Discoloration during drying

• Thread starter Bitters420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bitters420

Bitters420

Just pulled 2nd half of my Flintstone from the drying tent and noticed some funky purple/black coloring. This is only on sections, not all branches. I let dry out in pots for 6 days then cut and hang for 5-7 days. I don't want to trim it all and not be able to smoke it.
Any thoughts? Never had a discoloration like this before.

Discoloration during drying
Discoloration during drying 2
Discoloration during drying 3
Discoloration during drying 4
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

can u get any closer?
I'm wondering about ph, or flush technique, at the end.?

actually, got me stumped.
any thoughts i can pray to the bible, with? I'll read up, if u have a suspicion?

um... um... if u think it's mould, or mildew: what's ur drying technique? regardless, I'm thinkin de-stem. we don't process stem, do we?

there r budwashing videos, on YouTube. i know Cervantes and pigeons420, show varied, methods. won't hurt ur flower.

water curing, is another method. i wasn't fastidious enough, to pull it off, correctly.
ummm... I'd definitely go boveda packets, vs burpin. once it starts...

if bud rot... cut out the rot n I'll go to the "good book"...

others, will follow. not to worry.

once u get even the shots u already posted- enlarge n crop to area/s, of particular, concern. some strains, just have purps...

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

That's fine and completely normal. While the plant is growing that is a response to low phosphorous or pH imbalance. Since you left the plant intact but drying for several days that is the natural reaction of the plant and it carried through into the dry until the plants cells had all ceased activity. Ultimately you are fine and enjoy your harvest.

Top Bottom