Discoloured leaves any advice appreciated

• Thread starter Aussie farm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aussie farm

Aussie farm

some plants get stunted by topping you see the abnormal leaf growth it's due to a hormone problem but it will go away after it recovers just don't water too often in soil you wait until the pot is light
it's good you raised temps 20°C are way too low
Cheers mate I've been feeding once a day seems to be working. When do you think is a good time to transplant into material pots.?

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Soil - irrigate/transplant when pot is light, earth needs a dryback, esp. with young plants.

If you water daily moist soil it will drown roots and also give a yellow plant as suffocated roots have a hard time getting minerals.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So I got a 150 watt bulb for the ceramic heater and with having to water next to the intake the temps look stable at 26°C and Rh at 55-60%. I've also raised the lights to 50cm. Is the purple stems and lines down the main stalk stress.? Thanks again for the advise guys appreciate it.. View attachment 1250460View attachment 1250458View attachment 1250459
Notice how they are in the topside of the petiole and underside is still relatively green? Thats from light. If they were solid dark purple tgat would be an issue.

One indicator of light to intense… by itself its not an issue but combined with other observations is how i came to my conclusion of backing the light off.

They are called anthocyanins

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

And @N1ghtL1ght is correct… the cause of light tolerance can be different. Meaning watering can be the cause of lower light tolerance.

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

Soil - irrigate/transplant when pot is light, earth needs a dryback, esp. with young plants.

If you water daily moist soil it will drown roots and also give a yellow plant as suffocated roots have a hard time getting minerals.
Thanks heaps for the tip I'll back the watering off a bit till they dry out more..

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

Notice how they are in the topside of the petiole and underside is still relatively green? Thats from light. If they were solid dark purple tgat would be an issue.

One indicator of light to intense… by itself its not an issue but combined with other observations is how i came to my conclusion of backing the light off.

Cheers for explaining..

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Howdy crew I've just noticed the news leaves on this girl have discoloured slightly and we're wrinkly. I've gave her a flush 2 days ago and brought the run off down to 300ppm from 600ppm as I may have increased feed to quickly. I dropped her feed back down to 400ppm gave her just water yesterday morning and a light feed in the arvo. This morning she's had just water and will get a feed this arvo again, the wrinkles have improved slightly now hopefully the colour will to.View attachment 1249179View attachment 1249180View attachment 1249178if anyone has any suggestions or advice it would be greatly appreciated as this is my first indoor grow.. Cheers
I don't know what was causing it but my plants were doing the exact same the first month. They're about 2 months old now and all signs are gone. They look healthy now. All I did was put them in the ground and feed them.

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

Thats what every person who light burns their plants says until they figure it out…lol i know its not funny but honestly heard that many times before in response. None the less you always reduce light intensity when facing issues ir they get worse faster

Also do not use lemon juice its an all around bad idea. This looks to be soil and therefore you have no need to PH other than for ideal PH range during mixing to prevent precipitation of some nutrients. But i doubt you are using anything like silicate that may require this step.
What's the ideal PH range for mixing as I'm using rain water which has a PH of 7.8 and 13 ppm. Is it also best to mix a fresh feed every day or can a batch sit for a couple of days.?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What's the ideal PH range for mixing as I'm using rain water which has a PH of 7.8 and 13 ppm. Is it also best to mix a fresh feed every day or can a batch sit for a couple of days.?
Under 8 and ideally under 7. Much depends on what your mixing sonif you can gove me an idea i can give you a better answer to that.

With 13ppm i dont think you even need to consider the PH but rather what your mixing and in what order

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

Under 8 and ideally under 7. Much depends on what your mixing sonif you can gove me an idea i can give you a better answer to that.

With 13ppm i dont think you even need to consider the PH but rather what your mixing and in what order
This is what I'm using through veg mixing equal parts into rain water to reach 350ppm. I started on 100ppm last week.
Screenshot 2022 06 04 05 17 35 27

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

So I've measured the light using an app for my phone and it reads the following at a height of 30cm

Over the indica happy plant
Screenshot 2022 06 04 06 24 27 19
Screenshot 2022 06 04 06 27 17 01

Now over the sativa sad plant
Screenshot 2022 06 04 06 24 35 50
Screenshot 2022 06 04 06 27 25 57

Are these readings indicative of the light being too strong at that height or more so don't trust a phone app or is that reading ok for the stage their at and the sativa has another issue..???

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes… like 150-300 early stages like yours… start closer to 150 and slowly work up. 500 is near the upper limit of a mature plant in veg

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Alao numbers are ok for reference but you do want to go by the plants. I still feel they are getting to much light

Top Bottom