Dirtbags Do-over... 🤪 Back to Organic!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Call me bias but this community is one of the best at working together, communicating, debating and trying to find the right answer, most other communities that just throw mud pies trying to force thier agenda.

Plenty of great open minds here and I feel it makes it easier to discuss things without worry of shit show.

Agreed. This site is an excellent place to have these discussions. We are never going to all agree on everything and there is a lot of wacky ideas to sort through. But i think we are mostly all pretty logical folks, and everyones input helps us all to sort out fact from fiction.

Im not the type that will keep doing something if i find a better way, or discover that my way is nonsensical, or just doesnt work for me for whatever reason. But i usually need to make those determinations based on my own trial and error, in addition to considering other peoples ideas on the subject.

Anthem

Anthem

Interesting Topic to say the least. Heavy metals, organic and in organic materials could all be considered to be a possible problem for the user. A side note of interest, fish in the ocean. Say a large 300 pound Blue Fin Tuna is not really all that great for people to consume. Why, well it has to do with things like Mercury building up in the meat. It comes from the food the fish eats and accumulates, meaning the more sardines that 300 pound tune eats the more mercury it is exposed to and if you eat the fish the more mercury you are consuming. Heavy metals, one of the worst is lead is especially dangerous for youth people, that are still growing. When you body is growing it will grab on to any metals it can fined to use as building blocks in such things are out brains.
Lets not forget about Asbestos, organic but not so good for humans.

beluga

beluga

And yet,
We used lead for thousands of years and the jury is out on weather or not that actually impacted our life expectancy and health as much as some studies have found it to.
I'd take lead over some of these whackadoo pesticides any day.
In fact, my house is full of the shit. Can't get colors like that anymore...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Man i just reread this thread from page 48 on, and it was better the second time around. Really want to thank @Aqua Man, @MIMedGrower, @beluga, @BudGoodman, @Milson, @TinkTHC, @tomatoesarecooltoo @greenscholar @Anthem and anyone else I missed for adding to that discussion. Those are exactly the kind of roundtable discussions that i really learn from. And not even just learn, I find myself questioning my motivations and digging for the truth. Whatever that happens to be.

Especially appreciate it since Im the one who is entrenched in this "fauxganic" style of growing at the moment. 🤣

I just hope the smoke comes out smokeable at the very least, but im hopeful that it could be great. And if it is, its easy enough I could see myself sticking with it.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I must say, they seem happy.
20201119 170207

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They look right on point. Leaves are nice and flat little V near the tops, nice even color couldn't ask for better. Some reason I have a gut feeling this is going to be a fabulous grow and a much less stressful one also. Then I want to hear about the quality.

Any co2 yet?

Stop the press!

is co2 in a man made burner or tank organic?!?!?!

:-)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
other arguments aside they really grow differently with organic nutrients than chemical. I saw it with water only veg in potting soil vs. dyna grow foliage pro and pro mix hp.

I think the difference may be explained by the go then pause then go nature of organic feeding vs. the instant uptake and action of chemical salts.

Absolutely. Coco or soiless/hydro whatever is a constant supply and not the stop start like you said. I think there is other things going on too, I really see it during the dark cycles. Hydro or coco grown leaves will move around a lot, but these organic plants look fukin dead during the dark cycle their leaves are so droopy. I attribute it to water and sugars moving out of the plant at night to negotiate with the microbes for food. The leaves droop harder at night than in any other grow method ive tried. But as soon as the lights come on, they perk up immediately and look totally fine. Its really unusual.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
They look right on point. Leaves are nice and flat little V near the tops, nice even color couldn't ask for better. Some reason I have a gut feeling this is going to be a fabulous grow and a much less stressful one also. Then I want to hear about the quality.

Any co2 yet?

Not going to add that until week 2 or so of flower. As soon as I see buds forming ill let it loose for as long as it lasts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom