Dirtbags Do-over... 🤪 Back to Organic!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Getting close. Ill probably give these another week or so. Some real nice phenos in here, the spiked punch and wedding crasher look really nice, very dense buds. And the 4 star is my favourite smelling plant at the moment. It has a classic chemdog funk. Certainly smaller buds, but its frosting up nice and looking chunky in here. First 2 pics are the spiked punch and last one is the 4 star general. Buds are all lower mids cause the lights are on, i find i get better pics under the canopy with the flash. Ill snag a lights out pic of the whole garden before chop hopefully lol.
20210116 141617
20210116 141558
20210116 141639

I figure ill give these another week or so which should put them in week 10 give or take a few days. Havent really been counting lol.

Starting to think about the next one, and barring this crop blowing my socks off in the flavour dept, I think im going back to automated, and either using rockwool or coco again.. just havent decided which. Definitely a bit of ping pong action in my garden over the last year but im getting close to settling in on a system here i think.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Beautiful!
Nice work!
Thanks Bud. Honestly i dont feel like ive done any work with this crop whatsoever lol. Hit them with food and water every few days and thats about it. I dont think i have ever paid less attention to a crop in my entire life. And they dont seem much worse for wear. But the yield from this system is lacking. Im leaning heavily toward using 4" blocks on unislabs for the next one tbh.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Getting close. Ill probably give these another week or so. Some real nice phenos in here, the spiked punch and wedding crasher look really nice, very dense buds. And the 4 star is my favourite smelling plant at the moment. It has a classic chemdog funk. Certainly smaller buds, but its frosting up nice and looking chunky in here. First 2 pics are the spiked punch and last one is the 4 star general. Buds are all lower mids cause the lights are on, i find i get better pics under the canopy with the flash. Ill snag a lights out pic of the whole garden before chop hopefully lol.View attachment 1080010View attachment 1080011View attachment 1080012

I figure ill give these another week or so which should put them in week 10 give or take a few days. Havent really been counting lol.

Starting to think about the next one, and barring this crop blowing my socks off in the flavour dept, I think im going back to automated, and either using rockwool or coco again.. just havent decided which. Definitely a bit of ping pong action in my garden over the last year but im getting close to settling in on a system here i think.

they look great! And of course you are “going back” to a different method. Who would have guessed? Lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
they look great! And of course you are “going back” to a different method. Who would have guessed? Lol
Lol my wife said the same thing.

But im going back to the method that i feel produced the best results out of all the methods ive tried in the last couple years. Rockwool wins. Its just a bit more expensive than coco is all, but i feel like it produced the best yield in the shortest time, and equal quality compared to coco.
The only thing im going to change about it is using the unislab instead of hugos. I didnt like how wet they stay at first and the open bottoms on them. I think unislabs are they way to go.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Lol my wife said the same thing.

But im going back to the method that i feel produced the best results out of all the methods ive tried in the last couple years. Rockwool wins. Its just a bit more expensive than coco is all, but i feel like it produced the best yield in the shortest time, and equal quality compared to coco.
The only thing im going to change about it is using the unislab instead of hugos. I didnt like how wet they stay at first and the open bottoms on them. I think unislabs are they way to go.

i think your rockwool room looked the best too. But you lectured me on coco too much so you have to use coco. :-)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
i think your rockwool room looked the best too. But you lectured me on coco too much so you have to use coco. :-)

Dont get me wrong coco is the balls too. It comes in a very close second. Rockwool just produced the chunkiest, biggest, most fragrant buds for me. And honestly had a bit cleaner of a flavor. It was very nice smoke, nicer than the coco by a small margin. They're both super close.

Its still a month away though so plenty of time for me to change my mind again 🤣

Fudge

Fudge

Looking tremendous in here mate, bet its smelling good. I'm looking for a bit of a nudge. Been told you're the man fur a method of preserving the terps in RSO oil. I'm wanting to have a bash at it as I'd like to try making vape juice as well as edibles with it soon. I'm in no rush as the 1st batch will probably be a practice run for gummies. Thanks

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Looking tremendous in here mate, bet its smelling good. I'm looking for a bit of a nudge. Been told you're the man fur a method of preserving the terps in RSO oil. I'm wanting to have a bash at it as I'd like to try making vape juice as well as edibles with it soon. I'm in no rush as the 1st batch will probably be a practice run for gummies. Thanks
View attachment 1080021

I only used ethanol for winterizing BHO, normally i used isopropyl 99.9% for my washes since it strips much more aggressively. Ethanol works well as the primary solvent too though apparently. The key is quick washes and keeping everything as cold as you can get it throughout the entire extraction and filtering process. Chest freezers with top opening lids work best, and set it as cold as it will go.
Then when you evaporate i prefer to do it outdoors because A, its safer and B, it takes a long time the way I do it which is with no heat, just wind from a fan, and time. Heat over about 20 celcius is when the terps start to volatilize, so if you can evaporate the solvent around 15c you will keep a lot of the terps.

The trick is to purge it properly without heat and a vacuum, and the best method ive used is to spread the oil out super thin on a large piece of glass using a razor blade or scraper. You want it insanely thin. Then lean it against a wall dope side down to avoid dust landing on it and leave it for a week or two at around 15c. Then, scrape it off and you should have a very pure, purged product that retains most of the terpenes.

Fudge

Fudge

I only used ethanol for winterizing BHO, normally i used isopropyl 99.9% for my washes since it strips much more aggressively. Ethanol works well as the primary solvent too though apparently. The key is quick washes and keeping everything as cold as you can get it throughout the entire extraction and filtering process. Chest freezers with top opening lids work best, and set it as cold as it will go.
Then when you evaporate i prefer to do it outdoors because A, its safer and B, it takes a long time the way I do it which is with no heat, just wind from a fan, and time. Heat over about 20 celcius is when the terps start to volatilize, so if you can evaporate the solvent around 15c you will keep a lot of the terps.

The trick is to purge it properly without heat and a vacuum, and the best method ive used is to spread the oil out super thin on a large piece of glass using a razor blade or scraper. You want it insanely thin. Then lean it against a wall dope side down to avoid dust landing on it and leave it for a week or two at around 15c. Then, scrape it off and you should have a very pure, purged product that retains most of the terpenes.
Ooosh time to get the brain in gear a bit, thanks mate. I'll probs do this batch with just quick washes nd an air purge outside. Then go for the full shabang next time. I've got a good freezer, goes to - 32c

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Doing my annual clean and lube of the guns i never get to play with anymore lol. Figured id share a pic of my favourite rifle since we were just discussing this in @Aqua Man 's thread the other day. This is a gas operated semi auto SKS, with a Timbersmith stock set, replacement chrome lined barrel (the original 1950 issue wasnt chrome lined), spring loaded firing pin, Hical rear peep sight and 20rd tapco mags that have been safely pinned to 5 rds with a plug.. lol. Oi.. How they think this makes guns safer is beyond me. It takes any half-wit 5 seconds to take the plug out, but whatever... Thanks for lookin out big brother 😒 Btw, thanks for also making this one non-restricted 🤪.

She isnt the most accurate gun in the safe but will easily hold down 4 MOA at 100m with the peep sight, and has almost no recoil. And it shoots my favourite caliber the 7.62x39, made famous in the AK-47.
20210116 153210

This is considered an intermediate cartridge. Pictured center is a highly frangible Hornady ballistic tip round and far right is a Czech Army surplus, copper washed full metal jacket round, of which you can buy here by the case for dirt cheap. I think i paid about $150 for 500 rds a few years ago. In fact the rifle and a case of 500 rounds cost me less than $500 Cdn, like $400 USD.
Those hornady rounds just look badass loaded into the mags, But surprisingly this gun shoots the army surplus more accurately.
20210116 153108

Welcome to Kanada Comrade!
20210116 154714

Last edited:
Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

I’m pretty interested myself. I’m considering the Down to Earth amendments when I run out of what I have.
I'm running earth dust right now. First run with it and I'm pretty impressed.
Looking forward to seeing how your grow goes.

amekins

amekins

I'm running earth dust right now. First run with it and I'm pretty impressed.
Looking forward to seeing how your grow goes.
I ended up going with Dr. Earth All Purpose Fertilizer and Flower Girl Bud & Bloom Booster. And I believe I amended too lightly because she has definitely needed supplemental feeds (nothing major, just a light feed with FF Grow Big and some Tiger Bloom and a little epsom salt added). But she is growing well and stretching right now. She popped through 12/10/20, and is supposed to be ready in another month or so. I don’t believe that at all

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0047BIVV8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_t1_w14aGbXQFY2RB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

E3D66C65 7976 4686 A7AA C17F0988A095

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0047COGFW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_t1_z34aGbPBH2SZ0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Not sure which one i find more awesome, the weight on the scale or the fact that i can see the reflection of my ceiling in this sweet ass silicone muffin cup of cannabis extract?
Im told its over 82% cannabinoid, 78 point something thc. So like, ive got that goin for me...

Please forgive my horridly dirty scale.. lol

20210116 204514
20210116 204519
Last edited:
Top Bottom