Dirtbags Do-over... 🤪 Back to Organic!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beluga

beluga

Man, the more I reflect on and progress through my life, the more I realize I'm just addictive.
The chemical/physical inputs can definitely exasperate it and I guess it's just kind of lucky that I'm also a bit masochistic and like to suffer a bit...
But what I really notice is that the discipline is what it really comes down to... for me.
I will be addicted to something. Obsessing over something. Manic about something. I will have something consume me as I consume every bit of it I can.
It's just a matter of channeling that into positive outlets and developing routines that I don't get overwhelmingly preoccupied with...

...like discussion forums about things that I have to manage my addiction of...

This might sound a bit like downplaying peoples' addictions and their specific ability to manage them... but I certainly don't intend it that way.
I really do think that us addictive ones just have a makeup about us that designates us to be obsessive about our routines and habits.
And I think mindset is perhaps the most powerful tool in morphing that predisposition into something beneficial... or at least not detrimental.
Once you break through what your body has learned to demand enough times, I think that, too, can become something that you can make a routine. Something you can moderate and enjoy as your body can handle it.

Of course it's different for everyone and no one will have the same experience. I just find that the black/white approach to substance abuse is a bit... I dunno. Limited? But maybe that's the point and maybe what my point is is only relevant for me.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Man, the more I reflect on and progress through my life, the more I realize I'm just addictive.
The chemical/physical inputs can definitely exasperate it and I guess it's just kind of lucky that I'm also a bit masochistic and like to suffer a bit...
But what I really notice is that the discipline is what it really comes down to... for me.
I will be addicted to something. Obsessing over something. Manic about something. I will have something consume me as I consume every bit of it I can.
It's just a matter of channeling that into positive outlets and developing routines that I don't get overwhelmingly preoccupied with...

...like discussion forums about things that I have to manage my addiction of...

This might sound a bit like downplaying peoples' addictions and their specific ability to manage them... but I certainly don't intend it that way.
I really do think that us addictive ones just have a makeup about us that designates us to be obsessive about our routines and habits.
And I think mindset is perhaps the most powerful tool in morphing that predisposition into something beneficial... or at least not detrimental.
Once you break through what your body has learned to demand enough times, I think that, too, can become something that you can make a routine. Something you can moderate and enjoy as your body can handle it.

Of course it's different for everyone and no one will have the same experience. I just find that the black/white approach to substance abuse is a bit... I dunno. Limited? But maybe that's the point and maybe what my point is is only relevant for me.

addicts would like to believe addiction is not black and white.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Week 2 of flower, things are looking good.
Ive worked out a sysyem of mixing new nutes as soon as im done watering, and that allows the next batch to be ready by the next watering.
Havent touched my ec pen since week 1, and havent touched my ph pen in a couple weeks. Havent measured runoff numbers even once. Havent had to dump a drop of runoff either. This has been the most low maintenance grow ive done since i can remember.
Watering is every other day at this stage. 20 gallons for 20 plants with little to no runoff.

20201210 120946
20201210 121000

Clones are also lookin happy..
20201210 124839

Last edited:
beluga

beluga

addicts would like to believe addiction is not black and white.
Quite true.
I would like to believe that and I'm an addict through and through and that's definitely how I feel. I've been on or actively-off of pretty much everything short of opiates since ~13 years... if I'm not an addict, I've really botched killing myself.
I know for many, it absolutely is and needs to be black and white or else the shades of grey turn into a dark cloud that consumes them.
But I also see them suffer day in and out, with or without their vice... and it just seems.. I dunno. There's gotta be another way. And I've seen first hand personally and objectively that there can be.
I know for many it's giving themselves up to a higher power. For many it's a strict repulsion of their vice and the more absolutist disease mentality. But, for me (and some of those close to me), it's largely mindset because I know I'll never be over my addictive personality. My higher power is my intention... and I think it can be other people's, too.

Aaaanyway.
Plants lookin' mad lovely, dirt!
And good shit on not smoking - whichever way works for you.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks @beluga. Day 5 smoke free today, and still feeling fine. Im blown away at what those mushies did to my head man.. No cravings for almost a week now. Mood is great. Super weird.

And on the plant front, also thanks! Loving how theyre just kinda growing themselves...

And agree wholeheartedly on the addiction front with both you and MiMed.
I get that its black and white in the sense that you either do something or you dont. But i also think that there are a lot of other factors involved. Like beluga and probably many others here ive been addicted to nearly everything, except for me not meth or pills. Ive always been more of a plant based drugs kinda guy...
But i know my addiction has nothing or little to do with any particular substance, and everything to do with my addictive personality.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Quite true.
I would like to believe that and I'm an addict through and through and that's definitely how I feel. I've been on or actively-off of pretty much everything short of opiates since ~13 years... if I'm not an addict, I've really botched killing myself.
I know for many, it absolutely is and needs to be black and white or else the shades of grey turn into a dark cloud that consumes them.
But I also see them suffer day in and out, with or without their vice... and it just seems.. I dunno. There's gotta be another way. And I've seen first hand personally and objectively that there can be.
I know for many it's giving themselves up to a higher power. For many it's a strict repulsion of their vice and the more absolutist disease mentality. But, for me (and some of those close to me), it's largely mindset because I know I'll never be over my addictive personality. My higher power is my intention... and I think it can be other people's, too.

Aaaanyway.
Plants lookin' mad lovely, dirt!
And good shit on not smoking - whichever way works for you.
For me it's a fetishization, mentally. I get obsessed with the idea of it or even how it's bad and I'm getting away with something....or doing something i shouldn't be. Idk. And for me it was seriously computer games as much as anything else. I break out into a sweat when i think about the crimp of wasd or qwer. Shivers as i write this. Weird, right? With a console i am fine.

beluga

beluga

For me it's a fetishization, mentally. I get obsessed with the idea of it or even how it's bad and I'm getting away with something....or doing something i shouldn't be. Idk. And for me it was seriously computer games as much as anything else. I break out into a sweat when i think about the crimp of wasd or qwer. Shivers as i write this. Weird, right? With a console i am fine.
I get the same thing around ARPGs... guh.. man, can I not control losing my life on them. And, same - I have to be stationed at the desktop to fall into that.
But as I've grown from oxen to ox, I also have this streak of being too stubborn to be held down by those things. Or to need anything.. which... that behavior in and of itself can turn obsessive and lead me into some pretty nasty behaviors... like weird food habits or not taking medicine or doing arduous tasks without protective gear to the point I'm blistered and bleeding where I could have just worn gloves or shoes.

Brains are weird. Domestication is bitch sometimes...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Cleaning out the old gun safe and found a few of my old marlin 444 rounds. These were handloads with homemade 265 grain gaschecked cast lead bullets. Boy did that gun ever annoy the other shooters on the line. It was obnoxious to stand beside.

Always thought it was a neat round with its rimmed case with no neck. Overkill for anything I hunted though. Next to a .22lr it looks like a monster.
20201212 192036

Room still looks happy. Need to get in there and pull a few more leaves tomorrow.
20201212 114520

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Cleaning out the old gun safe and found a few of my old marlin 444 rounds. These were handloads with homemade 265 grain gaschecked cast lead bullets. Boy did that gun ever annoy the other shooters on the line. It was obnoxious to stand beside.

Always thought it was a neat round with its rimmed case with no neck. Overkill for anything I hunted though. Next to a .22lr it looks like a monster.View attachment 1066884

Room still looks happy. Need to get in there and pull a few more leaves tomorrow.View attachment 1066885
What do you hunt with those rounds even? Huge!

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

Always thought it was a neat round with its rimmed case with no neck. Overkill for anything I hunted though. Next to a .22lr it looks like a monster.View attachment 1066884

Room still looks happy. Need to get in there and pull a few more leaves tomorrow.View attachment 1066885
ThTs the dirtbag I know. Fucking stellar work brother.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Yup that is a fun round to shoot for sure, couple years ago was in Texas with my son, we went to a shooting range and shot every hand gun they had, Its quite a few lol , anyhow they had a desert eagle 50cal. their. that was fun as hell, but it was like 2 or 3 bucks a round to shoot

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I used it for moose and Elk, but it was overkill for that. Its suitable for blackbear and smaller brownbears, Elk, Moose, Bison, small block chevys.. Pretty much anything in North America. I had it mainly for hunting and camping in the interior where there are a lot of bears.
Thats pretty much an elephant isn't it lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thats pretty much an elephant isn't it lol
Weeeellll... not really, its not even recommended for grizzly bears. Im sure It could probably kill either but there are better bullets for quickly stopping animals that size. Not that Id ever kill an elephant or Grizzly bear unless it was trying to kill me. But i always felt fairly well protected carrying the 444 levergun in the backcountry. Shame we arent allowed to carry sidearms in the bush...

Top Bottom