Discoloration in new growth. All opinions welcome.

• Thread starter BirdLaw86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Issue began when the pot was underwatered and the bottom fan leaves showed discoloration and slight browning on edges. I panicked then I watered and may have over done it, not because i added to much at 1 time, but because I watered again the next day to ensure the roots werent dying, and then again 24 hrs later in smaller amounts. Rookie mistakes! Being that I added in alot more c02 I assumed the plant was using water at a faster rate, and since I already stay light handed with watering by only adding a gallon per watering into a 7gallon pot, i assumed the new c02 addition was causing it to drink more so i added extra water in those 2 days after it was underwatered. There were reasons I added extra, not bc idk the info on watering. Im still learning how different enviromental conditions affect the plant.....with all that being said, pics of the new growth with slight discoloration are below, is the issue bc I overwatered? Does it need more cal-mag as i havent added that much being that its still veg? Whats the general consensus here?

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

20211117 085338 HDR

20211117 085350 HDR
20211117 085411
20211117 085421
OldManGrower

OldManGrower

Don’t beat yourself up. My first grow was a train wreck. Overall they look pretty good. I don’t use CO2 until flowering and have good luck during veg. If you want to improve the roots, use a root enhancer or root growth product. I buy clones and use the root growth nutrient most of the 3 week veg period. What type of lighting do you use and how far is it from the plants? What nutrients are you now using?

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

All organic dry amendments. Premium kelp, and most of whats in subcools super soil. I then just mixed in some super soil with all organic tomato soil, ive been feeding with top dress and compost teas. I have a natures pride flower bloom dry amendment for flower. I also have a bunch of inputs that are from knf and jadam. Ive used them also, 1 application of water soluable calcium, 1 application of LAB, Ive added 3 compost teas since start. For the most part shes eating via topdress. Worm castings, mixed with soil, 2 tablespoons of black cow manure and 1/4 a teaspoon of dry kelp. Ill assume the 6-2-2 in the neem i added for pest control added some goodies also. The manure was only added 1 time into top dress about 16days ago. That was the last shes been fed nutes aside from some MG.

My light is a marz hydro sp3000. Full intensity and hung about 30inches above canopy, maybe more as i have the light as high as it goes.

OldManGrower

OldManGrower

I can't comment on what you are feeding your plants. If it works, don't change it out. I normally use products such as Emerald Harvest or Advanced Nutrients during veg or flowering. I checked out your LED light and it looks pretty good. I've been using LED for the past 4 grows and it works well, except you have to keep an eye out for the temp in the tent. LED's radiate light but I've never seen much in heat from them. So keep a small space heater in the tent and keep the temp about 79 - 80 during veg and slightly lower during flowering. I found out from mistakes that buds will not get hard unless you have the temp around that range during flowering.

I'm not sure what your LED company recommends for height, but normally it should be 18" from your plant during veg and 24" during flowering. Check back with the LED supplier for recommendations. Best of luck.

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Shes bounced back and looks spectacular. A bit of MG as foliar and in soil and she hasnt ever looked so happy.
The lights get hot, its not the actual leds though, its the box on top which contains all the other stuff like wires and shit, that makes it hot in the tent. Not too hot though, with good air flow the tent stays around 75 to 80 depending on the heat in the house. Whenever ive dropped them lower, the leaves dont like it at all so im assuming its just this pheno.
Ty for the help broski.

Latest posts

Top Bottom