blood...

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Ok seriously though, I did go through a phase where I just continually searched for the most oppressive, evil music possible. I never got into straight up death metal, tech death, grind, etc though. I did spend some time into deathcore like Suicide Silence, Whitechapel, JFAC before I started moving towards less conventional stuff. That road took me first to Meshuggah, then to Dillinger, then to The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, then Gaza (maybe the darkest here) and Car Bomb.

I’m mostly out of that part of my life and I usually listen to light funky stuff for enjoyment these days, but I still love all of the above and I’m really listening a lot to newer hardcore like Gulch, Drain, Jesus Piece, Mindforce, etc lately.

edit: officially tagging bellumromanum whenever I get my deadlift to two plates LOL. Give it a few more weeks.

It's interesting my musical choice has also followed where I was in life until a few years back. I kind of see it this way - for years I was hiding from my inner darkness, I thought the light was what made you good. Then I spent several years lost in hardcore addiction married to my darkness with no light in sight.

I've now spent nearly a decade clean and I have a family and two little girls - but I'm at peace with and in touch with my darkness. I appreciate the strength it can give me and I tap into it when I need to flip the switch on the platform or in the gym.

The Baphomet tapestry is ironic and amusing far more than anything else.

Not sure what point I'm trying to make here other than that I can connect with the very dark and powerful stuff the same way I can with the light uplifting stuff at this point in my life and I have a large musical range although I prefer the metal.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
It's interesting my musical choice has also followed where I was in life until a few years back. I kind of see it this way - for years I was hiding from my inner darkness, I thought the light was what made you good. Then I spent several years lost in hardcore addiction married to my darkness with no light in sight.

I've now spent nearly a decade clean and I have a family and two little girls - but I'm at peace with and in touch with my darkness. I appreciate the strength it can give me and I tap into it when I need to flip the switch on the platform or in the gym.

Not sure what point I'm trying to make here other than that I can connect with the very dark and powerful stuff the same way I can with the light uplifting stuff at this point in my life and I have a large musical range although I prefer the metal.
When I started to be able to touch the energy that caused so much anger for me as a younger person and find that, even if I could not harness it, i need not fear it....that was really huge for me.

I think of it as masculine energy in my head but that's just a silly vector I use to tie things together i think. Idk. Silly or not, as far as I can tell....it's how I'm wired.

Anyway this has really drifted sorry @Dirtbag .

beluga

beluga

It's cool how the further you look into the 'dark' side, the more it's all about egalitarianism and acceptance of everyone for whatever they bring to the table. I've been donating to The Satanic Temple for about five years now because I absolutely love what they represent.

edit: Honestly, your 'baphomet' titled was what drew me in. The muscles and grow setup kept me there.

I'll add to the apologies, @Dirtbag. Feel like I might have been the hijacking conductor ramping this train off the tracks, Dukes of Hazzard style... doing donuts in the mud... finally ending up in a pond where everyone has to jump ship... I got too much damn time at work.

Last edited:
bellumromanum

bellumromanum

When I started to be able to touch the energy that caused so much anger for me as a younger person and find that, even if I could not harness it, i need not fear it....that was really huge for me.

I think of it as masculine energy in my head but that's just a silly vector I use to tie things together i think. Idk. Silly or not, as far as I can tell....it's how I'm wired.

Anyway this has really drifted sorry @Dirtbag .
It's cool how the further you look into the 'dark' side, the more it's all about egalitarianism and acceptance of everyone for whatever they bring to the table. I've been donating to The Satanic Temple for about five years now because I absolutely love what they represent.

edit: Honestly, your 'baphomet' titled was what drew me in. The muscles and grow setup kept me there.

Thanks guys couldn't agree more with both of you. Satanism in general isn't what people think it is. I don't practice anything like that but I couldn't be more aligned with the acceptance of value in the community.

And you're right we should stop hijacking @Dirtbag s thread now. All love big guy I'm here cause it's fun to watch you grow :)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lol no worries fellas. Ive enjoyed reading it.

Quick update on the plants. So far, so good.
They are certainly perky and happy looking. Great color. Growing slow so far but that was to be expected. Its only been a few days and i expect theyre doing a lot of growing below the soil line still. Sitting about 30" under 1500w of MH right now.

Sky cuddler got cut from the pic but its looking better also.
20201112 090610

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Lol no worries fellas. Ive enjoyed reading it.

Quick update on the plants. So far, so good.
They are certainly perky and happy looking. Great color. Growing slow so far but that was to be expected. Its only been a few days and i expect theyre doing a lot of growing below the soil line still. Sitting about 30" under 1500w of MH right now.

Sky cuddler got cut from the pic but its looking better also.View attachment 1054788

Looking slick bro. I just ordered a few fabric pots so I can start running supplemental plants in with my main crop - look for new keepers and add a little variety. I've only used SIPs so far though so it's new territory. Are these 5g? And will they be the final home for these ladies?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Looking slick bro. I just ordered a few fabric pots so I can start running supplemental plants in with my main crop - look for new keepers and add a little variety. I've only used SIPs so far though so it's new territory. Are these 5g? And will they be the final home for these ladies?
These are 3 gal, and yeah theyre the final pots. I dont like to take plants out of fabric pots until theyre done. Tears the roots up too much.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Geo pot and grassroots make good velcro ones. I used to start in plastic and end in fabric now I run fabric all the way through.

Ive found with fabric pots i can just put clones straight into the final pots without any need for transplanting. Even gone straight from rooted rapid rooter into 7 gallon pots with nothing but extremely rapid growth.

So you start in small fabrics, remove the pot and transplant into bigger fabrics?

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

First things first: For the metalheads. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't get much darker than Deathspell Omega. Uber-Satanic progressive black metal.

Also I've seen Deafheaven live 3 or 4 times, and they're not that different than a lot of the USBM bands onstage. I've also been a fan since the beginning, and it got me through some breakups so there's that nostalgic feel to it.

3g fabric pots and Gaia Green nutes FTW, as well. Looking good Dirtbag!

Top Bottom