Dirtbags Do-over... 🤪 Back to Organic!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Michealangelo

Michealangelo

Exactly. But you will still benefit from the trichoderma and Bacillus amyll.. BA. Organic fertilizer is mostly useless without microbes to break it down and feed it to the plant in exchange for root exudate.

I like the analogy of Organic being like the equivalent of eating a whole foods diet, whereas chelated nutrients are essentially like having a feeding tube delivering soylent green straight to the guts. With chelated nutes the plant doesnt have a choice to take up the nutrients, theyre going in if you need them or not, barring a lockout situation and ratios are balanced and complete. With organic the plant will only take up what it needs, presuming the soil contains the right balance of organic nutrients and microbiology.

And to add to the whole food vs soylent comparison, the feeding tube bypasses the digestive enzymes from saliva in the mouth that normally initiates the digestion of real foods. Just like chelated nutrients bypass the digestive microbes in the soil.

I'll be honest, I think all the mushrooms are helping me out here 🤣
Definitely sounds like it lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Its been 72hrs without smoking anything, ciggies or doobies. Im actually surprised at how smoothly this is going. First time Ive ever quit cold turkey, no patches, no gum, no zyban, nothing other than a stiff dose of mushrooms taken with intention.

Had a bit of the cold sweats yesterday, but otherwise no noticable withdrawl symptoms coming off a pack a day habit. No cravings at all. Feckin weird man...

I think ill be leaving the weed on the shelf until thus crop is finished.

Speaking of.. theyre comin along nicely... Definitely in the heat of the stretch now, theyre gaining serious height.
20201208 173344

Homesteader

Homesteader

Soil respiration is very real and capable of producing huge amounts of CO2 if you have the correct ratio of nutrients to feed your microbes. You actually only need large amounts of Carbon in your soil and a Carbon, Nitrogen and Phosphorus in a ratio of 50:10:01. It has very little to do with the plant respiration.

I run a sealed room also and its not your soil making the majority of the co2 its the plant respiration.

amekins

amekins

Its been 72hrs without smoking anything, ciggies or doobies. Im actually surprised at how smoothly this is going. First time Ive ever quit cold turkey, no patches, no gum, no zyban, nothing other than a stiff dose of mushrooms taken with intention.

Had a bit of the cold sweats yesterday, but otherwise no noticable withdrawl symptoms coming off a pack a day habit. No cravings at all. Feckin weird man...

I think ill be leaving the weed on the shelf until thus crop is finished.

Speaking of.. theyre comin along nicely... Definitely in the heat of the stretch now, theyre gaining serious height.View attachment 1065540
Great job! They look huge!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Great job man! You're so close to one week! From there imo it gets a little easier day by day.
Thanks Milson. Its incredible how calm i've remained since i quit. And i havent had a single craving which im pretty damn surprised about to tell you the truth. But what i AM getting plenty of is some unusual body feelings, tingling extremeties, minor tremors and shakes, headaches etc. But none of that is making me want a smoke, its the opposite.

Im stoked i had the chance to take that trip, as uncomfortable as it was. No doubt in my mind, it reset the ol' thinker.🧠

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Thanks Milson. Its incredible how calm i've remained since i quit. And i havent had a single craving which im pretty damn surprised about to tell you the truth. But what i AM getting plenty of is some unusual body feelings, tingling extremeties, minor tremors and shakes, headaches etc. But none of that is making me want a smoke, its the opposite.

Im stoked i had the chance to take that trip, as uncomfortable as it was. No doubt in my mind, it reset the ol' thinker.🧠
No doubt dude. If you feel like it worked then I bet it did something chemically.

The biggest withdrawal effect for me (the) last time was my thoughts just being SCREAMED at me in my head. Like I would have bouts of just run through a wall intensity for no reason. Loud thoughts, clenching my fist, grinding my teeth....really wanting to punch something.

That and chills.

beluga

beluga

Have a look into some of the Johns Hopkins studies on psilocybin and addiction therapy. It's pretty remarkable, the success that psychedelics have with resetting those chemical triggers associated with addiction. Indigenous/ancient cultures have also been utilizing it for probably thousands of years... those native to the Americas who remain still have the legacy of the custom and at least mescaline treatment is really common and successful on reservations where alcoholism is rampant... I believe ayahuasca and psilocybin mushrooms are used similarly in Central/South America.
The physical stuff, of course, is your body regulating itself to run without a usual input. Kinda like a hangover.

Either way... 🤘😤🤘!!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Have a look into some of the Johns Hopkins studies on psilocybin and addiction therapy. It's pretty remarkable, the success that psychedelics have with resetting those chemical triggers associated with addiction. Indigenous/ancient cultures have also been utilizing it for probably thousands of years... those native to the Americas who remain still have the legacy of the custom and at least mescaline treatment is really common and successful on reservations where alcoholism is rampant... I believe ayahuasca and psilocybin mushrooms are used similarly in Central/South America.
The physical stuff, of course, is your body regulating itself to run without a usual input. Kinda like a hangover.

Either way... 🤘😤🤘!!

Absolutely, ive done a lot of reading about the subject in terms of treating other conditions but hadnt really ever thought to target smoking with it.

Im definitely experiencing the physical symptoms of withdrawl which honestly i can handle. I can deal with the physical discomfort. Its always been the mental withdrawl symptoms that have stopped me from quitting, and so far this has been a piece of cake mentally.

Not out of the woods yet though.. Only been 3 days. But I gotta say - for day 3, I feel good. Committed.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
No doubt dude. If you feel like it worked then I bet it did something chemically.

The biggest withdrawal effect for me (the) last time was my thoughts just being SCREAMED at me in my head. Like I would have bouts of just run through a wall intensity for no reason. Loud thoughts, clenching my fist, grinding my teeth....really wanting to punch something.

That and chills.

I hear that. I always hold myself together around the family but sometimes at work while quitting smoking in the past i would be pulling wrenches or something and hurt myself somehow, and just fly off into a rage, (mainly since i work alone, no witnesses.. ) Smash a bucket or something cheap and easy to destroy. Was never pretty and always a personal let down to myself. The waves of intense irritability and periods of rage are how quitting normally goes for me. So pretty cool that this time isnt like that..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Soil respiration is very real and capable of producing huge amounts of CO2 if you have the correct ratio of nutrients to feed your microbes. You actually only need large amounts of Carbon in your soil and a Carbon, Nitrogen and Phosphorus in a ratio of 50:10:01. It has very little to do with the plant respiration.
Hmm are you saying the carbon in the soil produces co2?

I dont agree but always open to what ya have to say. Can you provide me some info here on how your nutrients affect this?

Homesteader

Homesteader

Hmm are you saying the carbon in the soil produces co2?

I dont agree but always open to what ya have to say. Can you provide me some info here on how your nutrients affect this?

The Carbon doesn't produce the CO2 by itself but it is broken down and converted by microbes and they create CO2 as they "breathe". You give the right ratio of C:N and you can create a massive amount of CO2. I have studied this quite a bit through the work of both Dr Brinton from Solvita and Dr Haney who came up with the Haney soil test. I have done a lot of experimentation with various soil inputs and a sealed room in the past.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The Carbon doesn't produce the CO2 by itself but it is broken down and converted by microbes and they create CO2 as they "breathe". You give the right ratio of C:N and you can create a massive amount of CO2. I have studied this quite a bit through the work of both Dr Brinton from Solvita and Dr Haney who came up with the Haney soil test. I have done a lot of experimentation with various soil inputs and a sealed room in the past.

Has you see how long it takes carbon to break down in soil? Are you talking carbon fixing bacteria? That take carbon from the air?

Yeah soil respiration produces co2 but not near enough for the plants in pots and rooms we use. Again I think this is taking a concept and making more of it than it is... if that was the case you could seal up a room and not have to supplement co2 and thats just not the case. Now there are ways to produce co2 with microbes but not soil respiration.

If thats the case global warming should be blamed on the soil that covers the earth

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Most of the carbon in the world is stored in soils so a direct relationship has to do with soil carbon content and atmospheric co2. But this cannot be translated into our pots in a grow room.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Has you see how long it takes carbon to break down in soil? Are you talking carbon fixing bacteria? That take carbon from the air?

Yeah soil respiration produces co2 but not near enough for the plants in pots and rooms we use. Again I think this is taking a concept and making more of it than it is... if that was the case you could seal up a room and not have to supplement co2 and thats just not the case. Now there are ways to produce co2 with microbes but not soil respiration.

If thats the case global warming should be blamed on the soil that covers the earth

Don't take it personally but you are wrong. Why would you say something is not possible if you have never tried?
I have run sealed rooms for several years using living soil to produce the majority of my rooms CO2 from start to finish. The only times I need gas is later in flower when I don't want to add any extra Nitrogen.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I am also pretty sure that living soil would contribute significantly to the co2 in the room. Compost producers measure the co2 in their rows to decide when to turn because the amount of co2 released can block out oxygen suffocating aerobes. Or if you compare to those exhale bags, which just are a bag of decomposing carbon, much smaller than your soil.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What do microbes feed on? Do you know?
They feed on Carbon, Nitrogen and Phos. That is it.
Don't take it personally but you are wrong. Why would you say something is not possible if you have never tried?
I have run sealed rooms for several years using living soil to produce the majority of my rooms CO2 from start to finish. The only times I need gas is later in flower when I don't want to add any extra Nitrogen.
Depends on the plants and growth rates but I just don't see it as possible... I think greenhouses and many LPS would take advantage.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I am also pretty sure that living soil would contribute significantly to the co2 in the room. Compost producers measure the co2 in their rows to decide when to turn because the amount of co2 released can block out oxygen suffocating aerobes. Or if you compare to those exhale bags, which just are a bag of decomposing carbon, much smaller than your soil.
They are independent gases cannot block eachother out but co2 produced will tell you roughly how much o2 has been consumed thus giving a good idea of when the soil is anaerobic.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What do microbes feed on? Do you know?
They feed on Carbon, Nitrogen and Phos. That is it.
Since i obviously don't have a clue about microbes. Can you explain how reducing nitrogen reduces microbes?

Do you know how bacteria consume or convert nutrients? Can you explain that to me?

Top Bottom