Distance From Led To Plants

• Thread starter Frosty420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frosty420

Frosty420

I recently purchased a Yehsense 1500 watt triple chip LED for my 4×4 tent. Since this my first LED I've used Im wondering at what height should my LED be from seedlings? Its at 30 inches right now.

Thanks,
Frosty420

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I recently purchased a Yehsense 1500 watt triple chip LED for my 4×4 tent. Since this my first LED I've used Im wondering at what height should my LED be from seedlings? Its at 30 inches right now.

Thanks,
Frosty420
thats the magic number i was gonna say,as the plant grows ,if it starts to stretch drop light down a little at a time,if it burns move it up

Dan789

Dan789

Thanks,
Frosty420
Seedings that I've grown are quite sensitive to led's, I use a 2' 4 tube T5 till they get past the solo cup stage, then you can run them with what you've got...

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Agree the seedlings don’t need that intensity atm, 30” is great when vegging, raise to 52” if u don’t have t5 for the seed phase of the grow and lower to 24-36” based on genetics/ strain.

Sativa: high light intensity dependent
Closer light height levels/ max setting more blue / max red/ benefits with added white lights, side lighting

Indica: lower light intensity: more red
Higher light height levels : cooler temps
Side lighting isn’t as important flatter plant geography

Hybrid: dominant dependence use the sativa vs indica profiles.
Led also makes heat just not as much as traditional hid.
Ensure great inflow and outflow of air to avoid dead air lights on and burning.

Top Bottom