Solved Dislike Button

• Thread starter nebulius
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nebulius

nebulius

Someone suggesting in one of the posts that a dislike button would be a cool feature. It pertained to someone TYPING IN ALL CAPS AND SAYING WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL? Kind of annoying, lol, but seriously a dislike button sounds pretty cool. You disagee? Dislike my post, lol. :p

nebulius

nebulius

LOL I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT U VAPOREDOUT. NOW AM I SCREAMING OR TRYING TO HELP YOU READ?

Just joking with ya. I think when people read it, they automatically read it in their head as yelling, at least that's how it reads to me.

But back to the dislike button, you like or dislike? I think it's a good idea. It's like being a judge on American Idol. Right now we can only Jennifer Lopez the posts and sometimes I want to be a Simon Cowell.

Dodge

Dodge

Having a dislike button is sort of not necessary and it would create friction. It's like that old saying: "If you don't have something nice to say then don't say nothing at all." If you disagree with a post then you can respond and explain your opinion or hypothesis creating a dialogue that can promote learning and advancement. To have an outright dislike button, with no explanations, could only create friction and detract from the purpose of these forums. Later nebulius

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I look at the ignore button as a dislike button,For the first time ive used it recently mostly because of political posts and 1 member who just cant stop preaching his opinions,it works great and im not impeding on him saying whatever he likes!

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
I think it's one of those things were....if you have nothing kind to say, don't say anything at all.a dislike button would not go over well on the farm. Like fishwhistle stated, just ignore those who you don't mesh well with and stay around those you do. Everyone is entitled to there opinions, just doesn't mean they are good ones or right about it :) I'm playin....~Smf~

nebulius

nebulius

Having a dislike button is sort of not necessary and it would create friction. It's like that old saying: "If you don't have something nice to say then don't say nothing at all." If you disagree with a post then you can respond and explain your opinion or hypothesis creating a dialogue that can promote learning and advancement. To have an outright dislike button, with no explanations, could only create friction and detract from the purpose of these forums. Later nebulius
Good insight Dodge, didn't think of it like that. I'm all about being positive and can see how this could lead to more negativity and arguments.
I look at the ignore button as a dislike button,For the first time ive used it recently mostly because of political posts and 1 member who just cant stop preaching his opinions,it works great and im not impeding on him saying whatever he likes!
Cool Fish, never really payed attention to ignore button. Good to know.
I would think a dislike option would be nice only if others cannot see it, besides staff ?
I think the Report button does the same thing, right? Reports posts you dislike to staff.
I think it's one of those things were....if you have nothing kind to say, don't say anything at all.a dislike button would not go over well on the farm. Like fishwhistle stated, just ignore those who you don't mesh well with and stay around those you do. Everyone is entitled to there opinions, just doesn't mean they are good ones or right about it :) I'm playin....~Smf~
Good vibes from the site. Like that everyone here wants to keep the site up beat and on a positive note.

V

vierundzwanzig

yeah i agree that no dislike button is best. this site is the best imo because there is no green karma associated with the like or ignore and the report sounds snitchy so yeah... go to cheers where everybody knows your name and respects what you have to say.
this thread is a like fest anyways
deep buddy makes jokes and we laugh.
life is good and we can all get along but you got to pack that bong

T

TECK

Someone suggesting in one of the posts that a dislike button would be a cool feature.
IMO, that will create animosity among users. Imagine that in every threads you post, you will get few "smart asses" who will constantly dislike your posts... just to get you irate. Is a lot easier to click on Dislike than to actually write a reply. That was the big FAIL at Digg, new people used to get hammered by popular users and their followers were disliking automatically that post because their "master" thought is worthless.

For that reason, a Dislike button will not be implemented.

nebulius

nebulius

Thanks Teck, was hoping a Server Administrator would chime in and give some perspective.
I agree it will cause conflict and is a bad idea and if anyone disagrees or dislikes a post it is better to have commentary to support their opinion. great discussion, like all the view points.

soserthc1

soserthc1

was gonna say the same thing so ill just reply to SMF -we are all here for one common purpose and there will always be people who dont care for other people post - just ignore them the like firstwistle stated above and i usually only read post i find interesting and try to stay positive (like now i wanna comment on the person FW discribed above but i wont) The like button is cool but not that big a deal, basically we are all here to learn more about the plant we all love so much - leave the disliking to the moderaters and logic .... peace

soserthc1

soserthc1

I would think a dislike option would be nice only if others cannot see it, besides staff ?
I would think or hope that the report button is for breaking the rules - i'm pretty sure mods don't want a report everytime you dislike a post... ok enough on this.....happy farming -

dankworth

dankworth

We should keep it real and have a "fuck you buddy" button.
Or a "why don't you make like a hermaphrodite-and go fuck yourself!" button.
That way people could tell me...
Well you get the idea.
It would be awesome! I would laugh my ass off.
I am pretty high all the time, after all.

nebulius

nebulius

We should keep it real and have a "fuck you buddy" button.
Or a "why don't you make like a hermaphrodite-and go fuck yourself!" button.
That way people could tell me...
Well you get the idea.
It would be awesome! I would laugh my ass off.
I am pretty high all the time, after all.
Hey Dank, thanks for making like Santa Claus and leaving your presence.
Now I'm going to make like a bus boy and get the fork outta here. lol

But seriously, I'm going to make like a botanist and leave. :D

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Just dropping by to give a jennifer lopez. Man, those buttons would sure make this a raucous place pretty quickly..

dankworth

dankworth

Just dropping by to give a jennifer lopez. Man, those buttons would sure make this a raucous place pretty quickly..​
El Cerebro,
Does this mean you will marry a dude that you are way too good looking for?
I don't understand.

WTF, how do I quote correctly?

Top Bottom