discoloration and damage at base of leaf

• Thread starter Ehdam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ehdam

Ehdam

Could somebody please explain to me what's going on here. I'm in the process of testing the ppm's in the soil. It said to let the slurry sit for 24 hours and then filter but I put my PPM metre in the slurry and it's reading 1440. The pH in my soil is 5.3 I ph my water when I mix to 5.9. They are in week 3 of flower a picture of there and I do not

Thx for any help.

Discoloration and damage at base of leaf
Discoloration and damage at base of leaf 2
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I do a slurry test of 2 to 1 water to soil I stir it well once or twice and test it in 15 minutes; that's how I've learned and always done it, I've never heard wait 24 hours but I'm sure there's a lot of things I've never heard of

as for what's wrong with your leaves I've seen that before but I'm just about falling asleep I'll try to recall where I've seen it in the am, good luck!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Pretty sure you have some root damage. Maybe fungus gnats, possibly ph? I would be looking for bugs. In the rootzone.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thank you that would be much appreciated
Aside from the slurry reading, regarding the leaf damage, this is what I think you have going on..
Screenshot 20200603 062939 Google

Edit: actually I looked at your pictures again and now I'm not sure?! I'll be back in a few hours, but good news! You're in very good hands in this thread, some of the growers I turn to when I have questions are involved in your thread, and I've been doing this a long time, won't be surprised if your issue is figured out by the end of the day! 👌🙂

Last edited:
chemistry

chemistry

Can you put a pic up of the whole plant, and the underside of the damaged leaves, and what's on the leaf in the first pic?

Ehdam

Ehdam

I was I was reading about the sulphur deficiency that seems the most likely. I don't see any bugs how do I go about looking for bugs on the roots?

thanks for all the help everyone

20200603 074448
20200603 074448
Ehdam

Ehdam

I think in the first picture that was just a bit of soil on the leaf. the picture of the underside of the leaf is the same Leaf in the first picture

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I was I was reading about the sulphur deficiency that seems the most likely. I don't see any bugs how do I go about looking for bugs on the roots?

thanks for all the help everyone
Do you have pictures in natural light? Sulfur will usually start with very light green new growth.

It could be sulfur deficiency but the question is why? Lockout due to Ph, nutrient build up or bugs.

Do you have any bugs you can see? Little black fly's? Can you scratch down about an inch into the soil and look closely.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I think in the first picture that was just a bit of soil on the leaf. the picture of the underside of the leaf is the same Leaf in the first picture
see how your white striping and the white striping on the picture I posted looks identical

and it also says that it affects the back of the leaf 1st where the majority of your holes are, I think you just have a very severe case

I have only seen that a few times that's why I didn't remember at first because it's not that common but I do believe it is sulfur

Let's see what other people think maybe it's something else or a combination of a few things

but if that were my plant I would mix up one level tablespoon of sulfur to one gallon of water and spray it well right now, won't hurt and I think it will help

Then the next thing I would do is take a slurry test to see what's going on in my soil that might be affecting nutrient uptake and causing lockouts, best wishes!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The sulfur theory might hold some water, but in my experience, it is pretty uncommon. I think what you might have going on is a lockout from either the high PPMs or the low Ph, which can make most nutrients unavailable to plants. The damage to the leaves doesn't look like a normal nutrient burn, which usually either twists the new growth (excessive P or K) or causes clawing/wilting (Nitrogen). The rest are micronutrients that are only needed in very small quantities. It DOES look like a bug munched on it, but I don't think that is the case.

chemistry

chemistry

see how your white striping and the white striping on the picture I posted looks identical

and it also says that it affects the back of the leaf 1st where the majority of your holes are, I think you just have a very severe case

I have only seen that a few times that's why I didn't remember at first because it's not that common but I do believe it is sulfur

Let's see what other people think maybe it's something else or a combination of a few things

but if that were my plant I would mix up one level tablespoon of sulfur to one gallon of water and spray it well right now, won't hurt and I think it will help

Then the next thing I would do is take a slurry test to see what's going on in my soil that might be affecting nutrient uptake and causing lockouts, best wishes!

I was thinking lockout. 5.3ph and 1440ppm might just do it.

Ehdam

Ehdam

thanks for all the help I also think it's my pH and PPM s I don't see any symptoms of bugs nor have I ever had any in my room this is only my third grow so I am pretty new I had a very long day at work and I am exhausted I will have a better look tomorrow thanks again for all your help greatly appreciated

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Just noticed I said mix up one level tablespoon of sulfur above, and what I meant was one level tablespoon of Epsom salts

Ehdam

Ehdam

Thanks again for all the help. I did a slurry test for both the PPM and pH in the soil. PPM came in at 990 and PH came in at 5.4 that was after feeding them yesterday with a pH of 7 to try and get it up. Pretty much all of the plants that have that Browning at the base all their new growth the leaves are looking fucked up. please somebody help me fix this

chemistry

chemistry

Keep doing what your doing, over feeding takes a little time to decrease. Your PH has gone up a point through feeding PH 7.0, this is good, just keep feeding at 600ppm and a PH of 7 until the colour balances out, takes a week, the only thing you need is patience. Once the colour is balanced, then work out a good feed ratio.

Latest posts

Top Bottom