Disjointed (netflix)

• Thread starter Menehune
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Menehune

Menehune

Well, if it get's people to lighten up about it and laugh...

Cheech and Chong are now some of the biggest leaders in the industry and even did time for the cause. I mean, yah on one hand I see how they are making fun of stereotypes (which completely exist), and the other bringing a very human aspect to a smokers life, or more specifically people in the "legal" game.

@william76 The show is about a baby-boomer marijuana activist/attorney who owns/operates a marijuana dispensary. It follows the business and the people that work there. It's definitely over the top with the stereotyping but I think it's funny. It's like "that 70's Show" style.

*******SPOILER BELOW*******

Kathy Bates is terrific. Also, Tone Bell plays "Carter" on the show who is the dispensaries security guard who suffers from PTSD. Not really a spoiler because as soon as you find out he was deployed (in Afghanistan) you see where this is going. But yah, they make fun of stereotypes which is actually like calling them out for being so ridiculous. They also portray that MJ helps. You can be the judge. It made me laugh.

sun

sun

my ol lady just started watching this . I havent checked it out yet , but Kathy Bates is usually good

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Gonna check it out tonight.......if I remember.
Lol

Decided to give it a quick go. 10 mins into it, funny as heck!

Last edited:
Menehune

Menehune

The poem/illustration about PTSD was... that means a lot to some friends of mine who have watched the first episode. They found relief and peace of mind by smoking where they used to wake up in the middle of the night, sweating with night terrors. They said they thought that it brings up a good point and draws attention to a real thing that people who come home from war are dealing with.

lemons

lemons

I knew there had a thread about this show! It was fucking hilarious.

From the "culture" (i fucking hate that word) standpoint, I can see why people in free states take offense, but for cats under the thumb of prohibition it puts a lot of the stereotypes in a positive light. A stereotypical stoner is a still a human being. What better way to break down the walls than give a massive audience the opportunity to laugh with us. Not at us.

Also... someone make some Chinese herbal aact and post results lmao

Top Bottom