DIY - 12 Inch Sewer pipe... Need suggestions!!

• Thread starter persiankid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
persiankid

persiankid

So I've got 19 12 foot sticks of 12 inch sewer pipe. I've been wanting to make some kind of hydroponic or aeroponic system out of these. The problem is I keep rippin my bong :animbong: and everytime I seem to be further away from making a decision on which way to set it up! :bong2:

So I wanted to ask all of you wonderful stoners at the farm what you would do with 12 inch sewer pipes?? I'm medical so my goal is to have less plants or should I say trees? Definitely trees...

A few thoughts on how to set up the sewer pipe:

3 - 4 plants per tube max. in say a 3-4 inch net pot.
capping both ends of the pipe and running drain to waste

capping both ends of the tube and drilling a drain hole about half way up on the side of the pipe so that I would have 3-6 inches of standing water that I could aerate and create a DWC type of enviroment

again sealing both ends of the pipe and running hard line through the inside with some sort of aero misters/sprayers possibly HP aero

Maybe a combo of DWC and HP Aero??

I hope this isn't too vague of a post, I guess my goal is to spark a solid brainstorming session that could lead to an amazing grow system. My hope is that with the amount of root space a 12 inch sewer pipe can give that I can grow some monster medical tree's for myself and the patients around me! Any and all suggestions are welcome I really appreciate it homies!! :help:

sky high

sky high

Yo.

So you aren't re-inventing the wheel, I would look at possibly utilizing the same concept that Gh uses in an Aeroflo 2 where pressurized water is jetted into the tube, aerating the water in the bottom of the tube, then drains out and recircs. They use a "laser line" and you can buy them seperately.......Like dis

http://www.horticulturesource.com/g...1738/?osCsid=ba16c667b5ff6895ee2b6ec49c56cef7

the other concept would be aeroponics....installing a line running the length of the tube covered with misters that blast the inside of the tube with mist. Like the "V" gardens used/use ..

misters might be best. with a pipe that large it's gonna weigh a shit ton if it gets 1/3 to 1/2 full of water....

hope that fosters some thought for ya. get on it (a.k.a. "step away from the bong, son")and take some pics/do a tutorial, dammit. LOL

s h

J

Jalisco Kid

Get the rubber caps to make it easier to remove roots. I would run lp aero in something that small. JK

persiankid

persiankid

Sky thanks man, i do need to step away from the bong and do a tutorial, as soon as I get everything put together i will definitely start one. I'm running two aeroflo 2's right now and they're pretty sweet but the root chamber is too damn small and they're just pretty weak over all I think the misters you showed a link to would probably work better.. Thanks again bro!
Jalisco, really you think it's too small for HP? I was thinking that with 12 feet of pipe it's basically like the diameter of your average 3 gallon bucket but 12 feet long? and I was also thinking that since it was a smaller chamber it would be easier to fill with the hp mist? I donno i have seen your systems and you def know what you're doing I really appreciate you chiming in brother!

J

Jalisco Kid

Your roots will fill that puppy up the mist will travel 3-4" before it hits the roots. I ran 8" aero a long time back. It was solid roots at the end of the run. JK

persiankid

persiankid

@papa donno the exact material.. they're the ones you see on const sites when they're bringing in utilities.. turquoise in color and they have a bell on one end.

@JK that's what i was hoping to hear.. i've been using aeroflow 2 60 sites and only putting 30 plants in them with the system scissored out and i keep clogging the drain tubes from the posts with a solid bar of roots! This is what sparked the idea of using this sewer pipe...

Papa

Papa

Supporter
if it's turquoise, it's likely polypropylene, which will work for you. i was asking cause "sewer pipe" can be a number of different materials, some of which wouldn't work well for growing.

apa

persiankid

persiankid

if it's turquoise, it's likely polypropylene, which will work for you. i was asking cause "sewer pipe" can be a number of different materials, some of which wouldn't work well for growing.

apa

Thanks for the info it's going to be awhile until I get these going.. when I do I will put up thread for it... thanks again

Latest posts

Top Bottom