Discoloured leaves any advice appreciated

• Thread starter Aussie farm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aussie farm

Aussie farm

Howdy crew I've just noticed the news leaves on this girl have discoloured slightly and we're wrinkly. I've gave her a flush 2 days ago and brought the run off down to 300ppm from 600ppm as I may have increased feed to quickly. I dropped her feed back down to 400ppm gave her just water yesterday morning and a light feed in the arvo. This morning she's had just water and will get a feed this arvo again, the wrinkles have improved slightly now hopefully the colour will to.
Discoloured leaves any advice appreciated 2
Discoloured leaves any advice appreciated 3
Discoloured leaves any advice appreciated
if anyone has any suggestions or advice it would be greatly appreciated as this is my first indoor grow.. Cheers

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

She not getting better looking a bit sad going to start feeding just water every second day for a while see how she reacts.
IMG20220602143135
IMG20220602144453
IMG20220602144516

High5_it_in

High5_it_in

I started letting mine dry out more. I'm Ph'ing my water and then I water until it runs off a bit. Then I let them dry out about 3-4 days, and repeat. I will sometimes foliar spray them with my Floraflex foliar mix in between watering. I'm using Floraflex nutrients it says 2.4-3.0 EC thru veg, but I kind of underfeed a tiny bit, I also feed every other watering starting out, I guess they'll kinda show me if they want more nutrients?

IMG 7839
IMG 7844
Last edited:
Aussie farm

Aussie farm

I started letting mine dry out more. I'm Ph'ing my water and then I water until it runs off a bit. Then I let them dry out about 3-4 days, and repeat
I haven't been able to adjust my Ph yet it's just strange as I have another in the same tent being fed the same and it's doing well. Different strain though so obviously different watering and feeding required. This is the I indica one doing well.
IMG20220602162303
IMG20220602143146
IMG20220602162325

High5_it_in

High5_it_in

Yup, I had CAP's Mac stomper loving things, and Seed Junky's Grape Pie x Kush Mints 11 wasn't liking the same feeding at all, it started turning yellowish earlier, eventually the MAC stomper started going a bit yellow too. I wasn't PH'ing my water at the time because I didn't have a meter. Once I started measuring PH with a combo meter, they turned green pretty quick. Haha so for me that's what I check first every time. Overwatering and where's the Ph, Some plants show ya quicker if they're not where they want to be though

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

Yup, I had CAP's Mac stomper loving things, and Seed Junky's Grape Pie x Kush Mints 11 wasn't liking the same feeding at all, it started turning yellowish earlier, eventually the MAC stomper started going a bit yellow too. I wasn't PH'ing my water at the time because I didn't have a meter. Once I started measuring PH with a combo meter, they turned green pretty quick. Haha so for me that's what I check first every time. Overwatering and where's the Ph, Some plants show ya quicker if they're not where they want to be though
Yeah cool any tricks to lowering pH or is the pH down solution pretty much the way I already have a metre. I should of put perlite through the mix that would of made a difference as well.

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

You're going to want accuracy with your ph testing, there's different methods and costs for adjusting ph.
Do you think using lemon juice will work..? Probably won't be good for the plant being so high in sugars..

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

Back your light off to atleast 2 ft. Your pushing them way to hard.

Give it s week to see improvements in nee growth
Hey Aqua Man Cheers for the tip but I'm not sure my lights are powerful enough to be effective from that distance as they are not high quality. I'll give it a go though I'm sure I'll see a change pretty quick if the lights are weak..

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

Do you think using lemon juice will work..? Probably won't be good for the plant being so high in sugars..
Scrap that just tried it doesn't lower it anywhere near enough I'd have to put in the same amount of each juice and food.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey Aqua Man Cheers for the tip but I'm not sure my lights are powerful enough to be effective from that distance as they are not high quality. I'll give it a go though I'm sure I'll see a change pretty quick if the lights are weak..
Thats what every person who light burns their plants says until they figure it out…lol i know its not funny but honestly heard that many times before in response. None the less you always reduce light intensity when facing issues ir they get worse faster

Also do not use lemon juice its an all around bad idea. This looks to be soil and therefore you have no need to PH other than for ideal PH range during mixing to prevent precipitation of some nutrients. But i doubt you are using anything like silicate that may require this step.

High5_it_in

High5_it_in

I have a combo meter for testing. I just use the ph down from this control kit I got from a hydro store, it says you can test your ph with the kit also. amazon has it for $20

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aussie farm read this for some info on PH brother. And remember its not the type of acid thats an issue its the concentration and PH. Citric acid from lemons or phosphoric acid isnt what uarns the roots… its the PH they create that does the damage

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

Thats what every person who light burns their plants says until they figure it out…lol i know its not funny but honestly heard that many times before in response. None the less you always reduce light intensity when facing issues ir they get worse faster

Also do not use lemon juice its an all around bad idea. This looks to be soil and therefore you have no need to PH other than for ideal PH range during mixing to prevent precipitation of some nutrients. But i doubt you are using anything like silicate that may require this step.
Sweet thanks man I raised the light this morning the humidity has improved just having a bucket of water next to the intake for a few hrs this morning. Yeah I'm using soil with Coco peat mix through and same in the material pots I'll transplant into. Not using silicate don't even know what that is yet. 😁 Do you think it will be too much for such a Newby to grow two different strains in the same tent with their different needs.? I was thinking of maybe growing one outside in the green house or are the differences in needs minor and shouldn't pose an issue.?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sweet thanks man I raised the light this morning the humidity has improved just having a bucket of water next to the intake for a few hrs this morning. Yeah I'm using soil with Coco peat mix through and same in the material pots I'll transplant into. Not using silicate don't even know what that is yet. 😁 Do you think it will be too much for such a Newby to grow two different strains in the same tent with their different needs.? I was thinking of maybe growing one outside in the green house or are the differences in needs minor and shouldn't pose an issue.?
You should be ok if they are similar. Meaning one is not heavy sativa and the other indica. Its a bit more challenging but still very doable if only 2 plants

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

You should be ok if they are similar. Meaning one is not heavy sativa and the other indica. Its a bit more challenging but still very doable if only 2 plants
Awesome thanks I'll give it a crack hopefully the sativa turns around soon.

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

So I got a 150 watt bulb for the ceramic heater and with having to water next to the intake the temps look stable at 26°C and Rh at 55-60%. I've also raised the lights to 50cm. Is the purple stems and lines down the main stalk stress.? Thanks again for the advise guys appreciate it..
IMG20220603164629
IMG20220603163944
IMG20220603164001 01

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
some plants get stunted by topping you see the abnormal leaf growth it's due to a hormone problem but it will go away after it recovers just don't water too often in soil you wait until the pot is light
it's good you raised temps 20°C are way too low

Top Bottom