Dirtbag's Method to Growing to a Better Life as written by tobh

• Thread starter tobh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

need recommendations on keif presses. there's gonna be enough from trimming i need a more optimum way of storing it other than in my grinder. and go!
I’m a cheap bastard and use my pre press fixture that I make pucks for the dab press , idk if ya do any solvent less extracting

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I’m a cheap bastard and use my pre press fixture that I make pucks for the dab press , idk if ya do any solvent less extracting
nah, no real extractions happen here. every once in a while i'll run some QWISO but otherwise no other concentrates are made yet. just need something that'll allow me to make pucks out of the keif for storage/curing. figure it'll keep better if it's compressed instead of just being a loose powder in a jar.

Moshmen

Moshmen

i've ran two of his strains, have another five on deck. one of the few breeders that i trust his genetics. i won't ever spend money on katsu's gear again. $200 for a pack of six seeds that only two germinate. fuck that. have a lot in my vault though. this run was some random pollen chucker's shit i got on trade on another forum. probably won't run it again. just didn't check enough boxes even if weight is giving the initial impression of being on point. i can get weight from anything.
I’ve ran 3/4 different thing from dfg - for sure Jeff’s put in the work imo happy with all !

Moshmen

Moshmen

nah, no real extractions happen here. every once in a while i'll run some QWISO but otherwise no other concentrates are made yet. just need something that'll allow me to make pucks out of the keif for storage/curing. figure it'll keep better if it's compressed instead of just being a loose powder in a jar.
It does imo they sell a herb hand press for about 20$ on amazon im like computer illiterate but I can find em easy peasy

tobh

tobh

Supporter
it's pretty crazy realizing just how much quality keif i've thrown away over the years after seeing what this trim bin is collecting. just crossed over six ounces trimmed and still not even halfway done with this batch of flowers. think the final keif weight is where the real impressive number is gonna be.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

need recommendations on keif presses. there's gonna be enough from trimming i need a more optimum way of storing it other than in my grinder. and go!
I use HTP four ton brick press
20210731 194904
20210731 215730

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I welded up a metal press that fits in the jaws of my vice for squishing hash. No pics sadly. Left it at the golf club when I left haha.

The other way would be to use the Frenchy Cannolli method, put the kif between 2 pieces of cellophane and roll it with a bottle or jar full of boiling hot water. You need pretty clean kif to use that method though. Trim bin kif is best mixed with a little bit of oil.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I welded up a metal press that fits in the jaws of my vice for squishing hash. No pics sadly. Left it at the golf club when I left haha.

The other way would be to use the Frenchy Cannolli method, put the kif between 2 pieces of cellophane and roll it with a bottle or jar full of boiling hot water. You need pretty clean kif to use that method though. Trim bin kif is best mixed with a little bit of oil.
i didn't think about that.. i could likely easily fashion something big enough to fit in the vice i have and smash the shit outta it while i hit it with a MAP gas torch to heat it up... hmmm... the gears are turning now.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
i didn't think about that.. i could likely easily fashion something big enough to fit in the vice i have and smash the shit outta it while i hit it with a MAP gas torch to heat it up... hmmm... the gears are turning now.
Haha that's EXACTLY what I used to do except propane.
Go low and slow with the heat.. I've burned a bit of hash going overboard with the torch before. Doesn't need much with the pressure.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Don't use too much oil it dosen't mix well and was messy in the press.
With/without
View attachment 1211349
For sure, I probably won't use a press at all.

The hash I've been smoking lately is a kif/oil blend and it's just amazing smoke. Goes by the name Polar Bear Stamp. The guys that make it say that getting the right color and texture as well as aroma and room nose comes from the specific strain they use which is a traditional Indian hash variety they hold super close to their chest. Been nagging for a cutting for a couple months now haha. Hoping to trade a cut of WC for a cut.
@Kanzeon this is the Polar bear I told you about.

You can see a little oil stuck to the parchment.
20220128 161914

20220128 161946

Top Bottom