Dirty carbon filter cleaning help

• Thread starter Shields1898
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shields1898

Shields1898

I have a phresh carbon filter in my 10x10 and I was wondering do you guys clean this?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Directions say to wash the filter with light soap on gentle cycle every 6 months. Also good tip to shake the can to break up and turn the carbon a bit to expose fresh surface area.

mine are lasting at least 18 months for up to 8 flowering plants and 2 drying are filtered.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I just replace the prefilter when it's dirty but I have heard you can wash and reuse them

coherent

coherent

As others have said, washing the pre-filter is fine, just don't wash the carbon filter or get it wet. Water and/or soap will ruin the carbon. Carbon filters should last about 24 months running 24/7. (3-4 yrs if you just run it part time). After that, you have to replace them.

Zmc2021

Zmc2021

My carbon fights my humidifier 247. To the point where the pre filter clogs with calcium buildup after about 2-3 weeks. It must be sucking moisture in too and yet seems to still stop the smell after 6-8 months. Just a cheap no name filter too.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My carbon fights my humidifier 247. To the point where the pre filter clogs with calcium buildup after about 2-3 weeks. It must be sucking moisture in too and yet seems to still stop the smell after 6-8 months. Just a cheap no name filter too.

Using a sonic humidifier with tap water?

Must use ro or calcium dust will get into everything. They should have a warning.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes sonic and yes tap water and yes everything is coated in a white dust.

it’s right from China eBay. I didn’t read instructions.

Mine didnt have a warning and it was name brand off amazon. I read it online somewhere. Ro water will stop it. Or get a regular wick humidifier for the house.

Zmc2021

Zmc2021

Update. I blew the filter out with an air compressor and enough white dust came out to completely make a 20x20’ white cloud in the yard. There must of been two lbs of dust in that thing.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Directions say to wash the filter with light soap on gentle cycle every 6 months. Also good tip to shake the can to break up and turn the carbon a bit to expose fresh surface area.

mine are lasting at least 18 months for up to 8 flowering plants and 2 drying are filtered.
+1

Zmc2021

Zmc2021

yeah I wash the pre filter every few months.

my main problem was using hard tap water in the humidifier. I’ve thrown it out since. Seemed useless. Humidity is fine without it and no white dust on everything.

Top Bottom