Dirtbag's Method to Growing to a Better Life as written by tobh

• Thread starter tobh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Finally decided that i'll store the keif in a jar until i get around to devising a device to turn it into a tasty little chocolate bar of hash. Weight of the first three girls' offering of keif came out to 6.27 grams. was thinking the pile was like two, maybe three at max. scale is more accurate than the eyeball though.

jar is 95 grams even. my scale is off by ~0.03 when weighing a US dollar bill, but not enough to make this questionable.
PXL 20220203 070621460

jar with keif. sorry for the shitty pic, was blown away by this number, 101.27 grams. given the scale limits at 100 grams (supposedly) not sure this weight is 100% accurate but it's enough for me to be not unhappy about the results.
PXL 20220203 071337599

thumb knuckle for scale. this jar is a typical 8th jar of mid-top shelf in the PNW. sure the sizing doesn't vary much, don't need much bigger regardless the region.
PXL 20220203 071825192MP

next batch of girls will likely be getting trimmed, weighed, and jarred on Friday. they're taking a much more chill route of drying and didn't warrant paper bags so will be going straight to jars. final #s will be posted in a few weeks.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Finally decided that i'll store the keif in a jar until i get around to devising a device to turn it into a tasty little chocolate bar of hash. Weight of the first three girls' offering of keif came out to 6.27 grams. was thinking the pile was like two, maybe three at max. scale is more accurate than the eyeball though.

jar is 95 grams even. my scale is off by ~0.03 when weighing a US dollar bill, but not enough to make this questionable.
View attachment 1213132
jar with keif. sorry for the shitty pic, was blown away by this number, 101.27 grams. given the scale limits at 100 grams (supposedly) not sure this weight is 100% accurate but it's enough for me to be not unhappy about the results.
View attachment 1213131
thumb knuckle for scale. this jar is a typical 8th jar of mid-top shelf in the PNW. sure the sizing doesn't vary much, don't need much bigger regardless the region.
View attachment 1213130

next batch of girls will likely be getting trimmed, weighed, and jarred on Friday. they're taking a much more chill route of drying and didn't warrant paper bags so will be going straight to jars. final #s will be posted in a few weeks.
Ive been contemplating weather to tumble my last harvest now or to wait.

Its been curing in vaults since mid oct 2021,

#1 should i cure the flower longer before i collect the kif.

#2 should i collect the kif now and store it in kif form.

#3 or should i tumble it now and press into bricks for longer term storage

sportyridr

sportyridr

View attachment 1213132
View attachment 1213131
View attachment 1213130

Very nice haul & more to come yet šŸ‘

I'm going to start to lightly frozen dry sift all trim/larf from now on. Will still leave plenty behind for my edible folks. I did this a while back & was nicely surprised with the results. Nuthin fancy here, just running things over a silk screen for a few. I think the screen has a 190 on it...good enuff for me as I don't work it over alot.

I did it on a few plants from the small summer grow I had and will be doing it again for sure. Got 6 grams. It's been nice to have a lil something different while I smoke up the only plant from fall run that was any good and it's still shit lol. I'm White Widowed out...new genetics can't finish fast enuff...

I need to get to thinking about this grow finishing in a couple weeks and get my drybox in working order, revamp it, make a new one or whatever. I don't have a spare closet, grow tent. Inside humidity yesterday on 1st floor was 26%, 33 today... 2nd floor with tents/plants 53% so some better. As always there is something to think about/do moving forward. Keeps sh*t fresh I guess...lol

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

Very nice haul & more to come yet šŸ‘

I'm going to start to lightly frozen dry sift all trim/larf from now on. Will still leave plenty behind for my edible folks. I did this a while back & was nicely surprised with the results. Nuthin fancy here, just running things over a silk screen for a few. I think the screen has a 190 on it...good enuff for me as I don't work it over alot.

I did it on a few plants from the small summer grow I had and will be doing it again for sure. Got 6 grams. It's been nice to have a lil something different while I smoke up the only plant from fall run that was any good and it's still shit lol. I'm White Widowed out...new genetics can't finish fast enuff...

I need to get to thinking about this grow finishing in a couple weeks and get my drybox in working order, revamp it, make a new one or whatever. I don't have a spare closet, grow tent. Inside humidity yesterday on 1st floor was 26%, 33 today... 2nd floor with tents/plants 53% so some better. As always there is something to think about/do moving forward. Keeps sh*t fresh I guess...lol

That sounds like how I made my last batch of bubble hash. I took advantage of the 0 degree weather and left all my trim outside to freeze over night, then I used snow and icicles off my roof and mixed it all together. I got a little over aggressive with the mixing I cause my hash turned out a bit green but... It's still tastey and gets me pretty damn high.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Final dry, pre-cure, jarred numbers:

845.08 grams

IF I ran the lights at 100% throughout the entire run, that would come out to 1.17gpw. Not a terrible haul, but I missed the 2lb mark by over two ounces. Overall not upset about it, just a little disappointed. Without the various mistakes I likely would've hit the target. Next run, it's happening.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

if the postal service would knock it's shit off, i might consider sending a sample. however, they've seized several gift packs sent out since the pandemic ramped up and the only way to share is in person now. when you make it to mainland, hit Portland, i'll send you on your way east with some party favors šŸ˜‰
We may have to go that direction. Cali scares me. I don't think my US ID is any good there.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I almost got locked up back in the day going thru Cali. There's something in the water there that sucks brains from people.
Of course, I was much more of a smart ass back then too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom